Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #991
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by verylegit
i need to order hbo

Why the new account?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #992
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
HBO’s Game of Thrones, much like its sprawling cast, knows how to fill a room — and so it did at the San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday, letting slip with a few pieces of Season 2 scoop, a hint at what Season 3 won’t be like, much ruminating on ghastly deaths, and one response to the question of who is Jon Snow’s mother. Here’s a peek at the Thrones panel discussion.
* The casting of fan favorite Jason Momoa actually came from fans. The producers couldn’t find the right guy for the role until they stumbled upon a fan suggesting the actor on a message board. ““No offense, I hadn’t heard of you before,” said executive producer David Benoiff. “I hadn’t kept up on my Baywatch.”
* Why does author George R.R. Martin like to kill off beloved characters? “It keeps you on your toes,” he replied. “I want people emotionally involved in my story. … I want readers to be afraid to turn the page, not knowing who’s going to live and die.”
Season 2 Scoop: Thrones Casts Maester Cressen, Melisandre and Stannis
* Surveying Season 2, “Everyone dies, sorry,” Benoiff joked. “It was all a dream,” added Weiss before getting serious. The EPs promised lots of new characters like the Red Priestess and “bad stuff lurking north of the wall.” We’ll also “see those dragons and wolves start to grow up,” teased Benoiff. “It’s a season of exploration.”
* The Season 1 DVD and Blu-ray release won’t have any deleted scenes, sadly. “We didn’t really have any deleted scenes,” said executive producer D.B. Weiss. “We pretty much used everything we shot. It was an ambitious and challenging schedule.” But that doesn’t mean fans can’t expect some treats on the DVD release like Jason Momoa’s audition, featuring the “dance that won him the role.” EP David Benoiff pointed out that the dance wasn’t even in the actual scene, but Momoa went for it, ripping his shirt open before.
* If the show is lucky enough to get to a third season, it will not correspond with the books at that point, revealed Benoiff. It’s “too big to do in one season,” he explained. Whatever happens, the Battle of Blackwater will be in the show even if they have to collect fan donations to fund the epic scene. “We’re going to pass my hat around to get some extra contributions,” joked Martin.
* Does Martin feel pressure to give fans a proper ending and “not pull a Lost,” one fan asked. “I guess I am concerned about the ending,” he replied, who singled out the end of “Lord of the Rings” asa great ending. “I certainly hope that the ending will tie together. Hopefully, it will make some people happy. I’ve always been a fan of the bittersweet ending. I’ve said to people that’s what to expect.”
* Don’t ask Kit Harrington who Jon Snow’s mother is. “I have no idea,” he said. But he was more than happy to share his dream ending for the end of the book series. “I want Jon Snow to be on the throne. That’s the brilliant thing. It’s so up in the air. Who knows who’ll be sitting up there, who’ll be dead and who’ll be alive.”
Want Scoop and Spoilers Sent Directly to Your In-Box? Sign Up for the TVLine Newsletter Now!

Martin
Old 07-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #993
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Comic Con I/V

Comic Con II/V

Comic Con III/V

Comic Con IV/V

Comic Con V/V
Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #994
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Oliver Ford Davies is Maester Cressen
Old 07-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #995
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Just finished Book 2 last night. So much better than the 1st and that's saying a lot. Can't wait to see it on tv. I feel like it's so much easier to read after having a face to the characters from watching the 1st season.

Just watched the Comic Con clips. Jason Momoa (Drogo) is awesome. Pretty much everything he said cracked me up.

Last edited by clipse026 : 07-23-2011 at 04:27 PM.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #996
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

For such an honorable and noble man, Stannis sure does seem to like his dark magick.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #997
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Finished book three tonight [still need to read the epilogue], and I learned one thing through books two and three:

the Tully women are useless C*NTS. Sansa doesn't seem nearly as bad as she did in the first book. Not even close. It's easy to hate Lysa Tully, but deep down Catelyn is much worse.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #998
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Finished book three tonight [still need to read the epilogue], and I learned one thing through books two and three:

the Tully women are useless C*NTS. Sansa doesn't seem nearly as bad as she did in the first book. Not even close. It's easy to hate Lysa Tully, but deep down Catelyn is much worse.

"Haven't read the epilogue" ... "The Tullyl women are useless C*NTS".

This will all make sense in 25 pages or so.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #999
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Went berserker on A Clash of Kings yesterday, only 200 pages left... Just finished Jon, where he lets the wildling-ette go. By the old gods and the new, I will have this finished today!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #1000
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

1000 posts and were not even close to season 2 yet.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #1001
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gonna start on a Dance with Dragons in a few days. you guys want spoilers, right?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #1002
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Gonna start on a Dance with Dragons in a few days. you guys want spoilers, right?

eh... I know too many.. I had read the name Roose Bolton a few times but never paid any attention to it... then I read he's the new head niggga in charge of harenhall so I go and look him up. I think nothing of it, until I find out his current title, which is 3 books ahead of me now It's hard not finding spoilers when you go to a wiki page or what have you.. luckily I am not that opposed to spoilers, the story is still fantastic.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #1003
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just picked up Dance today, along with going hardcover on all the other books. I still have 600 pages left in book four anyway, so I'm a ways off. I've slowed down a little.

Five books in hardcover cost me like 150 bucks.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #1004
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I just picked up Dance today, along with going hardcover on all the other books. I still have 600 pages left in book four anyway, so I'm a ways off. I've slowed down a little.

Five books in hardcover cost me like 150 bucks.

you probably could have found the first 4 in hardcover at second hand bookstores.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #1005
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Went berserker on A Clash of Kings yesterday, only 200 pages left... Just finished Jon, where he lets the wildling-ette go. By the old gods and the new, I will have this finished today!
That's how I felt. I sat at like 200-250 pages left for a few days and then decided to crush it last night in a little over an hour. Was well worth finally finishing and seeing how everything ended up. Trying to pace myself to not tear through book 3 with season 2 of the show still a while off.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: