Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #736
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

yeaa

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #737
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

season 2 casting

Quote:
Game of Thrones
Two Doctor Who alums are rumored to be in line for second season roles: Tony Curran, who played Vincent Van Gogh in the last series, and the Ninth Doctor himself, Christopher Eccleston. No word on who either will play - for what it's worth, the current speculation is that Eccleston would play either Stannis Baratheon or Balon Greyjoy. In any event, if Eccleston doesn't play a character who gets killed in heartbreaking fashion after a season or so, then it'll throw into question everything I think I know about Christopher Eccleston.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #738
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
season 2 casting

For whatever reason Christopher Eccleston seems too small to play Stannis Baratheon in my minds eye, and not old enough to play Balon Greyjoy. And I can't think of where Tony Curran's red hair fits in.

Maybe Davos The Onion Knight. Quorhin Halfhand. Even Mance Raider.

I will be really impressed if (in white):

We can go back to the feast at Winterfell with Robert Baratheon, and whoever plays Mance Rayder going forward is actually in the crowd playing his lyre somewhere, as he tells Jon Snow that he did. That would impress the hell out of me, but I can't imagine they looked that far ahead.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #739
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
For whatever reason Christopher Eccleston seems too small to play Stannis Baratheon in my minds eye, and not old enough to play Balon Greyjoy. And I can't think of where Tony Curran's red hair fits in.

la-de-dah

now that would be cool. makes we wanna download that episode and look at the scene again
Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #740
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
now that would be cool. makes we wanna download that episode and look at the scene again

On Demand ... I'm gonna try it tonight. At least see if there's a player floating around in there somewhere. Could be in the King's envoy as well when he pulls up.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #741
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't think he would be a big enough Stannis either but about havent read about baylon yet to know. He could do well as the king north of the wall, he has that certain quality to him. Unless his physical characteristics don't match.. Anyhow I am sure it will work out.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #742
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

We can go back to the feast at Winterfell with Robert Baratheon, and whoever plays Mance Rayder going forward is actually in the crowd playing his lyre somewhere, as he tells Jon Snow that he did. That would impress the hell out of me, but I can't imagine they looked that far ahead.

Deleting the white text on my iPad is a pain in the ass so sorry for nt deleting it.

For me Stannis has to be a huge almost barbarian looking guy. As far as a red haired character goes, what about that J'aq something guy who had red and white hair and was chained up with the guy with no nose.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #743
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Deleting the white text on my iPad is a pain in the ass so sorry for nt deleting it.

For me Stannis has to be a huge almost barbarian looking guy. As far as a red haired character goes, what about that J'aq something guy who had red and white hair and was chained up with the guy with no nose.

Jaquan is a perfect fit for that guy. That's a good guess.

Part of my problem is that I can't keep entirely clear anymore what comes from which book. I have a feeling that a second season could straddle book two and book three.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #744
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Jaquan is a perfect fit for that guy. That's a good guess.

Part of my problem is that I can't keep entirely clear anymore what comes from which book. I have a feeling that a second season could straddle book two and book three.
that's going to be a problem for the show. alot of the things that happen during the next few books occur at the same time. dunno how HBO is gonna handle that.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #745
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Questions in spoiler:

I read an Arya chapter last night that detailed an encounter in the dungeons where she over-hears two men discussing killing Eddard, which then she goes to him and he dismisses it. I can't remember that part in the show at all. Was that left out?

I should've done what Anti-Hero did which was watch the episodes after I read the parts in the book but It's kind of too late now. I am definitely going to rewatch the season after I finish the first book to properly compare.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #746
rezznor
Nosetradamus

it happened in the show. she was chasing a cat down into the cellars. it's where they showed the dragon skulls
Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #747
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

As for the mystery of who Jon Snow's parents are I think I found somthing that suggests Ned actually is his father rather then Rheagar as everyone has been saying. ill put it in white just in case.

When Qhorin Halfhand meets up with the watch he guesses who Jon Snow is because he looks like his father. this is the first time they ever met but Qhorin says he knew Ned. Unless Ned looked like his sister , I'm beginning to doubt the Rhegar theory.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #748
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As for the mystery of who Jon Snow's parents are I think I found somthing that suggests Ned actually is his father rather then Rheagar as everyone has been saying. ill put it in white just in case.

Nothing to see here, move along

In the book they talk a lot about colorings. Most of the Stark kids have Cat's colorings but Jon and Arya have the colors of the starks. Dark hair, bone structure etc... So Jon basically has the colors of the starks and that could have easily come from his sister.

Pete, I am right behind you. I am just about to begin Arya's chapter next. I failed at my two chapters by the end of the night. Also that scene does happen in the show, while she is chasing cats. It also shows her asking Jory if he would let anything bad happen to her father.

Just finished that chapter, I guess it's Desmond she asks not Jory.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 06-29-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #749
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

lalala

contrary to that the book says that jon looks like arya who looks like lyanna. either way, i think we will have an answer soon. GRRM mentioned that he may take steps to address that issue in the forthcoming book.

spoiler **i'm betting Howland is the one who reveals the truth since he's the only who was there that's still alive**
Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #750
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
In the book they talk a lot about colorings. Most of the Stark kids have Cat's colorings but Jon and Arya have the colors of the starks. Dark hair, bone structure etc... So Jon basically has the colors of the starks and that could have easily come from his sister.

Pete, I am right behind you. I am just about to begin Arya's chapter next. I failed at my two chapters by the end of the night. Also that scene does happen in the show, while she is chasing cats. It also shows her asking Jory if he would let anything bad happen to her father.

Yep, and then she goes and tells her father about it, but she's frantic, and she sort of shrugs her off, and then Yoren comes in. It's also when she gets stuck outside the city and the guards won't let her in because they think she's a homeless boy.

The books refer repeatedly to how Jon and Arrya look like Eddard. The long face they always refer too, in addition to the coloring. But Sansa and her friend Jayne Pool would refer to Arrya as Horseface because she had the same long face as Eddard, and Cate talks about seeing it in Jon as well.
Between that, and the burn playing so continuously well into book three, not that much happens, but they're constantly talking about him flexing the burnt hand and what have you, it's gonna take a little doing for Jon to be Rheagar's. I even think it's possible that he's a Barretheon, Robert's and Lyanna's. But the Barratheon genes are supposed to be so strong that it should be obvious.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: