Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #4111
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

You guys acting like Mace is some kind of power player. Dude is perfect for Mace.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #4112
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

I don't know where that picture's from, but that guy can definitely be playing old in that pic based on the clothes and hair. But I'm sure with a little makeup, a change in the hair, and he can look a fair bit younger.

Honestly I always felt like Mace woulda looked a lot like the guy who played the spice merchant that busts Dany's chops in season two.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #4113
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Roger Ashton-Griffiths will play Mace Tyrell in season 4.
looks perfect to me. remember, mace isn't in good health. isnt he slowly dieing?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #4114
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>

fuarkkkkkkkkk season 4 is too far away
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #4115
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
fuarkkkkkkkkk season 4 is too far away
Atta boy
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #4116
Vragrant
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Maybe they'll go older on Doran Martell as well.

Yeah I have no doubt about that, I don't remember the books listing his age, but Doran Martell is in poor physical health in the books and even has trouble walking.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #4117
eppelp
I brick open layups

Since we'll be introduced to Dorne next season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQNrTv0u0Qo

The last line is the ultimate troll-job.
eppelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #4118
Thorpesaurous

So I started watching Luther this weekend, which is plenty solid by the way, and found myself on IMDB, mostly to look into Luther's ongoing chick that killed her parents, who obviously digs him, mostly because she has an odd look about her. Turns out she was in The Lone Ranger, which I didn't see.

irregardless ... I stumbled into Luther's wife's page. Indira Varma. She's pretty attractive, and she's listed as playing Elara Sand in next years Game of Thrones.

IMDB page:
http:// http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0890055/

She was also in Rome, which I know some people really liked. I never saw it. I think she's got a pretty good look for the character.

Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #4119
clipse026
Local High School Star

I started watching Strikeback the other day and I'm on season 2 (1st season on Cinemax) and I noticed that both the actor who plays Davos and Jorah Mormont were on consecutive episodes. I wonder if they just needed something to do in between seasons of GoT. Just thought it was interesting to see them back to back.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #4120
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

They were also together in movie Harry Brown with Michael Caine. It's from 2009, but I watched it recently.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #4121
MavsSuperFan

Could a book reader confirm or deny this for me:

At beginning of the series
Strongest
House lannister (owns the gold mines and has the most money, able to finance and equip the second largest army and a good navy) Also they are the wardens of the west

House Tyrell (the Reach is the agricultural heart of Westeros, they feed the 7 kingdoms and have been able to accumulate money to become the second richest house. Because of the agricultural productivity they have the largest army, (they were able to spare 100,000 soldiers to give to renly) (they have a really good navy too right?) There only weakness is that the people of the reach tend to be somewhat soft, loras is considered a tough guy for this region. Also the head of this house is the warden of the south

House Arryn (Supposedly the east has the best knights and are great knightly tradition) The head of this house is the warden of the east

House Stark (seems pretty effective in combat, Ned's battles against Aerys and Balon, and robb's against the lannisters) the head of this house is the wardens of the north

House Baratheon (I am assuming they fall here because they were able to make Robert King)

House martell (Dorne resisted conquest from the targaryens longer than any other region right)

House greyjoy (they just seem like raiders, good fighters, but poorly organized and Numerically inferior) (great navy though)

House Tully (the riverlands arent even one of the 7 kingdoms right? they are some what under stark leadership?)
Weakest
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #4122
Anti Hero
TeamBattlesNotSoBad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Strongest
House lannister (owns the gold mines and has the most money, able to finance and equip the second largest army and a good navy) Also they are the wardens of the west

House Tyrell (the Reach is the agricultural heart of Westeros, they feed the 7 kingdoms and have been able to accumulate money to become the second richest house. Because of the agricultural productivity they have the largest army, (they were able to spare 100,000 soldiers to give to renly) (they have a really good navy too right?) There only weakness is that the people of the reach tend to be somewhat soft, loras is considered a tough guy for this region. Also the head of this house is the warden of the south

House Arryn (Supposedly the east has the best knights and are great knightly tradition) The head of this house is the warden of the east

House Stark (seems pretty effective in combat, Ned's battles against Aerys and Balon, and robb's against the lannisters) the head of this house is the wardens of the north

House Baratheon (I am assuming they fall here because they were able to make Robert King)

House martell (Dorne resisted conquest from the targaryens longer than any other region right)

House greyjoy (they just seem like raiders, good fighters, but poorly organized and Numerically inferior) (great navy though)

House Tully (the riverlands arent even one of the 7 kingdoms right? they are some what under stark leadership?)
Weakest

Pretty accurate but I wouldn't call the Reach soft, Samwell's pops is one of the best Generals/military minds.. I'd say the Reach likes to fancy it up a bit... into show and pageantry whereas the North is more dull in that sense.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #4123
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Strongest

Weakest

What would you like confirmed? The order or the general observations made about each house?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #4124
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
What would you like confirmed? The order or the general observations made about each house?
Both, and correct what is mistaken, also add some. I have never read the books but got hooked on the show
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #4125
Anti Hero
TeamBattlesNotSoBad

Quote:
Both, and correct what is mistaken, also add some. I have never read the books but got hooked on the show
Read them
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: