Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #4651
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
No way they could have accounted for Joffrey picking on Tyrion like that and making him his cup bearer, so unless that scene was done differently than the book, it was by lucky chance and not intended by the conspirators to make Tyrion the scapegoat for Joffrey's murder.

Well, there was a rather good likelihood of him picking on Tyrion and/or Sansa. He did it to them at their own wedding, and he's gone on about serving Robb's head to her at his wedding.

Quote:
Watching all of their faces shouldn't Cerseii be smarter than letting her son act like that, and make everyone uncomfortable, including her father and everyone else? I get she dislikes Tyrion but i swear the way she operates makes no sense, like she is just asking to be overthrown.

1. Cersei isn't that smart
2. Cersei doesn't give a ****
3. Cersei can't control Joffrey
4. Cersei doesn't really see fault in Joffrey or rather she hides behind her delusions
5. Getting people to despise them is what the Lannisters do best
6. The Lannisters walk around with an air of superiority (aside from Tyrion)
7. Asking to be overthrown? She isn't ruling

Quote:
these females act so dumb on this show where they're just asking for everyone to make them their enemy, and be overthrown.

Who are all these females that are asking for everyone to make them their enemy aside from Cersei?

I know it's probably not going to end up being him, but I almost want for Joff's killer to be Varys. It would show that he finally grew some balls and did what was best for the realm.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #4652
KyleKong
Diahrrea Jones

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
There is some rationale there. He blames his wife's death on him, he's a dwarf ("All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes") and Tyrion has spent his entire life drinking and whoring instead of contributing to the family legacy, which seems to be the only thing that Tywin cares about.

Jaime is his oldest son and heir, so I could see why he'd favor him, and the only reason he'd show favoritism towards Cersei is because it would serve his own needs and interests. He married her off to King Robert to put his family in the best position it could be in, and he was trying to marry her off again for damage control (rumors about her and Jaime) and for another political alliance, or I guess to further the alliance. He didn't seem to have any favoritism towards Cersei outside of what would benefit his legacy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaBRKswKhQ. He treated his children like pawns.

Twyin could give two shits about his family. He only cares about his own legacy and the legacy of House Lannister.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #4653
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, there was a rather good likelihood of him picking on Tyrion and/or Sansa. He did it to them at their own wedding, and he's gone on about serving Robb's head to her at his wedding.

thing is they could not have foreseen the actions of Joffrey with the cup bearer part, which was the most damning finger pointing at Tyrion. they had to have gotten real lucky that Tyrion just so happened to be going thru this whole cup bearer thing with Joffrey and handling the goblet for Joffrey to have drunk. that was spur of the moment on Joffrey's part. they could never have known Tyrion would be handling a goblet like that is what i'm saying.

Quote:

1. Cersei isn't that smart
2. Cersei doesn't give a ****
3. Cersei can't control Joffrey
4. Cersei doesn't really see fault in Joffrey or rather she hides behind her delusions
5. Getting people to despise them is what the Lannisters do best
6. The Lannisters walk around with an air of superiority (aside from Tyrion)
7. Asking to be overthrown? She isn't ruling

Like someone said before it started with Catelyn. She is the dummy who set it all off. Cerseii has been retarded from the get go. I get she doesn't give a shit but she should with history being what it is and the enemies you make always coming back around. Like the whole 'game' should be recognized by anyone and everyone in the noble families by this point, and Cerseii plays it like its her vs everyone, or just real dumb. Even if she can't control Joffrey she should at least be worried by his actions, not happily smiling at every stupid thing Joffrey does like she wants him to do that stuff. Like all of the stuff Joffrey says, the way he acts, its unbelievable she sits there pretending like its all cool.

's even talked before like he's out of her control and afraid for herself before, but there is just something wrong with that aspect and her seemingly 100% behind everything Joffrey does while smiling and laughing about it. At least Tywin and Jaimie realize how stupid Joffrey is being, including all of the people that matter, while you got Cerseii sitting there smiling happily like what any of them thinks doesn't matter. I'm not even sure i understand the Tywin relationship to Joffrey since he has taken authority over him before, and the rest of the time he plays it like he's timid to say anything, despite obvious disapproval of his actions.

I guess it doesn't matter now but there are such mixed messages if you try reading into their relationships based on the acting/scenes.

Quote:

Who are all these females that are asking for everyone to make them their enemy aside from Cersei?

well i guess to be fair its mostly Cerseii right now. Catelyn was the other dumbest character tho. In fact she's so dumb it annoys me how that even happened. Dany is alright so far, she's still collecting her army and acting all righteous. Marjorie and her mom seem smart and are at least playing the 'game' it seems. Its just Cerseii to me is so stupid it kills me like it did when i was watching Catelyn. Tyrion's whore is kind of dumb too, like she seems oblivious to what danger she's in even tho it should be obvious. Arya is a bit dumb to me too the way she goes charging into everything and someone always bailing her out. Sansa had been dumb albeit helpless to this point.

Quote:

I know it's probably not going to end up being him, but I almost want for Joff's killer to be Varys. It would show that he finally grew some balls and did what was best for the realm.

i'm guessing it ultimately has to be Varys or Littlefinger. I would be shocked if Marjorie and her mom weren't a part of it as well, unless they purposely tried to trick us with the camera emphasis and their acting.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #4654
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
thing is they could not have foreseen the actions of Joffrey with the cup bearer part, which was the most damning finger pointing at Tyrion. they had to have gotten real lucky that Tyrion just so happened to be going thru this whole cup bearer thing with Joffrey and handling the goblet for Joffrey to have drunk. that was spur of the moment on Joffrey's part. they could never have known Tyrion would be handling a goblet like that is what i'm saying.

Like someone said before it started with Catelyn. She is the dummy who set it all off. Cerseii has been retarded from the get go. I get she doesn't give a shit but she should with history being what it is and the enemies you make always coming back around. Like the whole 'game' should be recognized by anyone and everyone in the noble families by this point, and Cerseii plays it like its her vs everyone, or just real dumb. Even if she can't control Joffrey she should at least be worried by his actions, not happily smiling at every stupid thing Joffrey does like she wants him to do that stuff. Like all of the stuff Joffrey says, the way he acts, its unbelievable she sits there pretending like its all cool.

's even talked before like he's out of her control and afraid for herself before, but there is just something wrong with that aspect and her seemingly 100% behind everything Joffrey does while smiling and laughing about it. At least Tywin and Jaimie realize how stupid Joffrey is being, including all of the people that matter, while you got Cerseii sitting there smiling happily like what any of them thinks doesn't matter. I'm not even sure i understand the Tywin relationship to Joffrey since he has taken authority over him before, and the rest of the time he plays it like he's timid to say anything, despite obvious disapproval of his actions.

I guess it doesn't matter now but there are such mixed messages if you try reading into their relationships based on the acting/scenes.

well i guess to be fair its mostly Cerseii right now. Catelyn was the other dumbest character tho. In fact she's so dumb it annoys me how that even happened. Dany is alright so far, she's still collecting her army and acting all righteous. Marjorie and her mom seem smart and are at least playing the 'game' it seems. Its just Cerseii to me is so stupid it kills me like it did when i was watching Catelyn. Tyrion's whore is kind of dumb too, like she seems oblivious to what danger she's in even tho it should be obvious. Arya is a bit dumb to me too the way she goes charging into everything and someone always bailing her out. Sansa had been dumb albeit helpless to this point.

i'm guessing it ultimately has to be Varys or Littlefinger. I would be shocked if Marjorie and her mom weren't a part of it as well, unless they purposely tried to trick us with the camera emphasis and their acting.

What makes you think LF has anything to do with this? He wasn't even at the wedding.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #4655
KyleKong
Diahrrea Jones

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
What makes you think LF has anything to do with this? He wasn't even at the wedding.

Littlefinger or Varys are the two most dangerous people in GoT.

Infact, those two are really the ones playing 'A Game of Thones'.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #4656
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong

Littlefinger or Varys are the two most dangerous people in GoT.

Infact, those two are really the ones playing 'A Game of Thones'.

I'm not an unsullied. Fall back.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #4657
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Because he and Varys are the best "players".
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #4658
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:

those are guesses because Varys and Littlefinger, at least one of them seems behind everything. so even if its lets say the guy who told Sansa to leave, or even Marjorie and her mom, i'd guess Varys or Littlefinger were pulling their strings or something like that. it just seems like it'd be obvious they are running the show further hidden, if they attended or not. altho i think some of you have spoiled me into thinking that way tbh from the general references of the players in the 'Game'.

i'm not even that curious which of them it is, more than who directly at the celebration, was involved. i sort of expect one of them two to be behind it ultimately.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #4659
KyleKong
Diahrrea Jones

Quote:
I'm not an unsullied. Fall back.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #4660
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Because he and Varys are the best "players".

That is not good enough of a reason. If that is your reason than you could say they were responsible for every death thus far.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #4661
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
those are guesses because Varys and Littlefinger, at least one of them seems behind everything. so even if its lets say the guy who told Sansa to leave, or even Marjorie and her mom, i'd guess Varys or Littlefinger were pulling their strings or something like that. it just seems like it'd be obvious they are running the show further hidden, if they attended or not. altho i think some of you have spoiled me into thinking that way tbh from the general references of the players in the 'Game'.

i'm not even that curious which of them it is, more than who directly at the celebration, was involved. i sort of expect one of them two to be behind it ultimately.

Gotcha. I've read the books so I just wanted some perspective from someone who hasn't read the books to see their line of thinking.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #4662
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong

Lmao is that Qyburn behind Varys?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #4663
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That is not good enough of a reason. If that is your reason than you could say they were responsible for every death thus far.

Who are you that is so wise in the ways of logic?

I'd hate to admit it but Godzuki is right in that Littlefinger and Varys seem to be behind just about everything that happens regarding the Iron Throne.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #4664
KyleKong
Diahrrea Jones

Quote:
Gotcha. I've read the books so I just wanted some perspective from someone who hasn't read the books to see their line of thinking.

George R.R. Martin wrote this episode because he wanted all the hints that were in the books to be seen in this episode.

Gotta pay attention to the body language of all the people before and after the poisoning.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #4665
iTare
YoungNiggaMoveThatDope

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"I can't be in love with a WHORE!"

what a great line
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: