Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #1066
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Book four is so tough to get through when you don't care about almost all of the featured characters.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #1067
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Catelyn freeing Jamie with Brienne.

Yea man... her son is out there fighting the good fight.. and she releases the baddest mofo on the planet..

and yea when I read Jaimes chapter I thought maybe he was the one in Renleys armor.. I'm only just past Tryions chapter at the beginning of book 3. three chapters deep.
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #1068
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Book four is so tough to get through when you don't care about almost all of the featured characters.

Book 4 took me the longest to get through. I was reading like 2 chapters a day which is nothing compared to how many I read in book 3.

In my opinion the best characters to read are Cersei and Jamie. Cersei because this book exposes her for how much of a bad bitch she really is. Cersei is hands down the most manipulative, horrible woman character I have ever read. She makes Lady MacBeth look like a Nun. Jamie's chapters were great to me because it was interesting to see how much he matures as a character from book 1 to his last chapter in book 4.

And the last like 8 chapters so much is put in play that you can't wait to get into book 5. Some of the things being planned are so exciting that you have to pick up the next book right away to find out how things go down. I'm still early in book 5 so I couldn't say how they do.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #1069
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Book 4 took me the longest to get through. I was reading like 2 chapters a day which is nothing compared to how many I read in book 3.

In my opinion the best characters to read are Cersei and Jamie. Cersei because this book exposes her for how much of a bad bitch she really is. Cersei is hands down the most manipulative, horrible woman character I have ever read. She makes Lady MacBeth look like a Nun. Jamie's chapters were great to me because it was interesting to see how much he matures as a character from book 1 to his last chapter in book 4.

And the last like 8 chapters so much is put in play that you can't wait to get into book 5. Some of the things being planned are so exciting that you have to pick up the next book right away to find out how things go down. I'm still early in book 5 so I couldn't say how they do.
Jaime has taken a complete 180 in just the beginning of the book. He really cares about his legacy all of a sudden, and I'm willing to bet It's because of Brienne.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #1070
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Jaime has taken a complete 180 in just the beginning of the book. He really cares about his legacy all of a sudden, and I'm willing to bet It's because of Brienne.
you really have to HAND it to him
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #1071
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
you really have to HAND it to him

god that was awful

About 450 pages into book four. Finally an Arya chapter.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #1072
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
god that was awful

About 450 pages into book four. Finally an Arya chapter.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #1073
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm struggling with Book 4 as well.

Arya, who's been probably my favorite character, just feels off as this meek trainee.

I do agree that Cersei and Jamie are interesting. I've just spent so much time getting invested in all these characters, and they're just not here. No Jon, No Tyrion, No Dany. And all of a sudden I'm supposed to care about Victarion Greyjoy, whose actually pretty badass, but still. And all the early stuff with the Dornish was pretty cool, but again, I'm not invested in them.

My favorite chapter so far was the Sam chapter when he crossed paths with Arya. I love the moments when two characters perspective's cross, like the chapter where Jon and Bran are both in the Gift at the same time, and it's one of the best parts of the whole Red Wedding, that Arya and Catelyn are seeing it from different angles at once.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #1074
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I'm struggling with Book 4 as well.

Arya, who's been probably my favorite character, just feels off as this meek trainee.

I do agree that Cersei and Jamie are interesting. I've just spent so much time getting invested in all these characters, and they're just not here. No Jon, No Tyrion, No Dany. And all of a sudden I'm supposed to care about Victarion Greyjoy, whose actually pretty badass, but still. And all the early stuff with the Dornish was pretty cool, but again, I'm not invested in them.

My favorite chapter so far was the Sam chapter when he crossed paths with Arya. I love the moments when two characters perspective's cross, like the chapter where Jon and Bran are both in the Gift at the same time, and it's one of the best parts of the whole Red Wedding, that Arya and Catelyn are seeing it from different angles at once.
Victarion IS badass, the guy is T800 with daddy issues!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #1075
rezznor
Nosetradamus

cool video of GoT cgi

http://io9.com/5826980/one-video-rev...ms-of-westeros
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #1076
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Just read the Daenerys chapter in "A Storm of Swords" when...
She was going to sell Drogon to buy the army of Unsullied. And then Drogon burns the slave trader and she has the Unsullieds kill all the slavers. That was some crazy shit! Not what I was expecting and it was pretty awesome. I would love to see that scene done correctly on the show.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #1077
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Game of Thrones
Gemma Whelan, who has previously appeared in The Wolfman and Gulliver's Travels, has reportedly been cast as Theon Greyjoy's older sister, called Asha in the books but renamed Yara to avoid sounding too similar to the already-cast Osha. The character "defies the Ironborn traditions of her family, by commanding her own ship and leading men into battle, as well as having a penchant for axes." [EW]

British theater actor Nonso Anozie has reportedly been cast as the Qartheen merchant-prince Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

Quote:
As first reported by Westeros.Org, British actor Nonso Anozie will play Xaro Xhoan Daxos, a wealthy merchant who takes in Daenerys, the members of her khalasar (the Dothraki that stuck with her after the death of husband Khal Drogo), and her knight, Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glenn), and becomes an adviser of sorts.

i was expecting someone womanlier for Asha
Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #1078
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Asha cast is perfect and I still dont get the name change, Osha was never even called by name in the show. If we ask ppl here who have only watched the show I dont think anyone of them could refer to her by name. Even if thats the case, you dont change the name of a major character over a minor one and its not like the writers did not know Asha was gonna show up and are now stuck with that problem.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #1079
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

let me ask u guys a question. If i skip to where the HBO series ended where would that be in the books, and would i be missing out on a lot? i think this was maybe asked somewhere earlier in this thread but i'm not about to wade thru it, and it wasn't relevant at the time so i didn't bother to remember.

just sux reading stuff i already saw happened, want to get to stuff that is new.

thx
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #1080
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
let me ask u guys a question. If i skip to where the HBO series ended where would that be in the books, and would i be missing out on a lot? i think this was maybe asked somewhere earlier in this thread but i'm not about to wade thru it, and it wasn't relevant at the time so i didn't bother to remember.

just sux reading stuff i already saw happened, want to get to stuff that is new.

thx

Season one ends pretty much dead in line with the end of book one.

It's a pretty easy read though, and worth going through. You'll get a lot more detail out of the book, even though the show did an excellent job translating.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: