Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #3946
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
one thing from the book i would have liked to see is high lighted in white. not really a spoiler but i didn't want to upset anybody here.

We already had a Hodor nude scene.

It felt like they just teased it to move Sam's story along. I can't imagine it'd be ommitted. There's too much speculation surrounding it. It would be much worse than what they did killing Talisa, because that moment pretty much ended any speculation one could have about Jeyne Westerling and her unborn heir meaning much big picture wise moving forward in the books.

If they omit him, then I suppose he couldn't turn out to be much in the books. He would be a much bigger ommision than say Strong Belwas, or the Hearth Witch lady, to me anyway.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #3947
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Co-showrunner David Benioff discusses in general terms how he and partner D.B. Weiss will approach the fourth book, A Feast of Crows, which features a largely new cast of characters and is generally considered the weakest entry:

Quote:
"I don't think we want to answer specifically what we're keeping and dropping, but we do take your point. The series has already reached a point where there are so many characters, particularly in season three we're introducing so many new ones, we run the risk of bursting at the seams as we try to cram every single subplot and all the various characters and it becomes impossible on a budgetary level and it becomes impossible on an episode-basis to jump around every few minutes to 30 different characters and locations. We don't want to do that, and recognize that as a real risk and we will take steps not to fall into that trap."
And author George R.R. Martin says he's still optimistic the TV series won't reach the end of the story before he does:
Quote:
"I think the odds against that happening are very long. I still have a lead of several gigantic books. If they include everything in the books, I don't think they're going to catch up with me. If they do, we'll have some interesting discussions."
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #3948
AirMike
Serious playground baller

AirMike has an OK reputation so far

They will definitely make 2 seasons for each the fourth and fifth book, so that gives Martin like 3+ years to finish all the books. I don't think the show would catch before...
AirMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #3949
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

George R.R. Martin Reveals Season 4 Spoilers!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #3950
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #3951
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Crows before Hoes
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #3952
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #3953
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99

I really like this actor. I can't help but laugh at his methods.. it's ridiculous and disturbing at the same time lol
ItsMillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #3954
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I really like this actor. I can't help but laugh at his methods.. it's ridiculous and disturbing at the same time lol
He also looks legitimately slow. Or at least his face radiates that role of being mentally ill
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #3955
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

Question for book readers.

I am almost done with the third book which is terrific.

I now realize that season 4 will mostly be about the third book because so much shit is happening.

I keep hearing everywhere that a Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons are boring.

I just want to hear some opinions from those who have read them.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #3956
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89

I now realize that season 4 will mostly be about the third book because so much shit is happening.

I keep hearing everywhere that a Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons are boring.

I wouldn't say they are boring, it's still fantastic to read anything about this saga IMO. However, Feast for Crows does a complete 180 from the first 3 books. Three of the most important characters don't receive any chapters (Jon, Tyrion, and Dany). It mainly focuses on the Lannisters, and the storylines developing in Dorne and the Iron Islands.

Dance with Dragons is a great book and it gets back to the other major characters.

I'd rate them like this: SoS > GoT > DwD > CoK > FfC
ItsMillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #3957
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I personally didn't like AFFC as much as the other books. That being said, it did have its good parts and it sets up a lot of stuff. I loved ADWD.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #3958
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Season finale was weak. I enjoyed the Borgias season finale so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99

That is one sick guy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #3959
Asiantastic
30 Rock

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I haven't gotten around to reading a Dance with Dragons yet, but I can say that a Feast for Crows is quite boring. I'm struggling right now getting through the chapters. It's probably because they're introducing a handful of new characters.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #3960
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

for me it's

SoS > CoK > GoT > DwD > FoC
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: