Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #4141
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
Yeah, i shouldn't have, but i guess the first time around i wasn't as invested in the minor characters as i am now.

And when did i start liking Stannis? After he put Davos in jail.

What did you think of the Red Trio while reading the books?

P.s: red trio=Stannis, Melisandre, Davos.

At first I was rooting against him, but then he ends up somewhere (this is the show not the book thread so I won't say where) and that's when I became Pro Stannis.

The Dorne plot line pays off pretty handily at the end. Not sure if you really didn't read anything from them or not.. but if you read nothing, go back to AFfC and just read theirs straight through.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #4142
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Suguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
My experience was sort of similar. I didn't start reading until after seeing season one, but after that, I chewed through the entire series. I was able to get going incredibly well in part because I already had an image in my head for so many of the characters, and once I was in I couldn't stop. Although I didn't skip any characters like you said. And actually read pretty voraciously, including supplemental content I could find online, and just about anything I could get my hands on for a while. And I love all the extra detail and history the book adds that the show just can't expand on.
However, I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying about "preferring" the show. While I certainly don't prefer the show, I have to admit there are elements of the show that I really love the interpretation on. Particularly the Lannisters. All three actors who play the Lannister children are spectacular. And I find Cersei more likeable on the show than the books, more sympathetic. And Tywin for example is really blown out as a character in the show just by the performance of Charles Dance. There are things about the show that are just great touches that in a way even surpass the books. And they're great supplements to each other.

Seeing the show first probably makes it way easier to keep up with what's happenning.

I'm going to read ASOS again, and i expect to find it better than when i read the first time because i have all the imagery from the show now.

The Lannisters just rule the show. I liked Cersei in the books, but in the show she is even more of a scene stealer. Just captivating.

And yes, even though the show took a lot of the supernatural elements out(dreams, visions, most prophecies), it's still an awesome experience.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #4143
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Suguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSuguru101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
At first I was rooting against him, but then he ends up somewhere (this is the show not the book thread so I won't say where) and that's when I became Pro Stannis.

The Dorne plot line pays off pretty handily at the end. Not sure if you really didn't read anything from them or not.. but if you read nothing, go back to AFfC and just read theirs straight through.

I read some parts, i remember the incident with Myrcella, but i was honestl just reading the POV's of the characters i found familiar. I'm going to read ASOS and then i'll read AFFC and see it this time i find it more enjoyable.

By the way, i can't friggin' wait for Cersei's scene with the Dornish woman!
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #4144
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Just recently got into GoT and can't get enough of it. Borrowed the 1st season of DVDs from a friend and saw it all in 2 days. Now I want to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons but I don't have HBO or HBOGo and do not want to watch a shitty quality illegal stream. Can anybody help?
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #4145
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
The actor who plays Davos was actually casted to play Jorah Mormont in Game of Thrones, but due to a filming issue with another project he had to pull out of Game of Thrones, the producers loved him so much they gave him the role of Davos for the second season.
Back to this and Strikeback, I'm on season 3 now and Charles Dance is on . They must have just wanted something quick to film between seasons.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #4146
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
Just recently got into GoT and can't get enough of it. Borrowed the 1st season of DVDs from a friend and saw it all in 2 days. Now I want to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons but I don't have HBO or HBOGo and do not want to watch a shitty quality illegal stream. Can anybody help?
torrents
Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #4147
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny

Downloading torrents is illegal, watching streams is not.

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1386995-Game-of-Thrones
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #4148
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Downloading torrents is illegal, watching streams is not.

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1386995-Game-of-Thrones
Old 08-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #4149
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Daario has been recast

Quote:
For those of you who didn't like Ed Skrein as the sellsword Daario Naharis, then there's a bit of good news the role of Daario has been recast for season four, with Dutch actor Michiel Huisman (Treme) taking the role. [Winter is Coming]
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #4150
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gregor Clegane, aka the Mountain, has been recast, for a second time. This horse-killing character was played by Conan Stevens in season one and Ian Whyte in season two, and then he wasn't in season three. For season four, he's getting more to do — and he'll be played this time by Thor Bjornsson, who was named the strongest man in Iceland two years in a row. This will be Bjornsson's first acting role, other than playing himself in the televised World's Strongest Man competition. [Wetpaint]

In other casting news, season four is adding Elizabeth Webster as Walda Frey, granddaughter of Lord Walder and the lucky bride of Lord Roose Bolton. And Lu Corfield (The Doctors) is playing the madame of Mole's Town, home of the brothel near the Wall where the Night's Watch sneak off for illicit fun.

Finally, there's a rumor that Locke (Noah Taylor) will be back this season — and that he'll be taking the black as a member of the Night's Watch, possibly in punishment for his rashness in slicing off Jaime Lannister's hand. That could get interesting. [Winter is Coming]

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #4151
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They have nailed every role so I wont question it. Im sure they made sure he could pull it off. But the first guy was just perfect. Not that he actually had to....act. Off the top of my head I think "Sword!" is all he ever said. But he looked the part. He would have been crazy in the fight to come.....
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #4152
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
They have nailed every role so I wont question it. Im sure they made sure he could pull it off. But the first guy was just perfect. Not that he actually had to....act. Off the top of my head I think "Sword!" is all he ever said. But he looked the part. He would have been crazy in the fight to come.....

The guy in season 2 didn't really look that good. He was tall but too thin.

miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #4153
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
The guy in season 2 didn't really look that good. He was tall but too thin.

Agreed. This new guy looks perfect for the role. 6 foot 9 inches, 419 pounds? HOLY SHIT.

Thor > S1 Mountain > S2 Mountain
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #4154
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Agreed. This new guy looks perfect for the role. 6 foot 9 inches, 419 pounds? HOLY SHIT.

Thor > S1 Mountain > S2 Mountain
holy shit, that guy in armor, I can understand why everyone is shitting themselves in the name of the mountain now.

Arya should have told Jaquen to kill Mountain! She wasted those kills like a noob! 3 faceless man assassinations is more then the Lannisters could afford, and she wasted them on nobodies!
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #4155
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Why the fk did they re-cast Daario? A stupid decision.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: