Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #91
al814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

al814 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The Kingsguard consists of 7 most elite Knights in all of Westeros. They are sworn to protect the King with their lives so him killing the king whom he swore to protect is a major crime against honor and the scared oaths of knighthood. Additionally the knights of the Kingsguard are supposed to be not only highly skilled in combat but of great honor as they are looked upon with much respect.

yeah they haven't really gone into how important the Kingsguard is suppose to be. on the show they come off as random guards.
al814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #92
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reading the character bios was incredibly helpfull. I'm pumped to see Gregor Clegane. And I noticed Hodor during the lineup in the initial episode and wondered about him.

Reading about Aemon, the old man at the Wall, and Jorah Mormont, and his relationship with his father, Jeor, who is a higher up on the wall, which means he has a close relation with Benjen, but must be somewhat conflicted because of Eddard. And the history and relations of the Lannisters. Everything is even more interesting now, and I can't wait for it all to further unfold.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that there's a lot of grey area in the morallity of the characters. Eddard is portrayed as extremely honourable, but reading his background shows some darker sides to him, and to everyone, and the guys who come off quickly as the bad guys, like the Targyreans, read as more likeable when they're viewed as little more than exiled children having been run out of their home at an age when they would have known no better. The girl hadn't even been born yet.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #93
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cant wait for episode 4 tomorrow.

Maybe it has them questioning how trustworthy he could be? While he did kill a guy that they hated. The way in which he did it could be percieved as slimy. If he could knife a man in the back who is to say he wouldnt take that oppurtunity to do the same to Ned or Robert?

I could be offbase and maybe there is more to the story that we dont know. But thats just my guess. The phrase sticking a knife in someones back has never been a positive one. Maybe they feel he did it out of an agenda.
It's an honor thing. Jaimi was sworn to protect the king but he literally stabbed him the back so ed and robert cant respect that.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #94
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Reading the character bios was incredibly helpfull. I'm pumped to see Gregor Clegane. And I noticed Hodor during the lineup in the initial episode and wondered about him.

Reading about Aemon, the old man at the Wall, and Jorah Mormont, and his relationship with his father, Jeor, who is a higher up on the wall, which means he has a close relation with Benjen, but must be somewhat conflicted because of Eddard. And the history and relations of the Lannisters. Everything is even more interesting now, and I can't wait for it all to further unfold.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that there's a lot of grey area in the morallity of the characters. Eddard is portrayed as extremely honourable, but reading his background shows some darker sides to him, and to everyone, and the guys who come off quickly as the bad guys, like the Targyreans, read as more likeable when they're viewed as little more than exiled children having been run out of their home at an age when they would have known no better. The girl hadn't even been born yet.
remember that once they join the nights watch they forsake their former lives so old family ties are supposed to be broken. Their family it's the nights watch now

Thegrey morality is what makes this story so good.there are few real white knights or dastardly villains. Even the characters you hate right now will have their side of the story told and they will seem more sympathetic
Old 05-08-2011, 04:41 AM   #95
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

i met the dude who plays "khal drogo." can't believe how swoll he got, dude was like a tooth pick 10 years ago.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #96
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
i met the dude who plays "khal drogo." can't believe how swoll he got, dude was like a tooth pick 10 years ago.
He is playing conan in the remake
Old 05-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #97
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Isn't this supposed to be on right now?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #98
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
Isn't this supposed to be on right now?

I usually DL it online, i hope it airs though.

Has anyone watched the show Camelot? I think it comes on Starz and it's from the same creator of The Tudors. I watched the first ep and it's not bad. Has that one cop from Flashfoward. Amazing how recognizing an actor will keep you interested in a show.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #99
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I enjoyed last night. The Imp is a complicated character. He vascilates between being the most likable character on the show, to an insufferable little prick, pretty goddamned quickly.

I'm glad I got to see Gregor. Sort of a cheap way to flesh out the world having Littlefinger sort of narrate the backgrounds on characters, but there may be more here for them to do any other way.

It seems like the Queen isn't even trying to hide her contempt for the Starks, and I'm not sure why. She seems too smart to be so aggressive toward him.

It also feels like they stalled a bit to try to build pressure. They probably could have pushed to get more action into this episode. But I'm happy with how it played out.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #100
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The ending to last night's was awesome.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #101
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
The ending to last night's was awesome.

That it was. HBO has taken the occasion cliffhanger ending from The Sopranos, and turned into the formula for their writing. True Blood just ends each episode at the end of what's really the second act of a story, and so far, this appears to be running the same way.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #102
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Episode 5 looks like it will be really good
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #103
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I enjoyed last night. The Imp is a complicated character. He vascilates between being the most likable character on the show, to an insufferable little prick, pretty goddamned quickly.

I'm glad I got to see Gregor. Sort of a cheap way to flesh out the world having Littlefinger sort of narrate the backgrounds on characters, but there may be more here for them to do any other way.

It seems like the Queen isn't even trying to hide her contempt for the Starks, and I'm not sure why. She seems too smart to be so aggressive toward him.

It also feels like they stalled a bit to try to build pressure. They probably could have pushed to get more action into this episode. But I'm happy with how it played out.

I think she confronts him because he obviously doesn't care who is watching him. He tried sending in that guard to talk to the knight and when that didn't work out he just went and started questioning people himself. It seemed to me she just thought fu*kit if this guy is just gonna go blatently looking for me, I'll show him who he's dealing with.
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #104
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

King had me laughing whe nhe had all the freaks in his room. "I bet you smell of blackberry jam! Come here and let me smell it!"
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #105
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: