Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #6676
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Solid episode. Always nice to see some Cersei come-upins.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:05 AM   #6677
BasedTom
Dream Reality

Thoughts on the episode (spoilers everywhere):

-Aemon dying was emotional, used lines from the book, though i thought perhaps Sam's delivery of the amazing eulogy was perhaps weaker than I imagined it should be.
-Sansa has some serious guts calling Ramsay a bastard to his face
-Theon redemption arc pls
-looks like the winter is finally coming
-really hoping that Stannis makes it to winterfell and ****s up the Boltons, good to see his dilemma with Shireen brought forth in this episode
-WHERE ARE THE GREYJOYS. MELISANDRE PUT A LEECH FOR THE FALSE KING BALON GREYJOY HOLY SHIT, WHY ARE THEY GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO NOT SHOW THEM
-Sam fight and sex scene was more funny than anything else, kind of dragged on too long...the moaning
-Jorah being a badass is always welcome, even if it feels like they ripped off Gladiator lol...half expected him to scream out "Are you not entertained"
-young Tom is giving off Joffrey vibes, nice going Cersei. All he wanted was to play with his kittens and Margaery, and who can blame him
-Jaime scene sort of worked out when you think of the whole "he's actually her father" part of it
-more sand snake tits, less fighting pls. Bronn is great as always, even if the premise of the scene was kind of dumb
-Lady Olenna+Littlefinger seems interesting going forward
-#freemargaery #free loras
-cersei is finally having shit blow up in her face

all in all, it does feel like there was the usual season 5 filler, yet also a ton of storylines advancing. This whole season so far feels like its been a long set up for the final episodes.
BasedTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:13 AM   #6678
BasedTom
Dream Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
That's all the ammunition required to bring in Queen Daenerys. She is not mentally weak, the people look up to her, has legit claim to the throne, and not very unyielding. All of the weaknesses of those other kings is her strength. The few weaknesses she had of trusting people too easily and being too naive is shredding away. By the time she reaches Westeros, she will be complete & the perfect ruler.

My guess is that when it's all said & done, Daenerys will be the queen married to Jon Snow - they are perfect for each other, character-wise (initially, I thought it would be Dany and Robb Stark). Tyrion her hand. Stannis Warden of the East. Tyrion will kill Cersei. Jaime will become commander of the Queen's guard as he learns to fight with his left hand. Ser Jorah will redeem himself and his possessions on Bear Island as Lord, but he will die from the touch of the stonemen after they put down the White walkers. Brienne will join the Queen's guard under Dany. Varys will return as the lord of whispers under Dany. Petyr will be killed by someone smarter than him for trying to cause chaos - maybe through Varys?? Tommen will be killed for being a bastard king.

The riders of the 3 dragons will be Daenerys, Bran, and ???. Tyrion will become Warden of the West & Lord of Casterly Rock. Sam will begin training to become a maester on his path to eventually becoming the youngest grand Maester years down the road.

Arya is one character I am lost about. Myrcella will marry the young Dornish prince. Margaery will be killed off by Cersei. Bronn will die soon.
Dany's rule so far has proven to be a cluster**** of contradictions. Every episode has something that almost hints at her having some of that dat Targaryen madness- or at the very least just being a teenager with an indecipherable form of reasoning. Just right now she gets bothered by watching people fight each other in an arena setting...yet she had zero issue with burning a couple of random masters to death and feeding them to her dragons.

I really doubt Stannis would ever bow to any king or queen- especially a Targaryen.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:22 AM   #6680
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Solid episode tonight. Sh!t happened more in this episode, and lots of setting up.

Sand Snakes finally did something that wasn't cringe worthy. Dat body doe. I almost take back everything that I said about the Sand Snakes.

There were also some nice camera shots.

The Tyrion storyline is heating up. Excited for that one, but they really went beyond the books there. Can't wait to see what they'll do with it now.

I think this and ep 3 were my favorite episodes of this season so far, but this season is slow. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by Micku : 05-25-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #6681
BasedTom
Dream Reality

she ate a fucking heart
had countless killed for her conquests
has sentenced people to gruesome deaths

but fighting pits are too much
Old 05-25-2015, 04:47 AM   #6682
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

This is Cersei in this episode:
Old 05-25-2015, 04:56 AM   #6683
Graviton
☯‿☯

So how the **** do bunch of peasants with robes and barely any weapons take over King's landing? How is there "nothing we can do" when that beta "King" has an army, and the Royal Guard knights with the best armor and weapons. Just so idiotic, it's like watching farmers take over the White House with Navy Seals and Secret Service in there.

Please tell me they all get slaughtered in the books.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #6684
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
So how the **** do bunch of peasants with robes and barely any weapons take over King's landing? How is there "nothing we can do" when that beta "King" has an army, and the Royal Guard knights with the best armor and weapons. Just so idiotic, it's like watching farmers take over the White House with Navy Seals and Secret Service in there.

Please tell me they all get slaughtered in the books.

Cersei gave the Sparrow the title of High Septon and gave them weapons and stuff. They have been going around enforcing the religion (the Seven) and taking out the highborn ppl with sins that she basically started. She fired the High Septon that Tyrion hired, cuz she doesn't like Tyrion and doesn't trust whatever he picks.

Overall, she lets them do their own thing and they are in the right. She brought this on herself. Cersei isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Tommen is young and too beta to do anything about it.

Think of this like medieval Catholic Church and Cersei gave the Sparrow the title of being the Pope and armed them with weapons. Usually, they have no power outside of the church. But Cersei decided that they could go out and punish ppl who have sinned. The Catholic Church back in the day used to have a lot of power and they were corrupt. They were screwing with the royal family and vice versa. This is a reflection of that, with some dark fantasy there.

Anyway, Tommen could've done something earlier about it, but those guys have hostages now.

--

In the books, the Sparrows are a bit more complex and there were some changes.

Last edited by Micku : 05-25-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:47 AM   #6685
Graviton
☯‿☯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Cersei gave the Sparrow the title of High Septon and gave them weapons and stuff. They have been going around enforcing the religion (the Seven) and taking out the highborn ppl with sins that she basically started. She fired the High Septon that Tyrion hired, cuz she doesn't like Tyrion and doesn't trust whatever he picks.

Overall, she lets them do their own thing and they are in the right. She brought this on herself. Cersei isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Tommen is young and too beta to do anything about it.

Think of this like medieval Catholic Church and Cersei gave the Sparrow the title of being the Pope and armed them with weapons. Usually, they have no power outside of the church. But Cersei decided that they could go out and punish ppl who have sinned. The Catholic Church back in the day used to have a lot of power and they were corrupt. They were screwing with the royal family and vice versa. This is a reflection of that, with some dark fantasy there.

Anyway, Tommen could've done something earlier about it, but those guys have hostages now.

But they are still untrained bunch of peasants with no armor, the weapons are useless if they face actual knights and the Royal Guard. Tommen the beta coulda just let his bodyguards kill them all couple episodes back.

Though you are right, I forgot the hostage part, now he can't do anything unless Loras, Margery and Cersei are in the same room and he orders his men to take them all at once.

Still, feels weird watching the rich and powerful being owned by bunch of nobodies. Tywin must be rolling in his grave.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #6686
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
But they are still untrained bunch of peasants with no armor, the weapons are useless if they face actual knights and the Royal Guard. Tommen the beta coulda just let his bodyguards kill them all couple episodes back.

Though you are right, I forgot the hostage part, now he can't do anything unless Loras, Margery and Cersei are in the same room and he orders his men to take them all at once.

Still, feels weird watching the rich and powerful being owned by bunch of nobodies. Tywin must be rolling in his grave.

Yup, Tommen could order his guards to make short work of them, but don't. Like when they were taking Margaery last episode, you could see Tommen signal to the kingsguard to do nothing.

Right now they are in a rock in a hard place because Cersei gave the Sparrow a title and let them do whatever they want. Now it's the church vs the crown. If Tommen attacks, he'll likely win, but at what cost? It might spike another riot and the hostages may die.

And Tywin, Joffrey, and Robert are rolling over their grave. Robert was a crap king and drove the kingdom into debt, but he wouldn't let this shit happen. He always look forward for a fight. Joffrey would end this as soon as they demean his authority and kill them all. Ghost Tywin is faceplaming at this whole thing. The White Walkers gott'a get to Kings Landing fast and so zombie Tywin would rule there.

Last edited by Micku : 05-25-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #6687
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Remember what the High Sparrow said. Through his actions and his followers they have the will of the populace on there side. At this point there is no guarantee that the the guards as a whole would slaughter them on the Kings orders. Often in great crisis, especially during the medieval/Renaissance times the people turned fervently to their religious leaders for salvation. Cersei is paying the price for her short sighted goals and vindictiveness.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #6688
longhornfan1234
National High School Star

Ramsey done fvcked up mentioning Jon is Lord Commander to Sansa.

Sansa's eyes lit up and she smirked after hearing about Jon.

Sansa or Theon will be writing a letter to Jon to come save her. Jon comes back after Hardhome failure to Castle Black, reads the letter, and prepares to rally the Wildings to Winterfell. For The Watch happens in the finale.

Last edited by longhornfan1234 : 05-25-2015 at 07:54 AM.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #6689
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Tommen could have ended it from the jump when the Sparrows guards wouldnt let himtalk to him. Send word back to the castle to bring the rest of the kingsguard and 200 city watch....fight their way up the steps...get Loras at the risk of them killing him first...but you get the Sparrow out of the way, kill his troops, and prevent his Queen and moms arrest. But at the time he didnt think it would go that far....

They just had Loras. He was just upset because Margery was.

Once they got her and his mom hes ****ed. They would just kill them once your army starts riding up.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #6690
embersyc
Lurker

I was waiting for the high sparrow to turn on Cersei, that part made the whole season (easily the worst season of the series so far) worth it to me.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: