Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #1156
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
but word for word what they talked about was in book two. when he admitted to her about pushing bran out of the window and banging his sister.
yeah, that's kinda strange considering what happens after her meeting with him in book 2 is a fairly significant plot point. are they just going to film the dungeon scene without the bran/cersei dialogue?

btw, robb didn't marry his queen cuz he got her pregnant, that has never been confirmed. he married her cuz he fvcked her.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #1157
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yeah, that's kinda strange considering what happens after her meeting with him in book 2 is a fairly significant plot point. are they just going to film the dungeon scene without the bran/cersei dialogue?

btw, robb didn't marry his queen cuz he got her pregnant, that has never been confirmed. he married her cuz he fvcked her.

hmmm, i swear i thought i remembered a conversation between her and catelyn and a baby coming up...maybe it was her saying she wished she could give him an heir? i think that was it
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #1158
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
hmmm, i swear i thought i remembered a conversation between her and catelyn and a baby coming up...maybe it was her saying she wished she could give him an heir? i think that was it

That's what it is, I read that last week.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #1159
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i think they were just talking about giving him an heir. if it was known that she was pregnant then the child would be the heir to winterfell and there would be alot more talk about that given everyone thinks bran and ridonks are dead. instead, we get john as a potential heir (remember, robb did legitimize him before the RW) sansa/tyrion being the heir, and fake arya/bolton.

now, i'm not saying that she isn't pregnant, i'm just saying GRRM has yet to reveal whether she was or wasn't
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #1160
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ok, right, yeah i remember the conversation now, thanks for the reminders

i did completely forget about robb legitimizing jon, but how would anyone know? catelyn is dead [sort of] and robb is dead as well, wasn't that a private conversation between the two?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #1161
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
ok, right, yeah i remember the conversation now, thanks for the reminders

i did completely forget about robb legitimizing jon, but how would anyone know? catelyn is dead [sort of] and robb is dead as well, wasn't that a private conversation between the two?

didn't he write it down and send some of his bannermen north with the document? (after his conversation with cate)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #1162
rezznor
Nosetradamus

i found this

Quote:
In ASOS, before arriving at the Twins, (it's p. 527 in my hardback edition) after Robb tells Catelyn that she is going to be sent to Seagard, he says to his closest men, "One more matter. Lord Balon has left chaos in his wake, we hope. I would not do the same. Yet I have no son as yet, my brothers Bran and Rickon are dead, and my sister is wed to a Lannister. I've thought long and hard about who might follow me. I command you now as my true and loyal lords to fix your seals to this document as witnesses to my decision."

In this passage, he does not specifically say what is in the document, but we have to suppose that it is as he previously discussed with Catelyn, namely that he wishes to legitimize Jon and offer a deal to the Watch to release Jon from his vows in exchange for a hundred men. Of course, you never know ...

The witnesses would have been Galbart Glover, the Greatjon Umber, Jason Mallister, Edmure Tully, Maege Mormont, perhaps others.

Of these witnesses, there were at least a few survivors (not present at the Red Wedding). Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover were sent away with messages to Howland Reed. So, there are surviving witnesses that Jon Snow is now Jon Stark, heir to Winterfell and the crown.

It's so fraught with drama and complication! First of all, Robb didn't know that Bran and Rickon still live, or that Sansa was never bedded. Secondly, it's a big question whether Jon could be released from his vows to the Watch, especially after becoming Lord Commander. Even if he could release himself, would he? He takes his vows pretty seriously ... honorable bastard! Finally, when Howland Reed learns of the legitimation ... well, he may have other relevant information about Jon's parentage.

What's going to happen?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #1163
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
didn't he write it down and send some of his bannermen north with the document? (after his conversation with cate)

iirc the contents of the actual letter were never discussed, there was just the conversation between robb and cat, and i remember cat being against it [obviously]
Old 08-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #1164
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

yeah, grrm left that kind of in the air, but it's safe to assume that the letter does indeed include that so i think you're right
Old 08-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #1165
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
iirc the contents of the actual letter were never discussed, there was just the conversation between robb and cat, and i remember cat being against it [obviously]
What a dumb cu*t
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #1166
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

cat is by far the worst character in the series, she means well, but she literally f*cks everything up, she never did anything right

i hate her
Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #1167
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
cat is by far the worst character in the series, she means well, but she literally f*cks everything up, she never did anything right

i hate her

She even makes poor decisions as a zombie.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #1168
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

When I first read Cat's chapters I thought her whole purpose was to give the reader sight to what was going on in the North. I didn't think she would be used for anything other then that, but yeah...she proved me wrong.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #1169
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Yeah, the dialogue was lifted directly from the second book, right down to the discussion of the disgusting bucket of shit.

It hasn't been confirmed, but discussion of Jeyne Westerling's being pregnant has popped up more than once. It comes up again in book four when Jamie is sitting seige on Riverrun. When they're discussing the fate of the Blackfish, and Jamie's uncle Frey by marriage wants the Blackfish hung because so long as he's alive, even with the royal edict, he can make some kind of claim to Riverrun.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #1170
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, the dialogue was lifted directly from the second book, right down to the discussion of the disgusting bucket of shit.

It hasn't been confirmed, but discussion of Jeyne Westerling's being pregnant has popped up more than once. It comes up again in book four when Jamie is sitting seige on Riverrun. When they're discussing the fate of the Blackfish, and Jamie's uncle Frey by marriage wants the Blackfish hung because so long as he's alive, even with the royal edict, he can make some kind of claim to Riverrun.

You shouldn't read the white text if your not passed Jamies seige of Riverrun.

Didn't Jamie meet with Jeynes mom (his aunt) and she said something along the lines of she made sure Jeyne would not be having Robbs heir or something along the lines of that?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: