Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #751
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yep, and then she goes and tells her father about it, but she's frantic, and she sort of shrugs her off, and then Yoren comes in. It's also when she gets stuck outside the city and the guards won't let her in because they think she's a homeless boy.

The books refer repeatedly to how Jon and Arrya look like Eddard. The long face they always refer too, in addition to the coloring. But Sansa and her friend Jayne Pool would refer to Arrya as Horseface because she had the same long face as Eddard, and Cate talks about seeing it in Jon as well.
Between that, and the burn playing so continuously well into book three, not that much happens, but they're constantly talking about him flexing the burnt hand and what have you, it's gonna take a little doing for Jon to be Rheagar's. I even think it's possible that he's a Barretheon, Robert's and Lyanna's. But the Barratheon genes are supposed to be so strong that it should be obvious.

Not all 'dragons' are immune to fire and those that show the quality of, are not immune to all fire, or so I read somewhere. I like the story plot of him being Rhaegars child but who knows how grrm will have it play out.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 06-29-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #752
al814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

al814 has an OK reputation so far

Man, rereading book 3 and it's tough knowing where it's going to lead me....

still awesome though lol.
al814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #753
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I'm right at the end of book two pretty much. I just finished the Tyrion chapter with the Maester and Pod. I should finish book 2 by tonight or tomorrow. At this point I have no clue how the book will end.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #754
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Not all 'dragons' are immune to fire and those that show the quality of, are not immune to all fire, or so I read somewhere. I like the story plot of him being Rhaegars child but who knows how grrm will have it play out.
yeah, in fact all the past targareans who tried to bring back the dragons with fire ended up dead
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #755
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm right at the end of book two pretty much. I just finished the Tyrion chapter with the Maester and Pod. I should finish book 2 by tonight or tomorrow. At this point I have no clue how the book will end.
snape kills dumbledore
Old 06-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #756
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
snape kills dumbledore
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #757
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I just finished book 2, can someone explain what's in white to me?

How was Bran dead but still alive? I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is that the Reeds shape shifted something to look like him. Is that what happened?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #758
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

awww man ! Tough break for the character in question. I can't help but read spoilers... I'm one of the few that probably don't mind.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #759
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was in such a groove last night before that 80 foot beetle tried to eat through my AC. 50 pages and I was ready for 100 more. I'm at like 460-470 or something.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #760
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I just finished book 2, can someone explain what's in white to me?

answer in white

before Reed and Theon left Reed had a bag of the kid's clothes and direwolf sigil. they murdered a villager woman who had 2 kids around the same age as Bran and Rickon and dressed them up in the clothes, then messed up their faces enough so noone will recognize them. so the truth is, Theon never really caught the Starks, he faked it so he doesn't look like an idiot for losing the kids.

the Maester knew that those weren't the real Stark kids because the legs on the body of the boy who was supposed to be Bran were still healthy, not atrophied like Brans were (since he can't walk)
Old 07-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #761
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I was in such a groove last night before that 80 foot beetle tried to eat through my AC. 50 pages and I was ready for 100 more. I'm at like 460-470 or something.

I'm just about to start that tyrion chapter. I read for 3 hours this morning.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #762
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
answer in white

Wing Wednesday at the Tilted Kilt rocks!

Damn it! I really want to read about Theon.. I have only half a book to go through and I can finally start.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #763
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #764
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Damn it! I really want to read about Theon.. I have only half a book to go through and I can finally start.
possible Theon spoiler *Theon will have some POV chapters in book 5*
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #765
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
possible Theon spoiler *...*
Didn't think he was still alive after Reek came with his soldiers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: