Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #4096
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Lost respect for Tywin. He was a nobody in the middle of his family shame and fall from grace.

What? That even exacerbated his badassness. Everyone an an uproar and shock and he's just standing there observing and calculating the very next move.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #4097
Trollsmasher
The Fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
What? That even exacerbated his badassness. Everyone an an uproar and shock and he's just standing there observing and calculating the very next move.
He was probably happy that that idiot dropped dead and now there is a chance to raise a competent king
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #4098
Raymone
The Chosen King

When's the last time Little Finger had screen time?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #4099
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
When's the last time Little Finger had screen time?

When Tywin sent his ass to the Eyrie way back in the early part of season 3.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #4100
KyleKong
Big Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
He was probably happy that that idiot dropped dead and now there is a chance to raise a competent king

This.

Tywin was probably thinking, "Ah, fuck it."
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #4101
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Great episode.

What was this shit Bran saw? Seemed like somebody was telling him what to do. And Prince Oberman(?) is becoming my favorite character. Hopefully we see him fight.

And damn poor Tyrion. Had to send the woman he loves away, was humiliated by the King and now is being blamed for his death? Guy can't catch a break. I just want to know who poisoned Joffrey.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #4102
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Having read all five books Stannis is frankly just one of the least charismatic characters in the series. I felt that way about Davos too, but I actually like Davos as a character and the things that were goign on in his chapters in book 5 were actually really interesting. My least favorite character has always been Dany because 1.her character has gone absolutely nowhere. The idea fro the beginning i that she's supposed to be coming to Westeros to take back what she feels is her Kingdom...but five books in she's no closer to Westeros and she's a TERRIBLY INCOMPETENT Ruler lol. Frankly I'm saying this as a man, but I think GRRM might be chauvinistic because Dany, Cersei, and Catelyn are basically the most incompetent players in the series lol. Cersei makes Robert look like a great King in book 4, Dany is just a **** up with everything she does, and Catelyn basically started the war of the five kings when she took Tyrion hostage with no real proof. They are all very ****ing stupid.

Stannis doesn't get "cool" until he meets up with you know who.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #4103
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning

The family looked like complete clowns, totally unfit to rule, absolutely dysfunctional, and given to madness and Tywin not a man to settle their differences. It was a circus and he wasn't even the ring leader. Hard to take that another way.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #4104
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

**** Joffery! Die bitch, die! Suffer! Die! Dickhead to the end! Die!

Great villain tho. But still hate his guts.

Great episode tonight.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 AM   #4105
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Tywin is more of a behind the scenes kinda guy imo. And I don't think there is much he would have done anyway. Joffrey would just go crazy on him like he did Tyrion. It would have looked even more ridiculous if joffrey and tywin got into an argument right there.
Tywin is a badass, but he's essentially responsible for the Lannister's whole dysfunction as a family which pointguard correctly pointed out was on display for all of the elites of the kingdom.

First of all, Tywin irrationally despises Tyrion himself, so really Joffrey was just taking his cues from the big man. In reality, Tyrion should be the guy Tywin respects most out of all his children because he's the smartest and the most like his father (despite having a conscience), but he stupidly minimizes his role in the kingdom because he's short and his birth was what killed his wife.

But, beyond that, Tywin's impossible standards and weird favoritism toward Cersei and Jamie have warped those two, especially Cersei... who is the one who turned Joffrey into the monster he became.

Tywin is a complete badass when it comes to war and strategy and getting the upper hand in a fight, but a massive ****up as the patriarch of a family.

The way the Tyrell's were aghast at that whole pathetic scene tells the story. Dysfunction doesn't begin to describe it... you have incest, hatred between siblings, an insane boy king, etc. And, Tywin is the man responsible for all of it.

I was completely shocked by the turn of events and as much as I despised Joffrey, his character will be missed on the show. Any scene he was in was always filled with tension and intrigue, regardless of how vile he was.

Where do things go from here? I fear for Tyrion, even though he pretty obviously had nothing to do with it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #4106
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Tywin is a badass, but he's essentially responsible for the Lannister's whole dysfunction as a family which pointguard correctly pointed out was on display for all of the elites of the kingdom.

First of all, Tywin irrationally despises Tyrion himself, so really Joffrey was just taking his cues from the big man. In reality, Tyrion should be the guy Tywin respects most out of all his children because he's the smartest and the most like his father (despite having a conscience), but he stupidly minimizes his role in the kingdom because he's short and his birth was what killed his wife.

But, beyond that, Tywin's impossible standards and weird favoritism toward Cersei and Jamie have warped those two, especially Cersei... who is the one who turned Joffrey into the monster he became.

Tywin is a complete badass when it comes to war and strategy and getting the upper hand in a fight, but a massive ****up as the patriarch of a family.

The way the Tyrell's were aghast at that whole pathetic scene tells the story. Dysfunction doesn't begin to describe it... you have incest, hatred between siblings, an insane boy king, etc. And, Tywin is the man responsible for all of it.

I was completely shocked by the turn of events and as much as I despised Joffrey, his character will be missed on the show. Any scene he was in was always filled with tension and intrigue, regardless of how vile he was.

Where do things go from here? I fear for Tyrion, even though he pretty obviously had nothing to do with it.
Agreed. Tywin is the best at running a kingdom and an army but the worst at running a family
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:39 AM   #4107
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

That was probably my favorite thing about this episode. Just their realization of how deep the well of crazy is in that family.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:43 AM   #4108
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Everyone in Westeros knew the Lannisters are crazy. It was no surprise there.

The only thing they were surprised by was how big of a massive dick Joffrey is and how he will treat their daughter.

The Tyrells have family problems of their own so lets not throw stones at glass houses.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #4109
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Joffery was such a bad ass

theres been too much amusement!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #4110
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

not gonna lie. I'm really gonna miss Joff on the show. He really brought the character to life
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: