Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #4831
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
thats my problem i guess. it was real obvious even just from his anguish in that scene he said it only to get rid of her, and she HAD to have known that was the only reason he said that at the time. in fact i would've sworn she did know except i thought she was just being stubborn and didn't care about the repercussions.

i guess i shouldn't be arguing with you but i have a issue with her being unable to interpret that from the scene.

I haven't seen the scene since it aired, but when he called her a whore I thought she was obviously upset with what he said and believed him.

She was resistant to leave for a long time, and only left when Tyrion insulted her that way.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #4832
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazersfan52
In the books at least, I am not caught up on the show so I can't say, but in the books the entire time she just plays that she is a whore, and this is her job, Tyrion knows all this, but he falls in love with her and he curses himself for it, almost said a spoiler also but stopped myself from typing it

i guess i read too much into their relationship from the show then. they came across as a tight duo, where their relationship went a lot further than whore and client to me, much more to the point i thought they were a team.

i was thinking they were going to scheme together...in fact i always thought she was going to turn into some major character for how much they showed her and Tyrion earlier on and how involved she was in everything around the castle.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #4833
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
She didnt understand that Tyrion was trying to save her. She's a dumbass whore after all.
yea, and she was already jealous of Sansa's marriage to tyrion.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #4834
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
"Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores."

GOAT line.
Yeah... I had to rewatch that line a few times. Perfectly delivered. Just hand him the Emmy.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #4835
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
i guess i read too much into their relationship from the show then. they came across as a tight duo, where their relationship went a lot further than whore and client to me, much more to the point i thought they were a team.

i was thinking they were going to scheme together...in fact i always thought she was going to turn into some major character for how much they showed her and Tyrion earlier on and how involved she was in everything around the castle.
shae is a whore, she ****s for money. She wanted to stay with tyrion because he was her best financial option. Eg. better to be a gold digger and have 1 sugar daddy, than a brothel whore taking 30 ***** a day.

Part of gold diggers making their sugar daddy happy is making them think they love them

She was obviously offered a better deal
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #4836
blazersfan52
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:

Ya, in the books she isn't involved into anything really, it's way to easy to read into this show and the books and come out with something that when you find out the plan thats not what happens, I know reading the books I did that for every character everytime.
blazersfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4837
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Is there a good place to read about everything that happened before the first episode? I'm assuming in the books they just mention history here and there and make you put it together, yeah?
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4838
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Yeah... I had to rewatch that line a few times. Perfectly delivered. Just hand him the Emmy.
He would get it easily if there wasn't True Detective and Matthew McConaughey...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4839
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
i get women are emotional, but this is a character we went through earlier seasons with, she was a major part of Tyrions scenes early on and we saw how close their relationship was.

you mean to tell me she doesn't get at all right now that Tyrion purposely called her a whore to get her to leave? that was very evident even when he said it, she had to have known why he said it at that time by his anguish. and that makes her do a complete 180 and want him executed now?

i don't like how this played out one bit. real weak writing. i can only hope Cerseii or Tywin blackmailed her or something to make her do this.

Tyrion (and some of the audience tricked) themselves into thinking she had genuine feelings towards tyrion.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4840
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
He would get it easily if there wasn't True Detective and Matthew McConaughey...
Oh... yeah forgot about that guy.

Oh well.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4841
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
I haven't seen the scene since it aired, but when he called her a whore I thought she was obviously upset with what he said and believed him.

She was resistant to leave for a long time, and only left when Tyrion insulted her that way.

yeah but it was almost like she knew he didn't really mean it, at least thats how i viewed that scene. i mean yeah she got real bitter after he said it, but throughout i was thinking she knew why he was making her leave and why he said that(but didn't really mean it). even his resigned anguish in that scene i thought made it evident he said it only out of necessity.

but i guess i have to bend to how it plays out which is she took what he said very literally like he meant it.

my only thing now is why show us so much of her earlier if all she is is another whore who stabs him in the back. all of those scenes with her seems rather unnecessary right about now, even misleading.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #4842
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Is there a good place to read about everything that happened before the first episode? I'm assuming in the books they just mention history here and there and make you put it together, yeah?
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Thrones_Wiki
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #4843
MavsSuperFan

one good part of last night's episode is that finally dany's storyline gets a complex character.

Its been so long since she has had someone that is not either a comic bookish villain or someone that worships her.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #4844
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
if you want spoilers

A song of ice and fire wiki is much better
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/
Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #4845
blazersfan52
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
There is a GoT wiki, has alot of info on everything, he has written stories about 100+ years before Roberts Rebellion because he has written stories about before that, and be warned of spoilers, there are a lot of them on the Wiki if you haven't read the books.
blazersfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: