Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #4006
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Yes, the show has done a good job at how evil he is but IMO he's more evil in the book. In the books he owns a pack of dogs.. "Ramsay's bitches." He would torture people and let them "escape" kinda like how he let Theon escape in the show. He would then take his pack of dogs and hunt them down. If he caught them, he would flay them, chop 'em up, and feed them to his dogs.

From the ASoiaF wiki: Ramsay openly enjoys abusive and sick practices such as having young women stripped naked and released into the Bolton forests, before hunting them with a pack of feral dogs. He gives a quick death to women who give him good sport (after raping them first), then flays their corpses. He likes to name his dogs after the women he enjoys most to "honor" them. The women who don't give him good sport are raped and then flayed alive. All the skins of his kills are brought back with him to the Dreadfort as gruesome trophies. The bodies of the woman are fed to his dogs.

He is miles more psychotic than Joffrey.

I think Ramsay is just Joffrey with more years of experience and an environment conducive to his sick behaviour. When Joffrey was a kid he cut open a cat to see the kittens. That's some serious psychopathic shit right there. Joffrey is slipping into mad king territory
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #4007
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

I haven't read the books (yet). So what I said about Ramsay was solely based on what I'd seen on the show. You guys obviously know a lot more about it.. Crazy stuff in the citations.

Would you guys recommend the books to someone who has already seen the show?

On a side note, the writer must be a bit sick in a way too, coming up with characters like Ramsay and Joffrey.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #4008
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
I haven't read the books (yet). So what I said about Ramsay was solely based on what I'd seen on the show. You guys obviously know a lot more about it.. Crazy stuff in the citations.

On a side note, the writer must be a bit sick in a way too, coming up with characters like Ramsay and Joffrey.

Sure. It's obviously a lot more dense than the show, but most of the people talking about the books on this forum got into the books because of the show. Knowing the show makes the books more accessible probably.

The writer is a bit of an amateur historian. It's not hard to find inspiration for characters like Joffrey, people have been up to some fucked up shit since the dawn of time.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #4009
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Emmy nomination ballots. Not the nominations...just the people from each show up for nomination...

Quote:

"Game of Thrones" has Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) and Kit Harington (Jon Snow) in contention for supporting actor and Emilia Clarke (Daenerys), Natalie Dormer (Margaery), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn), Lena Headey (Cersei) and Sibel Kekilli (Shae) on the ballot for supporting actress. Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) is in guest actor and Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) is in guest actress.

Given the massive cast, that leaves out a slew of key players including Charles Dance (Tywin), Jack Gleeson (Joffrey), Maisie Williams (Arya) and Sophie Turner (Sansa). And beloved characters Robb Stark, Theon, Brienne, Stannis, Melisandre, Davos, Ygritte...

Mance made it for....2 scenes? 3?

But Tywin doesnt...and hes owned every second of airtime for 3 years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #4010
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tywin is a horrible omission.. dude has been spot on since his very first scene. That guy IS Tywin.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #4011
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kit Harrington and the Shae actor are really garbage cans in terms of talent, why are they nominated?

Charles Dance is the best actor on the show too, why not nominate that guy?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #4012
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I feel like The Hound deserves to be in that supporting actor category as well.

Jon Snow not so much.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #4013
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think for the Emmys, you have to send your ballot so that you're in the running for nominations. Charles Dance probably just doesn't give a fvck lol
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #4014
Asiantastic
MITCH!?

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Books are definitely a good read. TBH though, it's hard to get into the books once you've watched the show. At least that was the case with the first book for me.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #4015
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I think he has father issues too.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #4016
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Absolutely. I have read all 5 books after watching 2 seasons and it was very interesting, even first 2 books.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #4017
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

read the books. i've read them several times and catch new things everytime. gonna start reading them again when the next book comes out.

also, there was alot of sick shit going on during medieval times http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieva... ts_of_torture
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #4018
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
read the books. i've read them several times and catch new things everytime. gonna start reading them again when the next book comes out.

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #4019
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

Alright you've convinced me, I'll pick up the books at the library tomorrow.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #4020
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
I think I'll pass
Well since your name has King in it... You are actually obliged! I took some London coworkers to 42nd Street Manhattan and we went into the odd ball, like Guinness museum of oddities, right there next to the wax museum. Low and behold they have a hughe medieval section to it. I was like wow, now I look like some crazy nut for taking them there. But we have this real big museum called the Cloisters, a true top notch museum, which is really detailed and dedicated to that time. Thank God for Cambridge and Oxford or we would still be dealing with the Joffreys of the world. There could be no greater gift to the world.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: