Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #106
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
King had me laughing whe nhe had all the freaks in his room. "I bet you smell of blackberry jam! Come here and let me smell it!"

Not to mention one of the girls was the sister of the Lannister guy standing guard by the door, so he had to listen to h.is own sister getting it on
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #107
al814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

al814 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Not to mention one of the girls was the sister of the Lannister guy standing guard by the door, so he had to listen to h.is own sister getting it on

Nah dude, it was just whores that the king was getting it on with. He was talkin about how the king is dishonoring her with whores while he has to listen to it.
al814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #108
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by al814
Nah dude, it was just whores that the king was getting it on with. He was talkin about how the king is dishonoring her with whores while he has to listen to it.

Ah ok ...wait a minute...dude is screwing his own sister?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #109
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yes'r
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #110
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
the queen is screwing her twin brother. they got caught in the act the first episode.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #111
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Helluva show so far. Took me 'till about mid-way through episode 2 to start understanding who is who and who is part of which family, etc. Kind of confusing, but very good show so far.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #112
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Helluva show so far. Took me 'till about mid-way through episode 2 to start understanding who is who and who is part of which family, etc. Kind of confusing, but very good show so far.
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...e681a0.pdf.pdf

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of.../guide/houses/

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Last edited by rezznor : 05-09-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #113
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Helpful =-)

Can't wait for episode 5. This show seems like it will be a good replacement while waiting for the next season of Spartacus.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #114
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kinda confused as to what Lord Stark was trying to investigate throughout the entire episode.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #115
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Kinda confused as to what Lord Stark was trying to investigate throughout the entire episode.

I think its to see if there was any foul play in the death of the former hand
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #116
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Stark suspects that Lord Arryn (his predecessor, the previous Hand of the King) was murdered and is trying to find out what information Arryn had that would make someone want him dead.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #117
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Stark suspects that Lord Arryn (his predecessor, the previous Hand of the King) was murdered and is trying to find out what information Arryn had that would make someone want him dead.

Ahh I had a feeling. Thanks
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #118
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has not been impressing people

Lord Stark could've squashed all of the drama if he just sat the Queen down and was like "i accept your admittance you went too far" by making us kill the wolf, or something like that. He could have at least not been so confrontational against her knowing she has way more power than he does and been fake then worked against her behind the scenes. A lot of the stuff Lord Stark does is dumb to me. I also hate the idea that Lord Stark and the King are mad at the KingSlayer dude over him killing the mad king, when the mad king did stuff they should despise him for. the Kingslayer should be a hero for taking out somebody worse than all of them. stuff like that makes me crazy.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #119
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
Lord Stark could've squashed all of the drama if he just sat the Queen down and was like "i accept your admittance you went too far" by making us kill the wolf, or something like that. He could have at least not been so confrontational against her knowing she has way more power than he does and been fake then worked against her behind the scenes. A lot of the stuff Lord Stark does is dumb to me. I also hate the idea that Lord Stark and the King are mad at the KingSlayer dude over him killing the mad king, when the mad king did stuff they should despise him for. the Kingslayer should be a hero for taking out somebody worse than all of them. stuff like that makes me crazy.

Neither the Queen nor Ned Stark have shown much in the way of subtlety in dealing with each other. She could be playing dumb about what she knows about his snooping around. It's clear you're not gonna intimidate the guy.

I have similar issues with resentment of The Kingslayer as I said before, but as it was explained before, he only killed the mad king at the last minute when it was clear the revolution was going to win, so it was something of a cowardice act of frontrunning. And he's also got some obvious ambition for the throne.

Didn't get much out of John Arryn's former squire who was quickly knighted after his death? I was looking forward to Ned grilling him. I'm guessing that joust was rigged to kill him off. And now they have to explain to me more what the deal is with Robert's bastard son the steel worker, because Ned went and introduced himself, but he never really got anything from him.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #120
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
I also hate the idea that Lord Stark and the King are mad at the KingSlayer dude over him killing the mad king, when the mad king did stuff they should despise him for. the Kingslayer should be a hero for taking out somebody worse than all of them. stuff like that makes me crazy.
if you haven't read the books, then i should like to point out that the Kingslayer was part of the Kingsguard (kind of like the secret service) so that alone leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Imagine if one of the secret service killed the president. not to mention that the Lannisters (the kingslayer's family) joined them in the war when it was all too obvious they would win. right up until the last minute, the Lannisters stayed neutral. what makes it equally bad was that they were able to kill the mad king through treachery. they took the castle by treachery, not by force. Tywin Lannister, the then Hand of the King (and the father of the twins) arrived at the gate and the Mad King thought he was there to join their side, opened the gates and let the Lannisters in. that was when the Kingslayer turned around and killed the King he swore to protect. This, in a day and age when chivalry and honor is everything to men. You get this? And Ned Stark is the biggest uptight dick there is when it comes to honor and stuff. He's the sort of man who'll say, "Pick up your sword. I refuse to kill a man without sword," kind-of-guy. He's the sort of guy who'll see you as worse than scum if you broke your oath.

Robert (the present king) is mighty grateful for the Lannisters though for ending the war easily. His hatred of the Mad King is so great he'd overlook anything so long as it brought about the Mad king's downfall. if you notice, in episode 3, when he finds out Daenerys Targaryen (one of the last living descendant of the Mad king; the other one was Viserys - the one who sold his sister to get an army) was pregnant, he literally wanted to send out an assassin to kill both Daenerys and the unborn child. Ned (the ever honorable guy) dissuades him of this and they argue saying they are not into killing children (Daenerys is just 13 or 14 in the books) and unborn kids. In the sacking of the palace (in the war), the Lannisters killed the then queen and her children (a small kid and a babe) to prove to Robert they really were joining his side. When Ned Stark arrives in the palace, this grisly act leaves even more of a bad taste in his mouth. as you've probably guessed, Ned Stark is not into the killing of women and children, even if it is war. Robert, in his unending hatred for the Mad king and all Targaryen-related things (Targaryen is the Mad king's line) overlooks this grisly act and calls the Lannisters murder of the queen and her children as proof of their loyalty to him.

backgrounder: to understand Robert's hate of the Targaryens, you have to look back at the cause of the war. Robert is bethrothed to Ned Stark's sister, Lyanna. He loves Lyanna like the moon and stars, yada, yada. Rhaegar Targaryen, the prince, kidnaps Lyanna (a page right out of Troy). and of course, a war starts because of this. Lyanna dies before the rescue arrives and the rest, as they say, is history. Robert kills Rhaegar on the Trident River, and the Mad King is killed by Jaime Lannister. and since then, Robert will kill anyone named Targaryen.

all of this would be understood better if you read a bit of background (spoilers)
here

Last edited by Harion : 05-10-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: