Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #1051
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

yeah, grrm left that kind of in the air, but it's safe to assume that the letter does indeed include that so i think you're right
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #1052
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

cat is by far the worst character in the series, she means well, but she literally f*cks everything up, she never did anything right

i hate her
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #1053
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
cat is by far the worst character in the series, she means well, but she literally f*cks everything up, she never did anything right

i hate her

She even makes poor decisions as a zombie.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #1054
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

When I first read Cat's chapters I thought her whole purpose was to give the reader sight to what was going on in the North. I didn't think she would be used for anything other then that, but yeah...she proved me wrong.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #1055
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yeah, that's kinda strange considering what happens after her meeting with him in book 2 is a fairly significant plot point. are they just going to film the dungeon scene without the bran/cersei dialogue?

btw, robb didn't marry his queen cuz he got her pregnant, that has never been confirmed. he married her cuz he fvcked her.

Yeah, the dialogue was lifted directly from the second book, right down to the discussion of the disgusting bucket of shit.

It hasn't been confirmed, but discussion of Jeyne Westerling's being pregnant has popped up more than once. It comes up again in book four when Jamie is sitting seige on Riverrun. When they're discussing the fate of the Blackfish, and Jamie's uncle Frey by marriage wants the Blackfish hung because so long as he's alive, even with the royal edict, he can make some kind of claim to Riverrun.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #1056
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, the dialogue was lifted directly from the second book, right down to the discussion of the disgusting bucket of shit.

It hasn't been confirmed, but discussion of Jeyne Westerling's being pregnant has popped up more than once. It comes up again in book four when Jamie is sitting seige on Riverrun. When they're discussing the fate of the Blackfish, and Jamie's uncle Frey by marriage wants the Blackfish hung because so long as he's alive, even with the royal edict, he can make some kind of claim to Riverrun.

You shouldn't read the white text if your not passed Jamies seige of Riverrun.

Didn't Jamie meet with Jeynes mom (his aunt) and she said something along the lines of she made sure Jeyne would not be having Robbs heir or something along the lines of that?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #1057
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
It's so fraught with drama and complication! First of all, Robb didn't know that Bran and Rickon still live, or that Sansa was never bedded. Secondly, it's a big question whether Jon could be released from his vows to the Watch, especially after becoming Lord Commander. Even if he could release himself, would he? He takes his vows pretty seriously ... honorable bastard! Finally, when Howland Reed learns of the legitimation ... well, he may have other relevant information about Jon's parentage.

I've thought about this as well. He has been given the opportunity, and he did turn it down. Now it wasn't under the same circumstances as him say being named heir by his much loved and respected half brother, whom he once fled the nights watch to join in war. But he did still turn down the seat as lord of Winterfell.

It's one of the things I'm most interested in finding out as we go along here, is what the reaction to Robb's proclaiming Jon his heir will be. And how will all the living Starks react to it.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #1058
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I went back and read the chapter in A Clash of Kings where Danearys enters the House of the Undying ones. It's rediculous how much is forshadowed in that chapter for future books. Check it out, it's her 4th chapter in the book.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #1059
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Just finished reading the red wedding.. that was some cold blooded ish.. Walder Frey gets this repaid I hope heh?
lets just say the already Freys weren't well loved before this, now they just made alot more enemies.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #1060
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I went back and read the chapter in A Clash of Kings where Danearys enters the House of the Undying ones. It's rediculous how much is forshadowed in that chapter for future books. Check it out, it's her 4th chapter in the book.
yeah been meaning to reread that chapter. pretty much any type of prophecy, story or song has something behind it that you should pay attention to.

i loved how mance was in the first few chapters of book 1 and we didn't even know it.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #1061
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Three or four chapters to finish the 5th book.
The last one's ending made me really angry.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #1062
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Three or four chapters to finish the 5th book.
The last one's ending made me really angry.

I'm loving book 5 so far but im still about 15 chapters from the time lines catching up from AFFC and ADWD. I can see where things could get frustrating though after reading Melisandre's first chapter. The end of that chapter was awesome though.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #1063
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Finished the 5th book, now I can read this thread's post without risk of spoilers
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #1064
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Finished the 5th book, now I can read this thread's post without risk of spoilers
Now you will have to listen to my endless bickering on how the book was a waste of years of my anticipation and how nobody went nowhere along with the god damn plot!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #1065
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
A question about ICE: Is A Song of Ice and Fire a collab between Waka Flaka Flame and Ice Cube?

Yeah thats where he got it from. The Lannisters descend from Valyria and came to Westeros after the Doom but there Valaryin Steel sword was left there. Tyrions favorite Uncle went to Valyria to re-claim it and never returned. Tyrion wanted to go with his Uncle when he was 16 but his dad didn't let him. So the Lannisters didn't have a prized Valyrian sword like most houses. Tywin was embarassed because even lesser houses had them and would not sell them to him for tons of gold. When Ice fell into his hands he had a golden opportunity and he took it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: