Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #3931
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I am going to assume the limit of his power is that the more intelligent a life form is the harder it is to control them. Animals are easy, anyone with the power can do it. Hodor is too smart to control for people with average warg power, but someone as talented as bran can do it.

Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Also whats up with Yara only taking 50 dudes to rescue Theon? Are they the Ironborn version of seal team six?
They say one iron born is worth 20 westeros men but they seem like a faction that talks a lot of shit and can't back it up.

All the same she took the fastest ship and only 50 men so she's hopefully planning somekind of special ops mission and not a siege of the warden of the north's home base with only 50 men.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #3932
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
They say one iron born is worth 20 westeros men but they seem like a faction that talks a lot of shit and can't back it up.

All the same she took the fastest ship and only 50 men so she's hopefully planning somekind of special ops mission and not a siege of the warden of the north's home base with only 50 men.

One ironborn is worth a dozen men... dozen = 12.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #3933
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Edit: was I the only one that got the impression that Tywin was trying to guilt Tyrion into impregnating Sansa by any means necessary? The who part of talking about how his great sacrifice was not killing his deformed son whose birth had resulted in the death of his beloved wife. I even think it worked and that Tyrion was going to try to bed sansa until he saw her crying.

Tywin is pretty funny.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #3934
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Tywin was going to tell Sansa about her brother and mother's death, and most likely be gentle about it, but somebody beat him to the punch. Probably that c*nt Joffrey.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #3935
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven? Dont get his storyline at all, wish his group would just get killed off.

He supposedly will be able to help Westeros defeat the White Walkers. There are a ton of things that we haven't discovered yet about Bran, his storyline really gets interesting once he passes the Wall.

The boy with Bran said: "The Night's Watch and all its men cannot stop them. All the Kings of Westeros and their armies can't stop them"

Bran is really important to the overall story.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #3936
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
What is the point of the kid who can't walk? Why does he want to find that raven?

Because.. Winter Is Coming.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3937
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

one thing from the book i would have liked to see is high lighted in white. not really a spoiler but i didn't want to upset anybody here.

they left out coldhands
mika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #3938
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Im assuming that the story portion that he comes out in is yet to arrive, but will.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #3939
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
^ Im assuming that the story portion that he comes out in is yet to arrive, but will.

I agree. I expect to see that character early on in S4. As well as a ton of other major events early on in S4. Gonna be a long wait.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #3940
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I am going to assume the limit of his power is that the more intelligent a life form is the harder it is to control them. Animals are easy, anyone with the power can do it. Hodor is too smart to control for people with average warg power, but someone as talented as bran can do it.
I think you are right. The other boy did say nobody can do - when referring to Hodor's possession. On the same token, I'm thinking Bran could control wild fire as well. And that has obvious other implications for war. I don't see controlling individual people and animals as being that important. Unless he is near a King? Maybe.

Quote:
Well if Tywin had Bran's powers he would definitely have him humping Sansa. Tywin is a bit obsessed with three things: The Lannister name, telling Tyrion he killed his mother, and having Tyrion continue the family name. The weirdo Tywin, actually likes several attributes of Tyrion - and believes his name can survive thru Tyrion's propensity to discipline, take on responsibility, ability to strategize, think on his feet, and interpersonal skills. I think you are right about the guilt thing as a ploy to get Tyrion on project Tywin, but there is some real genuine hate in the constant retelling of it and putting Tyrion's life in danger.
Quote:
Also whats up with Yara only taking 50 dudes to rescue Theon? Are they the Ironborn version of seal team six?
Ironman was born in Ironborn. Captain Westeros inspired Marvel Comic books later on as well. Submariner was obviously born on some small island. Antman was seen hanging with the Wildings, Thor obviously comes from this era.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #3941
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
You'll be missing out too much imo.
I started from AGoT after finishing season 2 and my opinion is that everyone should start from the beginning. Some events in the books imply so much future events, like Dany in the House of the Undying, she has like 20 different visions there, some of them already came through, some not yet and some are still just theories. Arya encounter with Ghost of High Heart isn't even in the show...
I like the show but books are so much deeper, almost everything indicates of some possible future event.
Bottom line, everyone should start from the beginning.

I know I am missing out but I have caught up on summaries with everything that happens in the first 2 books and doesnt show in GoT.

Still, started reading to where season 3 left off and I cant take my eyes of the third book. It is great and I am glad I started reading it. Considering how much I love this I will be through with the fifth book in less than 2 months.

I just could not wait for another year for season 4. And the more I read, the more I realize half of the fourth season must be from the third book. It is impossible for the to squeeze all the events of the second part of the third book into a few episodes.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3942
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
one thing from the book i would have liked to see is high lighted in white. not really a spoiler but i didn't want to upset anybody here.

Hodor nude scene

that happens later in the book after Bran crosses the wall doesn't it?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #3943
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Hodor
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #3944
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Hodor

i was just thinking about when sam and gilly got back to the wall. in the show we see all of the ravens and coldhands has a flock of ravens.

its too bad we only had a few scenes with mance rayder. i would have liked it if he had some scenes with jon snow and told him a few stories.
mika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #3945
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
Hodor

A threesome of Loras, Varys and the Kingslayer would be nice

its too bad we only had a few scenes with mance rayder. i would have liked it if he had some scenes with jon snow and told him a few stories.

Hopefully they play up his character as much as the 4th and 5th books do.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: