Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #46
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i think we can reveal baelish and catherine's history without it being a spoiler. let me know thorpe if you want their history.

Yeah, I'm fine with that. As Cate was leaving Ned pointed out that Baelish clearly still had feelings for her, and he said something to Ned about being cut up the belly by Ned's brother fighting over her, so it's clear that they have some kind of a past.

I don't fret spoilers much. I've always felt the good telling of a story is at least as interesting as the story itself. That's why I watch the same movies more than once, and read the books more than once.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #47
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lena Headey is so much hotter as a blonde.

I had almost forgotten that she was Sarah Connor
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #48
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Just looked up the pics cause I wasn't sure who she played. I know she's the Queen. I'm not familiar with her from anything else, but just from a quick google image search, I'm saying I like her better as a brunette. Really dig the tattoos too. She's much hotter from what I saw there than I would've guessed had you just said the queen is really hot.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #49
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

You can also see her naked as the Queen in 300. She's definitely hot.

I wish I still had an interest in reading fantasy series because I'd have read this series by now. I'm 4 or so books behind in the two series I did follow so I doubt I'd ever get around to this. Too bad.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #50
Godzuki
I need to relax, smile, take a deep breath, and remember that we are just here for fun

Godzuki has not been impressing people

ughh the Queen looks pretty thru to me, then again i've bought into the whole incest characterization of her from GoT.

i'm reeally liking the show so far, even the random dialogue i'm into, and i'm even liking that midget, he's a good actor
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #51
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

I've never seen that show before and I thought about it to watch that show.

is it good show?
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #52
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
You can also see her naked as the Queen in 300. She's definitely hot.

I wish I still had an interest in reading fantasy series because I'd have read this series by now. I'm 4 or so books behind in the two series I did follow so I doubt I'd ever get around to this. Too bad.

Okay, yeah, the queen from 300, totally smoking hot in that. I barely picked up on her blonde.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #53
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, I'm fine with that. As Cate was leaving Ned pointed out that Baelish clearly still had feelings for her, and he said something to Ned about being cut up the belly by Ned's brother fighting over her, so it's clear that they have some kind of a past.

I don't fret spoilers much. I've always felt the good telling of a story is at least as interesting as the story itself. That's why I watch the same movies more than once, and read the books more than once.
Ok so, Cate, her sister (john Arryn's widow), and peter all grew up together. peter was in love with cate, but cate got betrothed to Ned's brother. after hearing this, peter challenged ned's brother to a duel for Cate. of course, the Starks are all warriors and Peter isn't so he lost and that's how he got his scar.

after the mad king murders ned's father and brother, ned marries Cate to fullfill the betrothal.

cate still trusts peter b/c of their friendship from growing up, but he's very conniving and manipulative. he has also claimed to have taken both cate and her sister's v-cards
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #54
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3 episodes On Demand, I'll give this a go. Really didnt hear much about this show. Good thing I stumbled on this thread. Wonder if this comes on before or same time as The Borgias. Be nice if it came on before.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #55
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
3 episodes On Demand, I'll give this a go. Really didnt hear much about this show. Good thing I stumbled on this thread. Wonder if this comes on before or same time as The Borgias. Be nice if it came on before.
these first few episodes are setting up the characters and intrigue, most of the action in the books happen later.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #56
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
these first few episodes are setting up the characters and intrigue, most of the action in the books happen later.

Cool. I'm watching episode one. Kinda lost to why the one guy was beheaded. And who did he see exactly?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #57
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Cool. I'm watching episode one. Kinda lost to why the one guy was beheaded. And who did he see exactly?

He deserted The Wall (military outpost).
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #58
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
He deserted The Wall (military outpost).

Ok so at the begginning when those 3 dudes left whatever they were to roam in the woods. It was a violation?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #59
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok so at the begginning when those 3 dudes left whatever they were to roam in the woods. It was a violation?

They were patrolling the woods outside of the wall. The one guy that gets beheaded wanted to run away because of all the dead bodies he saw. He knew something was up/was scared. When all of them died after they got attacked, he ran and got caught (or ran back there on purpose, I'm not sure which). He told them that he saw the white walkers, but I think right now people think of them more as a myth than as something real. They just thought he was deserting his post and made the story up or went mad.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #60
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
They were patrolling the woods outside of the wall. The one guy that gets beheaded wanted to run away because of all the dead bodies he saw. He knew something was up/was scared. When all of them died after they got attacked, he ran and got caught (or ran back there on purpose, I'm not sure which). He told them that he saw the white walkers, but I think right now people think of them more as a myth than as something real. They just thought he was deserting his post and made the story up or went mad.

Gotcha.

So this blonde hair guy wanting his "throne" back is going up against the other king (who is trying to hire a new right hand man) married his sister off to some barbarian dude as an ally in a potential war/fight (since dude is badass)?

Damn i just finished first episode...ending crazy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: