Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #4081
AirMike
Serious playground baller

AirMike has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
What the hell? I mean comely looking guy but Oberyn had that arabian skin and sharp eyebrows...
AirMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #4082
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

I finished book 4 yesterday. It was not bad at all. Started with a Dance with Dragons now and so far it looks great.

A feast for Crows focuses on half of the characters while leaving some important characters out.

I think a Feast for Crows received negative reviews from people who were mad that they had to wait 11 years for a Dance with Dragons to see what happens with the other important characters.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #4083
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Gut reaction to Oberyn casting is disappointment. He's one of my favorite characters. But outside of Mance, DD has killed it with their casting otherwise so I'm gonna hold back and give them the benefit of the doubt.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #4084
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

HBO got the throne wrong.

George R.R. Martin: This is what the Iron Throne REALLY looks like
SEXPAND
You think the Iron Throne looks like this? YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Game of Thrones creator, George R.R. Martin is blogging again, and this one is a doozy. Turns out the impressive Iron Throne HBO created for the television series is but a step ladder to the behemoth Martin originally envisioned. Martin penned a kind, but honest note (on his personal Livejournal) explaining exactly where HBO got it wrong:

The HBO throne has become iconic. And well it might. It's a terrific design, and it has served the show very well. There are replicas and paperweights of it in three different sizes. Everyone knows it. I love it. I have all those replicas right here, sitting on my shelves.

And yet, and yet... it's still not right. It's not the Iron Throne I see when I'm working on THE WINDS OF WINTER. It's not the Iron Throne I want my readers to see. The way the throne is described in the books... HUGE, hulking, black and twisted, with the steep iron stairs in front, the high seat from which the king looks DOWN on everyone in the court... my throne is a hunched beast looming over the throne room, ugly and assymetric...

The HBO throne is none of those things. It's big, yes, but not nearly as big as the one described in the novels. And for good reason. We have a huge throne room set in Belfast, but not nearly huge enough to hold the Iron Throne as I painted it. For that we'd need something much bigger, more like the interior of St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey, and no set has that much room. The Book Version of the Iron Throne would not even fit through the doors of the Paint Hall.
Ok, ok so what does it look like? Well according to the author it looks exactly like THIS painting by Marc Simonetti.

This is the giant, lumbering throne Martin always imagined. And we agree with him 100% it's much more grand in scale but not practical in the slightest for television shooting. Ah well, it's still a lovely version of a now classic image.

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #4085
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I like HBO's iron throne better, GRRM's looks kind of ridiculous and cartoonish. Although HBO's version doesn't fit with the 100's of swords description in the books.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #4086
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

i like both of them
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #4087
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always thought the throne room should be bigger. Jaime said 500 men watched the Mad King kill neds father. 500 men wouldnt fit into the room they use. But I get why they scaled it down.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #4088
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

My biggest gripe with the show Iron Throne is that it's too comfy, it does not stab the king regularly, at least Joffrey has never complained about the issue.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #4089
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
My biggest gripe with the show Iron Throne is that it's too comfy, it does not stab the king regularly, at least Joffrey has never complained about the issue.

I thought about that too. Daily someone should get poked (by the blades). Would be awesome if Joffrey yelled for some wine and some dude came running up with the flagon and tripped on the last step and gets sliced. Joffrey can laugh his evil laugh while everyone else is mortified
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #4090
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Actress Lena Headey aka Queen Cersei interview on Conan O Brien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeuBm2CJF24
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #4091
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This is the sort of casting us geeky TV bloggers dream about: A Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Sherlock combo!

Mark Gatiss will appear in the fourth season of HBO’s Thrones. The British writer-producer-actor has written Doctor Who novels and episodes of the BBC cult classic, as well as acted on the long-running series (since 2007, he’s credited to three different roles on IMDB). In addition, Gatiss is the co-creator and co-star of another Brit-based favorite, Sherlock, where he plays Holmes’ dryly mysterious brother Mycroft. Now he’s booked on HBO’s fantasy hit next year.
On Thrones he will play …
Well, that’s something we cannot reveal. The Thrones team is keeping Gatiss’ role quiet. Maybe showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss will say more at their Comic-Con panel on Friday? Also, Sherlock is making its first-ever SDCC panel appearance on Thursday (I’m moderating) so maybe Gatiss will spill something then. EW.com will bring you full coverage of both events, plus we will stream our own interviews with the Thrones and Sherlock producers on the EW.com homepage.

Link
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #4092
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
victarion or euron?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #4093
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
victarion or euron?
I was wondering.. yea, I could see him possibly be Euron.. not so much a Victorian though imo.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #4094
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Euron or Victarion will barely appear in season 4. Season 4 is all going to be about the second part of the third book.

They will probably throw some Iron Islands in there so they wont have to be introduced in season 5 ( which will probably be book 4 and 5 together).

I think he is going to play Mace Tyrell.

Last edited by Andrei89 : 07-18-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #4095
rezznor
Nosetradamus

in Memorium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m4ZPULXJKw

"rip Theon's p3nis"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: