Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #781
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Brienne has been cast

huge girl with small tits, certainly looks the part

And big without being fat. She was gonna be a tough one. She looks the part. I just hope she can play it. It's an awkwardly shy, yet stubborn persona she has. She'll take a delicate touch to pull off, and it's not exactly the notion I get from looking at the pictures of that chick.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #782
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
And big without being fat. She was gonna be a tough one. She looks the part. I just hope she can play it. It's an awkwardly shy, yet stubborn persona she has. She'll take a delicate touch to pull off, and it's not exactly the notion I get from looking at the pictures of that chick.
She has been in a few movies, has had formal training, and is apparently a stage actress so I think she has some acting chops. The casting director has done a great job so far so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Gwendoline Christie is a British actress.
She graduated from drama school in 2005 and lives in London. Her striking height, 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m), motivated photographer Polly Borland to make her the subject of a noted series of photographs.[1]
Christie's theatrical career includes a performance as the Queen in Shakespeare's Cymbeline[2] and "standing out" as Lucifer in Marlowe's Doctor Faustus (2010).[3] On screen, Christie played supporting roles in Terry Gilliam's 2009 film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and in the BBC TV production The Seven Ages of Britain, among others. In July 2011, she was cast as the warrior Brienne of Tarth in the second season of HBO's fantasy TV series Game of Thrones.[4]
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #783
Thorpesaurous

I'm about 800 into book 3.

I hate these books now.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 07-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #784
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Almost 400 pages into book two already.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #785
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
I'm about 800 into book 3.

I hate these books now.
why? did you just get through the event?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #786
Thorpesaurous

They're filled with awfull people who require retribution ... and not enough people to dish it out.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #787
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I'm raping and pillaging book two. Already more than halfway done.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #788
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
They're filled with awfull people who require retribution ... and not enough people to dish it out.

those people will get theirs, don't you worry. I know alot of bad things have happened to good people, but the bad guys aren't safe either.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #789
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Hopefully I'll start book 4 tommorow. Been busy since I finished book 3. All these new view points that seem to be in book 4 have lowered my expectations for it. I think book 4 is just there to set the stage for an epic book 5. Whatever though, I'm going to read it anyway so I'm not behind with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
According to Martin, his manuscript for the fourth novel in the series had become too large to publish in a single volume. Rather than simply split it in half and publish it as essentially "Part 1" and "Part 2," Martin decided to split the book by character and location. Published in 2005, A Feast for Crows is narrated primarily by characters in the South of the Seven Kingdoms and in the new locations of the Iron Islands and Dorne. Characters in the North and across the narrow sea will be featured in A Dance with Dragons, although Arya Stark and Asha Greyjoy will appear in both volumes.[citation needed]

Approximately one-third of the published A Dance with Dragons will consist of material that had been written for the pre-split A Feast for Crows, although much of this has been rewritten by Martin

Last edited by Bano114 : 07-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #790
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
those people will get theirs, don't you worry. I know alot of bad things have happened to good people, but the bad guys aren't safe either.

They better. The moment that really got me:

The beheading of Robb and then the killing of the chained up Grey Wind and sewing of the head onto Robb's body and nailing the crown to it. Throwing the naked Catelyn into the river I wasn't happy with either, but the thought of the ambush on Robb before he got vengance for his father, and in the fashion he got it in, and then the desecration of the bodies. Just awfull. And the thought of the killing of the chained up animal. I'm not sure they can take vengance on the people who require it ... Walder Frey, Cersei, Tywin Lannister, Joffrey ... in a manner that will satisify me at this point. It must be Jon, Bran, Arya, or Sansa in some capacity, and it must be brutal, otherwise I'm not gonna be happy about it. It's not gonna cut it if it's Stannis or Danyrus for me. And there are other characters too that I'm not sure what I'm going to require of. Tyrion is likable in spite of his deviousness, and more than that, has displayed countless redeemable qualities. And Jamie will be even harder to crack. He's been through the ringer, and his background makes him somewhat sympathetic, and he has now begun to show some redeamable qualities ... but he's going to have to pay for throwing Bran from the window in some capacity. Maybe his loosing his hand will be enough. But those others are going to have to suffer ... particularly Walder Frey and Joffrey.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #791
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Quote:

Winter is coming.

It's amazing to think all this waring and deceit won't even matter once the snow piles up.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #792
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
Winter is coming.

It's amazing to think all this waring and deceit won't even matter once the snow piles up.

I might get Winter Is Coming tattooed down my forearm.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #793
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
Winter is coming.

true enough. civil war in westeros, another army with dragons rising in the east, and yet noone is paying any attention to the real threat in the north except the nights watch.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #794
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Did anyone else notice in book 3:When Danaerys goes into the place where those Warlock things are and she has to walk through the place and find them that she see's a dead body with a wolf for a head with a crown on it's head? I hope I wasn't the only one who realized that because I wasn't as suprised when that happened to Robb.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #795
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Did anyone else notice in book 3:The Stark kids are werewolves

Yea, also, there were scenes from the past as well. There was one scene where she sees Rhaegar as well
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: