Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #3916
Bosnian Sajo
we finish or we done?
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The ISH Grim Reaper
Posts: 8,773
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Are you guys serious? I was fine with the last episode, sure it didn't have as much action as the red wedding but really how can you expect them to top that??
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #3917
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,825
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue

King in the North

But seriously that looks badass

Hey has anyone consider that if bran can take over a dumb human like Hodor, he might be able to take over a dragon?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #3918
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,058
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
King in the North

But seriously that looks badass

Hey has anyone consider that if bran can take over a dumb human like Hodor, he might be able to take over a dragon?

I think there is a catch to his power... I don't think it will be that easy for him. There has to be some form of repercussion or consequences to being able to wield such magic. I haven't read the books but just a hunch.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #3919
HeatFanSince88
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 357
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven? Dont get his storyline at all, wish his group would just get killed off.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #3920
Pointguard
NBA All-star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,560
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
King in the North

But seriously that looks badass

Hey has anyone consider that if bran can take over a dumb human like Hodor, he might be able to take over a dragon?

(In Tyrion's voice) He's a young boy. Hormones would dictate that he would have Danaerys twerk in a public bath.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #3921
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,825
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
(In Tyrion's voice) He's a young boy. Hormones would dictate that he would have Danaerys twerk in a public bath.

I am going to assume the limit of his power is that the more intelligent a life form is the harder it is to control them. Animals are easy, anyone with the power can do it. Hodor is too smart to control for people with average warg power, but someone as talented as bran can do it.

Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Also whats up with Yara only taking 50 dudes to rescue Theon? Are they the Ironborn version of seal team six?

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 06-11-2013 at 02:13 AM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #3922
prodigyjazz
I brick open layups
 
prodigyjazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Best of Tyrion Season 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0dKRBoqw8
prodigyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #3923
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,081
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Lots of nudity and violence in this show. Emilia Clarke has a nice body.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #3924
Nick Young
Arbiter of Coexistence
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Thank you Based Mamba
Posts: 27,817
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I am going to assume the limit of his power is that the more intelligent a life form is the harder it is to control them. Animals are easy, anyone with the power can do it. Hodor is too smart to control for people with average warg power, but someone as talented as bran can do it.

Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Also whats up with Yara only taking 50 dudes to rescue Theon? Are they the Ironborn version of seal team six?
They say one iron born is worth 20 westeros men but they seem like a faction that talks a lot of shit and can't back it up.

All the same she took the fastest ship and only 50 men so she's hopefully planning somekind of special ops mission and not a siege of the warden of the north's home base with only 50 men.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #3925
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,058
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
They say one iron born is worth 20 westeros men but they seem like a faction that talks a lot of shit and can't back it up.

All the same she took the fastest ship and only 50 men so she's hopefully planning somekind of special ops mission and not a siege of the warden of the north's home base with only 50 men.

One ironborn is worth a dozen men... dozen = 12.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #3926
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,179
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Tywin is pretty funny.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #3927
BoogieWoogieMan
Redemption
 
BoogieWoogieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Justice City
Posts: 13,235
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Tywin was going to tell Sansa about her brother and mother's death, and most likely be gentle about it, but somebody beat him to the punch. Probably that c*nt Joffrey.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #3928
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece
 
ItsMillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Naptown
Posts: 1,399
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven? Dont get his storyline at all, wish his group would just get killed off.

He supposedly will be able to help Westeros defeat the White Walkers. There are a ton of things that we haven't discovered yet about Bran, his storyline really gets interesting once he passes the Wall.

The boy with Bran said: "The Night's Watch and all its men cannot stop them. All the Kings of Westeros and their armies can't stop them"

Bran is really important to the overall story.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #3929
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,897
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven?


Because.. Winter Is Coming.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3930
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
mika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 705
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

one thing from the book i would have liked to see is high lighted in white. not really a spoiler but i didn't want to upset anybody here.


they left out coldhands
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy