Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #5056
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 30,446
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Exactly what I said, wtf.

Good for Daario, there was always sexual tension between that ***** and khalessi. Littlefinger part was EPICCCCCCC, I used to hate him but I am really happy Sansa is with him and not stuck miserable in kings landing. I feel like in the next episode if Sansa stands behind LF when he is being put on trial, it will show him that she is loyal and they will together take over Westeros. Hound/Arya are great. Tyrion was so damn thankful when the Viper told him he was going to fight for him, but I saw this coming from a mile away. It is a win win for everyone involved, Viper gets his revenge, Dwarf gets to keep his life.
He still has to beat The f#cking Mountain. No easy task for anyone, including a fellow legend like the Red Viper... though, I do always favor speed and skill over power.

It's basically the most epic fight possible in Westeros, from what I can tell.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-19-2014 at 12:23 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #5057
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,205
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He still has to beat The f#cking Mountain. No easy task for anyone, including a fellow legend like the Red Viper... though, I do always favor speed and skill over power.

It's basically the most epic fight possible in Westros, from what I can tell.
my favorite fight in the books so far..
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #5058
Le Shaqtus
Go Pack Go
 
Le Shaqtus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 6,469
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Red Viper will get murked by the Mountain, I can feel it
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #5059
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 30,446
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
my favorite fight in the books so far..
Looking forward to it and also sort of dreading it. It would be just like Martin to throw a curveball in this potential "fairy tale" ending and have The Mountain slice Oberyn in half with one of those strikes.

I guess that's the great thing about Martin's disregard for what the audience "wants" or who it loves/hates. Because he's proven that he couldn't care less, you never know how these things are going to play out.


Also, really loved the scene between Tyrion and Bronn. Who could possibly blame Bronn for taking Cersei's deal and not facing The Mountain? First of all, he's a damn good fighter in his own right, but would he really stand a chance against The Mountain? Probably not.

Secondly, he got a sweet deal and has now raised his future family's lowborn status up from the dirt to potential lordships.

Thirdly, he has already saved Tyrion's life one time. Isn't that enough?

He knows he can't win. Tyrion knows he probably can't win. Glad to see they parted ways with their usual playfully passive aggressive back-and-forth.

The only surprising thing to me is that Tyrion didn't think of Oberyn as a potential champion prior to his visit. Tyrion knows he hates all Lannisters, but Tywin most of all. He also knows that Oberyn wanted to kill The Mountain (I believe he mentioned that in their little meeting outside the brothel).

It was just all too perfect and someone of Tyrion's intellect should have been nudging him toward it far in advance. Then again, I guess he thought since Oberyn was on the council deciding his fate, he had already given up his grievances and was working for Tywin.

I'm not going to get bogged down in the tiny details, though. The Viper's completely reading and owning Cersei's thinly veiled attempt to win his favor was f#cking awesome. He's just an incredible character, rivaling the best on the show.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-19-2014 at 12:42 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #5060
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,066
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Looking forward to it and also sort of dreading it. It would be just like Martin to throw a curveball in this potential "fairy tale" ending and have The Mountain slice Oberyn in half with one of those strikes.

I guess that's the great thing about Martin's disregard for what the audience "wants" or who it loves/hates. Because he's proven that he couldn't care less, you never know how these things are going to play out.


Also, really loved the scene between Tyrion and Bronn. Who could possibly blame Bronn for taking Cersei's deal and not facing The Mountain? First of all, he's a damn good fighter in his own right, but would he really stand a chance against The Mountain? Probably not.

Secondly, he got a sweet deal and has now raised his future family's lowborn status up from the dirt to potential lordships.

Thirdly, he has already saved Tyrion's life one time. Isn't that enough?

He knows he can't win. Tyrion knows he probably can't win. Glad to see they parted ways with their usual playfully passive aggressive back-and-forth.

The only surprising thing to me is that Tyrion didn't think of Oberyn as a potential champion prior to his visit. Tyrion knows he hates all Lannisters, but Tywin most of all. He also knows that Oberyn wanted to kill The Mountain (I believe he mentioned that in their little meeting outside the brothel).

It was just all too perfect and someone of Tyrion's intellect should have been nudging him toward it far in advance. Then again, I guess he thought since Oberyn was on the council deciding his fate, he had already given up his grievances and was working for Tywin.

I'm not going to get bogged down in the tiny details, though. The Viper's completely reading and owning Cersei's thinly veiled attempt to win his favor was f#cking awesome. He's just an incredible character, rivaling the best on the show.

I can't remember what were the thoughts running through Tyrion's mind in the books but you have Tyrion himself who is a Lannister so he probably wouldn't think Oberyn would want to save him. Tywin had already promised Oberyn the Mountain so why not kill two birds with one stone? Tyrion dies and Oberyn gets to kill the mountain later... then Tywin etc.

And yes, the Red Viper is badass. Not only does the actor play the badass role well but in this episode he showed incredible range by displaying a more raw emotion to the character. That prison scene had me feeling weak.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #5061
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,932
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Is it me or does the Mountain look way to young to be the Hounds older brother? They should have aged him up with make up, the guy who plays him is 20 years young than the guy who plays the Hound.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #5062
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 30,446
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
I can't remember what were the thoughts running through Tyrion's mind in the books but you have Tyrion himself who is a Lannister so he probably wouldn't think Oberyn would want to save him. Tywin had already promised Oberyn the Mountain so why not kill two birds with one stone? Tyrion dies and Oberyn gets to kill the mountain later... then Tywin etc.

And yes, the Red Viper is badass. Not only does the actor play the badass role well but in this episode he showed incredible range by displaying a more raw emotion to the character. That prison scene had me feeling weak.
You have a point about Tyrion being a Lannister and Oberyn's hatred seems to extend to all Lannisters, at least up until that scene in the cell. His recounting of meeting Tyrion when he was a baby was beautifully done. Sad, enlightening and joyous. Very emotional.

The Dornish seem like a much more advanced civilization. Less bogged down in class or the physical form. More enlightened people in general.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #5063
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,066
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Is it me or does the Mountain look way to young to be the Hounds older brother? They should have aged him up with make up, the guy who plays him is 20 years young than the guy who plays the Hound.

Seriously they couldn't have given this dude long hair? I guess they figured dude would be in helm for 99% of his screen time.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #5064
KyleKong
Big Sexy
 
KyleKong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 13,060
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You have a point about Tyrion being a Lannister and Oberyn's hatred seems to extend to all Lannisters, at least up until that scene in the cell. His recounting of meeting Tyrion when he was a baby was beautifully done. Sad, enlightening and joyous. Very emotional.

The Dornish seem like a much more advanced civilization. Less bogged down in class or the physical form. More enlightened people in general.

Plus, what would piss Tywin off more then saving Tyrion?

Oberyn is after one thing, revenge.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #5065
KyleKong
Big Sexy
 
KyleKong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 13,060
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

That dude is big as fvck in real life too

KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #5066
Le Shaqtus
Go Pack Go
 
Le Shaqtus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 6,469
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
That dude is big as fvck in real life too


That dude is a monster, his head looks like it's double hers.

Lena Headey is super pretty, even as casual looking as that.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #5067
Droid101
NBA Superstar
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 13,796
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
That last episode was EPIC.....EPIC
It really wasn't. It was pretty boring mostly. Did you read the books and see something us TV watchers didn't?
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:35 AM   #5068
bballnoob1192
Born again Cavs fan
 
bballnoob1192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,660
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Man i'm so hype for this upcoming episode for the fight. I hope the mountain wins, that would be so goddamn anti-climatic and leave the fans batshit worried for tyrion's life.
bballnoob1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #5069
KyleKong
Big Sexy
 
KyleKong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 13,060
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
That dude is a monster, his head looks like it's double hers.

Lena Headey is super pretty, even as casual looking as that.

Headey is like 5'10 or 5'11 too.

This dude is seriously fucking massive holy shit.





If this bruh lived like 500 years ago he'd actually be a King somewhere.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #5070
fsvr54
Bitch Hands
 
fsvr54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,619
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Haven't seen season 4 yet. How is it so far? My friend says it's disappointing, but I don't quite trust his opinion on things.

Already 7 episodes in, some major shit better have happened.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy