Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #1006
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

I just read a Tyrion chapter but I think I misread something. Looking for some help here. Did Cersei grab the wrong girl thinking it was Shae she had kidnapped?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #1007
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

She thought Alayaya (?) was the woman he was visiting (and technically it was at 1st glance).
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #1008
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I just read a Tyrion chapter but I think I misread something. Looking for some help here. Did Cersei grab the wrong girl thinking it was Shae she had kidnapped?
yeah. cersei thought she figured out who tyrion's mistress was, but it was the wrong girl. remember, he would go visit the whorehouse, ask for one specific girl, then take the secret passageway to duck out and see Shae.

so cersei has no real hold on tyrion at all.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #1009
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yeah. cersei thought she figured out who tyrion's mistress was, but it was the wrong girl. remember, he would go visit the whorehouse, ask for one specific girl, then take the secret passageway to duck out and see Shae.

so cersei has no real hold on tyrion at all.

Gotcha, thanks guys... I had forgotten who Atalyayayayayya was, but that clears it all up!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #1010
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who can give me a short, spoiler-free, synopsis, that will encourage me to download and watch the first season of Game of Thrones??

My current summer TV lineup consists of: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Louie, Wilfred, Chopped, and Next Food Network Star.

Go.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #1011
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I just picked up Dance today, along with going hardcover on all the other books. I still have 600 pages left in book four anyway, so I'm a ways off. I've slowed down a little.

Five books in hardcover cost me like 150 bucks.

I sort of overdid it at the book store. I got Bill James' Popular Crime, a look at crime, and really the true crime genre, from a statistical perspective, from the Baseball Prospectus guy. One of the strangest side projects I can think of, but I'm a huge true crime guy and a bit of a stat geek besides.

Then I impulse bought The Red Market, a true crime book about the organ harvesting market. Another True Crime novel called Clueless in Connecticut about three seemingly unrelated vanished college girls in the 40s in towns surrounding where I live, all of whom disappeared while hitchhiking, yet were never connected. Then Deadline, a short paperback zombie novel. And Anno Dracula, about Queen Victoria in 1888 marrying Count Dracula, who then proceeds to feed on whitechapel, and then hunt for Jack the Ripper, which sounds rediculous yet entertaining.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #1012
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Who can give me a short, spoiler-free, synopsis, that will encourage me to download and watch the first season of Game of Thrones??

My current summer TV lineup consists of: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Louie, Wilfred, Chopped, and Next Food Network Star.

Go.

The mysterious death of the Hand of the King (the Kings right Hand Man) leaves King Robert to choose a new man to fill the vacant spot. When the King chooses a very honorable Ned Stark to fill the spot, Ned begins to look into the suspicious murder of the Former Hand who was a dear friend. What he finds is deep, dark and twisted and exposes the true corruption of all of those trying to take power in the 7 kings.

I'll write more later but I've got to go. Theres a shitload more story lines I could write about. That's just Neds.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #1013
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0659LL06

the hedge knight
the sworn sword
the mystery knight
a game of thrones
a clash of kings
a storm of swords
a feast for crows
a dance with dragons

all in e-pub format. just download a reader to view these books on your tablt, phone, or computer. i use calibre
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #1014
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0659LL06

the hedge knight
the sworn sword
the mystery knight
a game of thrones
a clash of kings
a storm of swords
a feast for crows
a dance with dragons

all in e-pub format. just download a reader to view these books on your tablt, phone, or computer. i use calibre

Thanks, just downloaded them.

I'm still early in book 4 though, been busy so I'm only reading like a chapter or 2 a day. Did you start book 5 yet? If you did how is it?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #1015
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Thanks, just downloaded them.

I'm still early in book 4 though, been busy so I'm only reading like a chapter or 2 a day. Did you start book 5 yet? If you did how is it?

yeah, just started last night. i'm 6 chapters in but i had already read 3 of the chapters previously when grrm released them as previews. so far so good. the prince of Dorne is an interesting new character and could be destined for big things.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #1016
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

This is my favorite show on TV right now. Just got done watching the first season can't wait for season 2. Even got my wife in to this!

Glad to see a thread ion it!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #1017
rezznor
Nosetradamus

a quarter of the way through the book and we finally meet a child of the forest!!

here is a quote that has me hyped

You will never walk again, Bran,” the pale lips promised, “but you will fly.”

Last edited by rezznor : 07-26-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #1018
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Just finished book 3....I am excited to see how it all comes out on TV.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #1019
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

What are the hedge knight, the sworn sword, and the mystery knight? Were these prequels he wrote?
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #1020
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
What are the hedge knight, the sworn sword, and the mystery knight? Were these prequels he wrote?

short story prequels starring dunk and egg. dunk is a hedge knight who ends up being the lord commander of the king's guard (duncan the tall) and egg is a targaryan prince who ends up as the unlikely king since the heirs ahead of him died or abdicated (aegon, maestre aemon's younger brother) .

they both died due to the tragedy at summerhall.
it takes place a few generations before the current stories.

Last edited by rezznor : 07-26-2011 at 09:20 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: