Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #3916
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I started reading today from where season 3 left off and god damn just 5 minutes ago! They should have ended the show with what happens 50 pages later.

I don't know why they didn't. However, people who are not reading will absolutely be in with one hell of a GoT S4 premiere next year.

Gonna read everything from the second half of book 3 till 5 now because I am impatient.

So you skipped the first two books and read where the show left off?
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #3917
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I started reading today from where season 3 left off and god damn just 5 minutes ago! They should have ended the show with what happens 50 pages later.

I don't know why they didn't. However, people who are not reading will absolutely be in with one hell of a GoT S4 premiere next year.

Gonna read everything from the second half of book 3 till 5 now because I am impatient.
You'll be missing out too much imo.
I started from AGoT after finishing season 2 and my opinion is that everyone should start from the beginning. Some events in the books imply so much future events, like Dany in the House of the Undying, she has like 20 different visions there, some of them already came through, some not yet and some are still just theories. Arya encounter with Ghost of High Heart isn't even in the show...
I like the show but books are so much deeper, almost everything indicates of some possible future event.
Bottom line, everyone should start from the beginning.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #3918
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

You simply should not start reading in the middle of the books, there is too much left out. There's more "what happened in the past" stuff in the books. The further we go along in the story the more we find out about Robert's Rebellion and Rickard Stark's Southron Ambitions.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3919
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Arya w/ her first kill. Matter of time before she becomes a certified badass, reuniting w/ Jaquen H'ghar will be helpful I'm sure...

Dany becoming a true force out in Essos...

Ramsay Bolton showing just how psychotic he is, he makes Joffrey look nice and well-adjusted. You throw in his father Roose, who seems to be one deadly man, and you've got yourself one hell of a father/son combo...

Episode wasn't as captivating as the RW obviously but it did a good job of giving a sort of rundown on where everyone was at in their individual plotlines and setting the stage for next season...

Sucks that its over for now though...next year? Shiiit...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #3920
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #3921
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Seriously.

Every season finale so far has setup the next season's plot lines. There were a lot of huge events that happened last night:

Jon and Sam are back at Castle Black
Bran made it past the Wall and is headed north to find the Three-Eyed Crow
Arya shanked the fvck out of some dude
Jamie and Brienne made it back to King's Landing, he's finally back to his sister after months/years
Yara Greyjoy is going to attack the Dreadfort and save Theon from the Bolton Bastard after seeing a Dick in A Box
Tywin and Joffrey really went at it for the first time over who has more power
Gendry escaped (this never happens in the book so his story line should be interesting)
Dany is slowly conquering that entire continent and amassing a HUGE army

And the biggest of all: Stannis, his army, Davos, and Melisandre are going to march to the Wall and assist the Night's Watch

You can't expect an event like the Red Wedding to happen every episode. Some spoiled whiners in here.
I pretty much concur. If you have a crazy event every episode that just blows people's minds, eventually they will become expected and old hat. The whole reason the Red Wedding was such a ridiculously emotional payoff was because it took years to build-up to. You don't get that kind of emotional investment in a single scene by killing people off and having crazy wars every week.

I watched the episode for a second time and thought there was a lot of interesting stuff ready to be explored in Season 4. I'm just p!ssed it's over, basically.

The show costs a ton of money to produce relative to other highly acclaimed television series like The Wire, Mad Men, Sopranos, etc. Still, I want more... There is so much story to tell, it could literally be all-year round... At least 13-15 episodes.

F#ck.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #3922
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #3923
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Are you guys serious? I was fine with the last episode, sure it didn't have as much action as the red wedding but really how can you expect them to top that??
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #3924
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue

King in the North

But seriously that looks badass

Hey has anyone consider that if bran can take over a dumb human like Hodor, he might be able to take over a dragon?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #3925
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
King in the North

Hey has anyone consider that if bran can take over a dumb human like Hodor, he might be able to take over a dragon?

I think there is a catch to his power... I don't think it will be that easy for him. There has to be some form of repercussion or consequences to being able to wield such magic. I haven't read the books but just a hunch.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #3926
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven? Dont get his storyline at all, wish his group would just get killed off.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #3927
Pointguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
King in the North

(In Tyrion's voice) He's a young boy. Hormones would dictate that he would have Danaerys twerk in a public bath.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #3928
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
(In Tyrion's voice) He's a young boy. Hormones would dictate that he would have Danaerys twerk in a public bath.

I am going to assume the limit of his power is that the more intelligent a life form is the harder it is to control them. Animals are easy, anyone with the power can do it. Hodor is too smart to control for people with average warg power, but someone as talented as bran can do it.

Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Also whats up with Yara only taking 50 dudes to rescue Theon? Are they the Ironborn version of seal team six?

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 06-11-2013 at 03:13 AM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #3929
prodigyjazz
I brick open layups

Best of Tyrion Season 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0dKRBoqw8
prodigyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #3930
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lots of nudity and violence in this show. Emilia Clarke has a nice body.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: