Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #4831
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
You're a terrible person, rezznor.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #4832
KyleKong
OTC Heir Apparent

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rezznor didn't even read the books, he just goes to the wiki page and spoiled everything for himself so he has to attempt to ruin it for everyone.

KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #4833
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksimilian
I dont want to sound like a pretentious snobby azzhole but I cant understand the mindset of "Show-only fans" who refuse too read the books. I started watching the first season because it was HBO produced, and reviews were labelling it Sopranos meets Lord of the Rings.

And what happened when I started watching? Like everyone else I fell in love with the characters, the story and the Game of Thrones world. So if im truly vested in all these things, and Season 1 has finished, whats left to do? Wait a year to see what happens? Wait 5 years too see what happens? **** No, I went and bought the books.

I not having a go at "show only" watchers. I understand some people hate reading, and many dont mind waiting. But if youre truly vested into the world and the characters of Game of Thrones, why would you NOT want to know what happens next? I feel like a lot of watchers, are only watching because "Its cool to be watching". Sort of like it was cool to watch Jersey Shore or the Kardashians. Im not comparing GOT to the Kardashians of cors, but i feel like their blind followings are the same.

I mean people now know that Joffreys dead. Why are people making theories about "who killed Joffrey?" when the question was answered 15 years ago. If you were really interested, youde read the book. Its like someone making a tv series about World War 2, and after the 3rd episode opening a debate over "Who will win? The Germans or the Allies?".....

i like reading but i don't like reading anything i've watched. Its not as bad watching something i read since you are curious how well they're going to do it but its not as great as something brand new you don't know whats going to happen. Knowing or even having a inkling of a idea of what will happen, or anything retold over again, sucks quite frankly.

i could never read the hobbit after watching it. I read most of the comic books of Spiderman and Xmen way before the movies and it was interesting to see how they were able to do the action so well and make a lot of stuff just like the comic book panels. That said it sux knowing how things are going to play out in anything.

i think a lot of you generalize way too much based on your own tastes. people don't really watch stuff because its the cool thing to do. Breaking Bad is the cool thing to watch because its good. Same with Sons of Anarchy. Same with GoT to some, altho i can understand why some people don't like any fantasy in stuff they watch. Kardashians is some of the most entertaining shit sometimes seeing how super rich, do nothing bitches live. Seeing Kris humphries or Odom on there is entertaining even tho i can't stand Odom these days. never seen a dude who feels sorry for himself and blames everyone but himself for his own actions and can be as old as he is....but thats beside the point i'm making. people watch stuff because its interesting to them generally, maybe not you.

theres a lot of crap on TV, maybe some people like the golf channel, the million police drama's, or whatever but those shows are popular for a reason, and its not just some bandwagon everyone follows just to folow each other.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #4834
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
Rezznor didn't even read the books, he just goes to the wiki page and spoiled everything for himself so he has to attempt to ruin it for everyone.

what i do?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #4835
KyleKong
OTC Heir Apparent

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
what i do?

Stop spoiling things for people who have only watched the show.

KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #4836
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Is the Walking Dead any good? I have co-workers that are into it, but they're generally not the kind of people I'd go to for television critiques... Tried watching an episode and found it rather stupid.

Is it worth an investment of time?

I'd say yes.

It's nowhere near the quality of a show like GOT, and it's certainly not a thinking man's show, but it is entertaining IMO.

It would be a good show to binge watch when bored and out of other stuff to watch.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #4837
Le Shaqtus
Knights, Jags, Magic

Le Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

What a perfect reaction gif
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:03 AM   #4838
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Meh lawd, shall we start a new thread for TELEVISION SHOW ONLY? lol
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #4839
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Meh lawd, shall we start a new thread for TELEVISION SHOW ONLY? lol
Well if you only watched Episode 2 of season 4, it is possible to figure out how joff was killed and who the trigger person was.

Also if you watched season 3 kings landing episodes and the season 4 kings landing scenes, you could clearly see why they killed joff.

Is it still a book spoiler if the show depicts it happening?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #4840
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Well if you only watched Episode 2 of season 4, it is possible to figure out how joff was killed and who the trigger person was.

Also if you watched season 3 kings landing episodes and the season 4 kings landing scenes, you could clearly see why they killed joff.

Is it still a book spoiler if the show depicts it happening?
If you're speculating based on something you saw in the television show, but still aren't 100-percent sure until it comes to pass? No, not a spoiler.

If you read the books and already knew the answer, but you're using something that was shown in the episode to justify ruining it for everyone else? Yes, spoiler.

I'm quite sure when already know whodunit, you aren't watching the scene the same way as someone who had no clue Joffrey was being offed. I'm sure when we all get the answer, it will be easy to go back and see how it was done.

It's getting to the point where, although I love chatting about this show which I think is just brilliantly produced/acted/etc., it isn't worth coming in here and stumbling across a spoiler.

I really do not understand why people feel the need to do it.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 04-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #4841
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIuQwZh1CM

10/10 would watch
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #4842
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
That's amazing.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #4843
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i watched the whole show in a week.. i dont even know what to say except dont watch this show in a week
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #4844
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

how many hours til its on!>?! gotta fined me a stream
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #4845
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ill pm you one before it comes on if you dont find one.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: