Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #826
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Just finished watching all 10 episodes.

Does anyone now when new eps will be out?
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #827
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Just finished watching all 10 episodes.

Does anyone now when new eps will be out?

Probably early next year? They start filming later this month I think.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #828
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Probably early next year? They start filming later this month I think.
That's later than I expected
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #829
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

THERE ARE SPOILERS IN HERE FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T READ UP TO HALF WAY THROUGH BOOK 3

Ser Amory Lorch - In my opinion should not be removed for any reason. His attack is what seperates Arya from Jahquin, and causes her to save his life, which becomes critical later. It also kills Yoren, which sets her off alone. Those are crucial. And he's listed in Arya's killing prayer. He's got to stay in my opinion. I suppose you could do that attack as Gregor, but then it makes less sense when he happens upon them later and doesn't recognize him ... I don't like losing him at all.

Xaro Xhon Daxos - He I could see being trimmed. So much of Dany's trials have been skimmed so far anyway. Maybe I'm more inclined to cut here than at Arya, because frankly ... I prefer Arya's story to Dany's which always feels like it's so disjointed from the rest of narrative at this point. But you could compress him with Pyat Pree.

Lady Donella, Wyman Manderly, Mors Umber and Hother Umber - Maybe not cut entirely. The whole Bran running Winterfell stuff could be stuffed into a ten minute sequence. And you sort of need Lady Donella in order to introduce Reek. It could be severely compressed. You can have these characters as little more than names of introduction and not much else.

Brynden Tully - The Black Fish is an absolute must. His relationship with Catelyn is way to rich. His role as Robb's coucil is crucial, he's next to Greatjon really in his relationship with Robb. And his relationship with brother, Catelyn's father, is also important. I don't see a good way to lose him, or a good reason.

Tanda, Falyse and Lollys Stokeworth - I do feel like they could be limited severely. But without Lollys' rape, who does Tyrion send Shae to to put her into hiding?

Big and Little Walder - I sort of feel like they can be crammed into the same small sequence that holds Lady Donella, Wyman Manderly, Mors Umber and Hother Umber. It seems to me you could do two 5-10 minute sequences of Bran running winterfell, and cover everything you needed to cover. Introduce the Reeds at the same time, and off you go. If you really wanted to leave them out, it would be easy enough and wouldn't hurt much. Although there fate does seem to be another straw on the back of the Frey/Tully-Stark relationship. And it is one of them who actually breaks news of the fall of Winterfell if I'm not mistaken, via a tyroshi sailor, but it's still him who begins the spread of the news south.

Thoren Smallwood - This I could live with being cut down too. Frankly, there's no shortage of characters in the Watch, so if you want to trim something there, it seems like a fine spot. It seems like his main purpose is to let The Bear tell him to shut it, but they've portrayed The Bear in the show in a manner in which that doesn't seem necessary. They'd be better suited saving the introduction of new Watch member on Quorin Halfhand.

Vargo Hoat - Again, I see no way to remove the goat from the narrative. He holds Jahquin for one. He terrifies Arya. He does later perform as described "one very important brutality in the third book". And more importantly, why? He's a great character. He lets you add someone with a lisp, always entertaining. His band of mummers are such a strikingly interesting group compared to units of soldiers identified by only the color of their capes. He's got Biter with him. He's also important later when Roose is attending the Tully wedding, and he's got Brienne. I can't see a good way to remove him, and don't know why you would anyway. (Again, maybe I'm just partial to Arya's story.)

Aeron Greyjoy- This one I sort of agree with. In fact, his whole purpose seems to be as a means to readress Theo's position back on his homeland, which is done clearly enough by his father shortly thereafter, and his sister. It seems to me that whole ride to his father could be taken out. You could even add those questions about how his relationship as asides to his bragadocio while the captains portly daughter is servicing him orally. Although his role could be more important down the line. Also, I love the Cleftjaw, so if you wanted to compress him into one character, that would be fine by me.

Craster - Probably as much as Amory Lorch, no way. Firstly, if for no other reason, he's the first tone of north of the wall that we get. We're spoken to about it as if it's filled with monsters on every turn, we've not really been introduced to any wildlings or Freemen outside of Osha. So he really sets the tone. Secondly, I'm not far enough into the third book to know just how important Gilly is to Sam, but I'm far enough to feel like she's pretty damn important. And too much has been invested by the show into Sam the character to bail on this. Thirdly ... the return to Crasters is crucial. It's where the shit hits the fan. How the hell are they going to work there way around that.

It seems to me the trimming should come in the length of tone. We don't need to see The Watch check every empty village. A simple Mormont to Jon "everything is deserted" could save fifty pages and three setpieces. We don't need the 3 chapters of courting Dany by Pyus. A simple show of interest in the dragons and a few flowery compliments to requests for engagements should suffice. She goes into that city and comes out with pretty much the same thing, nothing. Same goes for her trapsing across the red waste.

One bold prediction ... the girl who is Dany's handmaid who taught her the way's to please Drogo will not die as she does in the book. She'll be replaced by Irri or Jhirri. She's too hot, and they'll keep her alive if for no other reason than to have her get Dany off after she wakes from sleep after Mormont's kiss. Her Gif is too popular to lose that magic opportunity for the show. Hell, she's in the first season for all of 3 minutes, and her stradling Dany was the closing shot of the trailer. She must live.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #830
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can see Armory getting rolled into the Mountain

Lollys can be introduced for Shae and have the rape scene/riot ignored

They can skip or gloss over the first visit to Crasters but it is an absolute must that they return there after The Fist.

also, Hoat and the Bloody Murmmers need to stay to add more texture and flavor to the war. I agree with you on everything else.

Last edited by rezznor : 07-07-2011 at 06:56 PM.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #831
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

one thing i wanted to mention was that the writers did a great job of filling in background information. instead of just boring exposition, they had the stories told during sex scenes (Rose with Theon when she explained how he was a hostage, Rose in the whorehouse when Peter was telling her about his love for Cat, the slave girl in the tub with Viserious (sp?), Rose with the Maester.

alot of viewers are calling those scenes sexpositions with is brilliant What better way to keep a viewer's attention during the scenes then to have hot naked chicks in them

I think Rose was fleshed out (see what I did there?) just so she could fill in any blanks during sex scenes.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #832
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

The Goat is a must because...Jaime's gotta lose that hand somehow.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #833
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Tyrions last chapter in book 3....

Book 3 is definetly the best of all the ones I have read so far.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #834
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Already 200 pages into book two.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #835
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Already 200 pages into book two.

It's good that you getting through book 2 so quickly because I just finished book 3 from start to finish and all I can say is wow. This one blew the 2nd book out of the water in my opinion. While reading I kept thinking, that was crazy, there's no way anything else that happens in this book can top that, and then I would read on an something crazier would happen right up to the very last chapter. Even the epilouge holds a suprise. The book was amazing, that's all I need to say.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #836
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I think I'm reading it much faster because I don't already know what's going to happen like I did for the first one. It's all surprises for me now.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #837
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whoa ... I just got to a major moment in book 3, and I'm stunned. And not happy. Those guys are ****ing assholes. There better be some major cummuppance in these books at some point for some of these characters. You build up these characters in my mind so that I dislike them enough to crave retribution against them. It seems like I should've gotten some already, but instead it just keeps swelling.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #838
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Whoa ... I just got to a major moment in book 3, and I'm stunned. And not happy. Those guys are ****ing assholes. There better be some major cummuppance in these books at some point for some of these characters. You build up these characters in my mind so that I dislike them enough to crave retribution against them. It seems like I should've gotten some already, but instead it just keeps swelling.

Halfway through the book, right?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #839
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

Halfway through the book, right?

Give or take. The whole thing is really well written too. The bounce back between Catelyn inside and Arya outside is brilliant.

I'm gonna need a lot of people to get their due for me to feel satisfied when this is over.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #840
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Give or take. The whole thing is really well written too. The bounce back between Catelyn inside and Arya outside is brilliant.

I'm gonna need a lot of people to get their due for me to feel satisfied when this is over.
Yeah, I was shocked too.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: