Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #976
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
in the books the Mountain is like over 7 feet of muscle. too bad none of those WWE guys can pull off a convincing accent.

Kane would have been a decent choice, he even had his own movie... but like we said, awful actors.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #977
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Kane would have been a decent choice, he even had his own movie... but like we said, awful actors.
yeah. then again, I think the could conceivably find some huge British guy to play the role. The mountain doesn't really have much dialogue, he just needs to look mean and sadistic.

I don't even think he has 10 lines in the four books I have read
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #978
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It doesn't bother me as much as you guys. Just as long as they stick mostly to the book and not make up shit as they go along. So far, like I said a while ago, the only thing that has bothered me so far from the show is the lack of dream sequences [which get so much f*cking better in books two and three] and how they're portraying Jon Snow.

Spoiler:

If they don't do Jamie's dream where him and Brienne are fighting in the darkness, I swear I'm gonna slap the f*ck out of someone. It's the best dream sequence so far IMO.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #979
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Got Damnit! I want to read your spoiler soooo bad but Snow is my favorite character so far. I don't mind ruining most spoilers but I'm gonna resist this one.

The dreams are getting really cool though, just read about the frog kids with the green dreams and Bran. That sounds cool as f*ck. Currently on the Cat chapter in the middle of the book.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #980
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That spoiler isn't about Snow, It's about Jamie and It's not very spoilish if you wanna take a gander at it.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #981
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Got Damnit! I want to read your spoiler soooo bad but Snow is my favorite character so far. I don't mind ruining most spoilers but I'm gonna resist this one.

The dreams are getting really cool though, just read about the frog kids with the green dreams and Bran. That sounds cool as f*ck. Currently on the Cat chapter in the middle of the book.
the spoiler isn't about Jon, it's about Jaimie and brienne
Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #982
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
the spoiler isn't about Jon, it's about Jaimie and brienne

Oh, okay
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #983
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I just finished the Theon chapter where he meets his sister. I admit that I was just as surprised as Theon was

Funny thing about that chapter- when I was reading it I was annoyed that it went on so long, I was like 'why the f*ck did he commit so many pages to this ride between Theon and this random chick' then I was like

Got a few pages left in book 2, should be done tonight or tomorrow. And I trust the casting directors on the show completely, I'm sure they made the right choices. The first season speaks for itself, especially with the child actors.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #984
rezznor
Nosetradamus

i wonder if GRRM has any plans for Rickon. he does almost nothing in the books and barely even shows up in the show. I wouldn't mind if he gets killed off to for some more angst
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #985
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
i wonder if GRRM has any plans for Rickon. he does almost nothing in the books and barely even shows up in the show. I wouldn't mind if he gets killed off to for some more angst

Rickon should become some kind of savage knight/sellsword who in the end becomes the King of the 7 kingdoms.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #986
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Spoiler question:

Did anyone think it was weird how fast Jon Snow got back to the wall when he took off on horse? It was like three lines later and he was on a table getting talking to Pyp. Compared to how long he was beyond the wall.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #987
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Rickon should become some kind of savage knight/sellsword who in the end becomes the King of the 7 kingdoms.

i have a feeling rickon becomes a bad guy if they let the kids age enough. he has already shown signs of being a bit crazy and his wolf too.

all the main houses have both good and bad members, seems like the starks should have one too. then again, ** they do have evil zombie Cate***
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #988
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Spoiler question:

Cersei catches Jaimie and Brienne in bed

not really, he just dealt with the arrow and then had an uneventful ride back to the castle. the wildings couldn't really catch him cause they had no horses and it was a bit chaotic with Summer still prowling around as well.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #989
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I'm just now realizing that I tend to look for inconsistencies when I feel like somethings perfect.

The thing about Jon Snow, the fact that I've seen Unforgiven over 50 times and get mad at the same scene every time while the other 98% of the movie is perfect.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #990
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

verylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation here

i need to order hbo
verylegit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: