Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #1021
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

250 pages into book four wondering when the f*ck i'm gonna get to a lord snow chapter and low and behold there are none

but i noticed some samwell chapters later on, will i at least get to hear what's going on at the wall? snow is by far my favorite character, even when all the starks were living
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #1022
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
250 pages into book four wondering when the f*ck i'm gonna get to a lord snow chapter and low and behold there are none

but i noticed some samwell chapters later on, will i at least get to hear what's going on at the wall? snow is by far my favorite character, even when all the starks were living
no bran, jon, daenarys, or tyrion in book 4. that's why it was my least favorite.

book 4 is mostly events in king's landing and dorne. book 5 deals with the eastern continent and the wall and brings everything together
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #1023
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #1024
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I think I'm going to pick up the pace on Book 4 alottt because I can't wait to get to book 5. I cant say how many pages im in because I have it as an e-book but I think I'm farther then everyone else who's currently reading book 4.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #1025
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

I'm gonna burn my copy of ADWD now that Im done with it.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #1026
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I'm gonna burn my copy of ADWD now that Im done with it.

It was that bad? Alot of the reviews were positive that I saw...or are you making a Dragon joke?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #1027
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
It was that bad? Alot of the reviews were positive that I saw...or are you making a Dragon joke?
Its not that. Dont ask.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #1028
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Clearly his book is a wight walker
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #1029
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

A brief review:
It was a bitch to read when it came to Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Quentyn and even Arya's chapters. When reading them I felt like I was reading the same chapters all over again. I never thought I would ever find Jon, Tyrion or Arya's chapters ever boring or repetitive...
Dany was either mooning over Daario or acting like a bitch, her transformation back to the girl she was in AGOT and ACOK only made her previous development to a queen the more ridiculous. Jon's chapters were all about saving wildlings and Bowen Marsh's scowls. Tyrion kept being passed around from captivity to another one. Quentyn's plot line was useless as bulltits.Theon, Davos, Bran and Griff saved ADWD from becoming a disaster though.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #1030
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
short story prequels starring dunk and egg. dunk is a hedge knight who ends up being the lord commander of the king's guard (duncan the tall) and egg is a targaryan prince who ends up as the unlikely king since the heirs ahead of him died or abdicated (aegon, maestre aemon's younger brother) .

they both died due to the tragedy at summerhall.
it takes place a few generations before the current stories.

Aemon mentions egg a time or two.

I'm at 350 in book four, which is a little different than it was for me because I switched to hardcover and there aren't as many pages. But anyway:

Arys Oakheart just died.

I like the Dornishmen characters, the whole culture of it all, but something needs to happen up there other than them just griping about prince Doran. The Brienne stuff was starting to drag for me, but it got a good shot in the arm last night when she reached the whispers. And I'm torn on Arya in the house of Black and White. I like fiesty headstrong Arya.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #1031
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

I'm at 350 in book four, which is a little different than it was for me because I switched to hardcover and there aren't as many pages. But anyway:

I like the Dornishmen characters, the whole culture of it all, but something needs to happen up there other than them just griping about prince Doran. The Brienne stuff was starting to drag for me, but it got a good shot in the arm last night when she reached the whispers. And I'm torn on Arya in the house of Black and White. I like fiesty headstrong Arya.
Patience!

I'm reading book 5 now, I'm afraid of opening this thread and reading spoilers lol
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #1032
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Dont expect much from AFFC, its the weakest among the 5. Dorne people are one of my favorites as well. Book 3 spoiler in white:
Oberyn had mad swag!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #1033
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I have 15 chapters left and since I'm not going be reading when I go on vacation I'm planning on finishing this book up before the end of the weekend.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #1034
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

So I went on a huge tear and read a bunch of pages a few nights back but never finished off the book... Then all of a sudden Renly is alive?!!?!!? What the f*ck is going on here... gonna try like hell to finish the last 80 pages tonight. Will this be addressed by the end of the second book (Renly still being alive).
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #1035
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
So I went on a huge tear and read a bunch of pages a few nights back but never finished off the book... What the f*ck is going on here... gonna try like hell to finish the last 80 pages tonight. Will this be addressed by the end of the second book.

It's not really adressed for a while. I could explain it to you if you like.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: