Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #5101
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
No, it's just getting a bit tedious. Thanks.
Yeah, I certainly went full pauk
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #5102
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
Being infantry does not make you inferior or shitty Swiss pikemen were the most elite force in the late medieval Europe (you know, that era on which Westeros militaries are based on) and those guys could not ride a horse when their life depended on it. Pikemen with archery support are a perfect counter to a cavalry, especially light cavalry with no armor

10 years old boy is about as far away from your average soldier as Gregor Clegane, Meribald hardly speaks for everyone. Again I have given the descriptions of the armies of the WOT5K, all of them are vastly different from Meribald and all of them mention trained and equipped men fighting in learned formations.

I shall rather believe the descriptions of armies we are given in the text by people like Tyrion over a random idiot who went into the war with kitchen spoon as a 10 years old

And again, Robert has not seen a Dothraki in his life. He knows nothing of them.

The real world is not in question, but the logic and common sense are. If you have no armor and your horse has no armor and you ride into a pike wall with volleys of arrows raining upon you, you are dead in every single world.

pshhh a goatherder with a two rivers longbow >>>>> any knight or dothraki

rep to whoever gets it
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #5103
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

rep to whoever gets it
is this a WoT reference
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #5104
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
is this a WoT reference
repped

Quote:
the Two Rivers Longbow is the weapon of choice among Two Rivers folk. Typical unstrung bows are a hand or two taller than the person drawing them. Black yew is considered the best wood for constructing a Two Rivers Longbow while the bowstring is constructed of tightly wrapped cords coated in a thin layer of beeswax to protect it from the elements.

It has a range upwards of 500 paces and is so powerful that it can puncture clear through mail and oftentimes out the back end as well.

ParallelsEdit
The Two Rivers Longbow is no doubt a reference to the English Longbow, which is also made of yew with a very heavy draw weight and able to penetrate armor.

Last edited by rezznor : 05-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #5105
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not saying they win in our world. I'm saying they win in theirs. What.....you think essos had engineers capable of building pyramids but never thought to put a spear wall and archers against the dothraki?

You can chalk it up to bad writing if you like. But the writing on the world at issue says they win.

And no we really didn't spoil anything major. If the septon is even in the show its gonna be for ten minutes. Its not part of the plot. Just downtime talking.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #5106
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I'm not saying they win in our world. I'm saying they win in theirs. What.....you think essos had engineers capable of building pyramids but never thought to put a spear wall and archers against the dothraki?

You can chalk it up to bad writing if you like. But the writing on the world at issue says they win.

And no we really didn't spoil anything major. If the septon is even in the show its gonna be for ten minutes. Its not part of the plot. Just downtime talking.

Didn't the ancient Unsullied armies win a fight against the Dothraki though? Given how outdated the Unsullied are in comparison to Westeros armies wouldn't it make perfect sense that they would win?

I haven't read the books but watching the show the impression I get is that Westeros is Europe in the late medieval era and Essos is more like the Americas only someone dropped a poor mans version of the mongols in the middle and no surprise they win over there. I get the feeling of a whole bunch of primitive, disjointed city builders on Essos with the military technology being vastly inferior to the west.

The Dothraki to me feel like the 6 foot 8th grader who beats up on all his 4 foot tall mates and then gets his ass kicked when he plays against the seniors who are all bigger.

Again though, this is based entirely on watching the show and seeing the different technologies in use and nothing on what is written in the books!
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #5107
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

rep to whoever gets it
One-handed Two Rivers polygamist Blademaster>>>One-handed sister-****ing child-killing Lord Commander.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #5108
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I now all of a sudden feel like playing Skyrim now.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #5109
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Rooting for Coldhands appearance tonight
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #5110
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

anyone that can pm a live stream? will rep
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #5111
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Rooting for Coldhands appearance tonight
Me too but i dont think it will happen
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #5112
BigDaddyK
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigDaddyK has an OK reputation so far

I would also like a link to an online stream.

I dont post here much at all but am a lurker, and a Cavs fan.
BigDaddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #5113
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's right.....Littlefinger killed John arryn and started the whole conflict.

Mvp.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #5114
Le Shaqtus
House Stark

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jon Snow don't play homie, DAMNNN
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #5115
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
Jon Snow don't play homie, DAMNNN
he got bailed out
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: