Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #901
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I watched the first season of Mad Men and overall I liked it but not enough to start watching season 2. I thought half of the episode would be great while the other half would be boring dialouge.

Does it get better in season 2? If it does I might start watching it.

In the mean time I'm finnally going to start book 4 today, i'll let you guys know what I think.

Season one was hard for me, especially the first half. However, all the other season have been spectacular!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #902
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i've never seen it tbh

Ohh, did you see the reviews for A Dance with Dragons yet? On Amazon alot of people are saying it's better then AFFC but there is little forward momentum in the story . I hope that means the last 2 books are packed with major events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Season one was hard for me, especially the first half. However, all the other season have been spectacular!

Alright, I guess ill continue watching it after I finish the Sopranos.

Last edited by Bano114 : 07-14-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #903
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never seen Mad Men or Breaking Bad either.

Well BB I tried to pick up at the start of season three, and while it was obviously good, I was just too far behind to get hooked. I watched four or five episodes before losing it.

I'd like to do them both in the couple episodes a night on DVD method.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #904
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Well BB I tried to pick up at the start of season three, and while it was obviously good, I was just too far behind to get hooked. I watched four or five episodes before losing it.

Dude, jump on the BB train. It's without a doubt the best show on television. If you can get past the slow, plodding first season, you won't regret it.

One critic called it a modern dark western similar to Unforgiven.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #905
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Dude, jump on the BB train. It's without a doubt the best show on television. If you can get past the slow, plodding first season, you won't regret it.

One critic called it a modern dark western similar to Unforgiven.

Na. Game of thrones>>>>>>>>>Breaking bad
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #906
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsfan1992
Na. Game of thrones>>>>>>>>>Breaking bad

OK.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #907
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Ohh, did you see the reviews for A Dance with Dragons yet? On Amazon alot of people are saying it's better then AFFC but there is little forward momentum in the story . I hope that means the last 2 books are packed with major events.

Alright, I guess ill continue watching it after I finish the Sopranos.
havent read the amazon ones but other reviews i read were very positive.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #908
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Netflix it up before they increase the price.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #909
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

so i just watched episode 9. WTF is this show? this show sux!! i am just shocked they actually did that. I never read the books or even heard about the novels until i heard about this show. Thats like saying killing Tony Soprano in season 1 and expecting the sopranos to go on and be a hit. i really thought Sean Bean's character was who the entire novels were centered around.

fuccccckkkkkkkkk. Just the way they did the whole thing was unbelievable and definitely shocking.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #910
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

So I've been thinking in my head since book two: who would play the role of Stannis? And I've had ONE pictured in my head the entire time, I didn't know his name, I just remembered his face as an actor:

Anyways, so I just went to go search his name, and I couldn't think of it, so I put in 'Stannis Baratheon casting" and his name came up on a random website. So I searched "Mark Strong Stannis" and apparently I'm not the only one who envisioned him as Stannis

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...w=1600&bih=768

I just thought it was funny that I thought of this guy and so many other people have too.

To me, he's a perfect fit looks-wise. I couldn't picture anyone else playing him.

Also, I'm about 220 pages into book three, I shall read another 200 tonight and tomorrow, but I haven't been able to read more than 50-75 pages a night during the week, so this one will take me a while me thinks.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #911
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My wife bought A Dance With Dragons and is holding it as hostage til I get back to Australia. I love Amazon reviews. A number of these people should go into humor writing. They are hilarious.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #912
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Game of Thrones is the best series I've seen in years.

I just finished watching the first season,......and I'm not afraid to admit it, but I actually watched the first season over again a couple of days later.

I don't think I've ever done that before. There is just so much density to the story and the characters I had to go back and watch it again, and I picked up on so much more.

The acting is superb, the child actors are especially impressive.

I love the symbolism of the sygils(sp?) of each house (wolf-House of Stark, Lion-House of Lannister, Stag-House of Baratheon, Dragon-House of Targareyon) awesome stuff! You can see how each animal translates into the personality traits of each house.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #913
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Game of Thrones is the best series I've seen in years.

I just finished watching the first season,......and I'm not afraid to admit it, but I actually watched the first season over again a couple of days later.

I don't think I've ever done that before. There is just so much density to the story and the characters I had to go back and watch it again, and I picked up on so much more.

The acting is superb, the child actors are especially impressive.

I love the symbolism of the sygils(sp?) of each house (wolf-House of Stark, Lion-House of Lannister, Stag-House of Baratheon, Dragon-House of Targareyon) awesome stuff! You can see how each animal translates into the personality traits of each house.

And the Rose represents Loras and his gay love of Renly?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:12 AM   #914
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just finished the chapter in book two where Caitlyin meets Renley, the very end where Stannis finally makes his move had me like whoa
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 AM   #915
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I just finished the chapter in book two where Caitlyin meets Renley, the very end where Stannis finally makes his move had me like whoa

I've been at book 2 for about a week now, on and off. About 600 pages in, and that was crazy. I love how complex and layered the World Martin created is, even when it comes to religion. You see that clashing of old gods vs new gods, polytheism vs the new monotheism. Stannis is like the Constantine of Westeros. As for casting him, I'd go with Ian McShane:

Yeah, he's supposed to be bald, but so was Tywin Lannister. I'm sure the producers would let it slide.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: