Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #4021
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I think the thing you have to remember is that Ramsay is probably 10 years older or so than Joffrey AND he is in an environment that encourages his behaviour. Joffrey is younger and his behaviour is only begrudgingly tolerated at best. I think they are from the same mold, but right now Ramsay is obviously worse.

I hate to say this but all of the haters here are baby formation of both guys. Its just that its suppressed and it doesn't have proper venting mechanations. First you have to be a hater. Then you have your mind introduced to ways to cause pain. Then there is no stopping it. When you have only one guy in every 30,000 living good it breeds the negative side of the brain into madness.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #4022
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Yes, the show has done a good job at how evil he is but IMO he's more evil in the book. In the books he owns a pack of dogs.. "Ramsay's bitches." He would torture people and let them "escape" kinda like how he let Theon escape in the show. He would then take his pack of dogs and hunt them down. If he caught them, he would flay them, chop 'em up, and feed them to his dogs.

From the ASoiaF wiki: Ramsay openly enjoys abusive and sick practices such as having young women stripped naked and released into the Bolton forests, before hunting them with a pack of feral dogs. He gives a quick death to women who give him good sport (after raping them first), then flays their corpses. He likes to name his dogs after the women he enjoys most to "honor" them. The women who don't give him good sport are raped and then flayed alive. All the skins of his kills are brought back with him to the Dreadfort as gruesome trophies. The bodies of the woman are fed to his dogs.

He is miles more psychotic than Joffrey.

I think this says more about George RR Martin than anything Seriously dude, WTF!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #4023
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I feel like The Hound deserves to be in that supporting actor category as well.

Jon Snow not so much.

The Hound's timing is off the hook much like Tywin and Tyrion's. For a big guy he's killing those scenes with Arya. Its a hard thing to do when the girl is constantly being victimized by the world and you can't coddle her, but is still her protector. His back and forth with her is every bit as good as Tywin/Arya scenes, and he is always eating while delivering well timed lines.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #4024
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

What Ramsay did to Theon in the show was worse than in the books really. That was maybe ultimate torture. Man plays on innate human fears and desires.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #4025
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Reading the books now. Boring as fvck.

This guy spends too much time describing the setting and the details when in reality the words he is using is hard as hell for me to imagine what he is trying to say. Thank god for the show.

Edit: Ever since I found out what GRRM looks like, anyone find it hard to take what he writes seriously? I encourage writers to stay anonymous and use a penname or something... unless you're a hot bitch.

The Audiobook is even worse, everyone was raving about it but the author reads a little too slow for my taste. Audiobooks are only good for books like 48 Laws of Power.

Last edited by The_Yearning : 06-14-2013 at 02:31 AM.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #4026
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

You know nothing, The_Yearning...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #4027
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gay Of Thrones Red Wedding Recap
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #4028
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

At first I was like

Then after watching it I was like
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #4029
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I started this series over again (the show not the books). Yeah the Stark's are bunch of Fukc ups! So many dumb moves and non moves. Now I cant believe I actually felt something for the Starks.

My whole perspective changed now.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #4030
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Look at the Episode 10 recap all the way through.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #4031
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning

This guy spends too much time describing the setting and the details when in reality the words he is using is hard as hell for me to imagine what he is trying to say. Thank god for the show.
Edit: Ever since I found out what GRRM looks like, anyone find it hard to take what he writes seriously? I encourage writers to stay anonymous and use a penname or something... unless you're a hot bitch.

The Audiobook is even worse, everyone was raving about it but the author reads a little too slow for my taste. Audiobooks are only good for books like 48 Laws of Power.

Maybe pick up a book for children or young adults next time?
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #4032
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #4033
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I started this series over again (the show not the books). Yeah the Stark's are bunch of Fukc ups! So many dumb moves and non moves. Now I cant believe I actually felt something for the Starks.

My whole perspective changed now.

Did you notice that in the very first episode, Tyrion's very first scene he had short blonde hair and every scene after that he had long curly brownish hair? Might of been a director hiccup there.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #4034
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Did you notice that in the very first episode, Tyrion's very first scene he had short blonde hair and every scene after that he had long curly brownish hair? Might of been a director hiccup there.
I noticed that its not only Tyrion but Jaimie as well. The dont have royal bathes with rose petals etc etc...

Yeah I just am so angry at myself for caring about these IDIOTS! Every move they made was dumb and every move they didnt make was even DUMBER! Good Riddance to bad rubbish!

So many things you miss the first time through. Luckily my wife is getting into this series and gives me a new perspective.

Last edited by Rameek : 06-14-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #4035
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

I just read the "Mysha" part in the book and I have to say the show put a little too much emphasis on that part and definitely didn't deserve to name the whole episode Mysha.

Also the casting of Barristan Selmy... what was the show thinking casting that guy? He doesn't resemble a Barristan Selmy at all...

Last edited by The_Yearning : 06-14-2013 at 01:46 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: