Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #1261
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Who's perspective was that from?
Cersei's
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #1262
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Cersei's

Oh.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #1263
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wiki'd it... I wanted to see if there were more details to what happened.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #1264
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I wiki'd it... I wanted to see if there were more details to what happened.

You know enough to know that you can't trust someone else's perspective on stuff like that. You can barely trust first person perspective when it comes to death.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #1265
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
You know enough to know that you can't trust someone else's perspective on stuff like that. You can barely trust first person perspective when it comes to death.

This is true, but it was such a shock out of nowhere when I read it. And it wasn't even that he was dead it was how little detail was given about it.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #1266
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This is true, but it was such a shock out of nowhere when I read it. And it wasn't even that he was dead it was how little detail was given about it.
who's death are you talking about?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #1267
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
who's death are you talking about?

The Onion Knight
Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #1268
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Onion Knight
ahhh you still have to read book 5 right? me general rule is: don't trust any deaths unless you are shown the death first hand and there's a body. even then, don't trust them because they can always come back to life (unless they are missing a head... and that may not even be enough lol)

Last edited by rezznor : 09-16-2011 at 01:36 AM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #1269
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I swear I joined this site just for this thread alone. I'm on book 2 now and it starts slow but seems to be picking up. All I can say all of Tyrions chapters are crack.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #1270
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I swear I joined this site just for this thread alone. I'm on book 2 now and it starts slow but seems to be picking up. All I can say all of Tyrions chapters are crack.

Welcome to the site...

Book 2 seems to focus on Tyrion but while you're still on book 2 you should look out for a lot of foreshadowing. When I was reading future books I would stop at a part and be like...wait...wasn't that foretold in book 2? and go back and re-read the part. One chapter in particular to pay attention to is Danaerys in the House of the Undying.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #1271
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker

Welcome, book two is the t!ts!

Now for what I came in here for:

Jaime, how can you hate this guy? Okay the Bran thing was a total dick move, but I might have done the same. If someone was about to blow up my spot, maybe I'd have to kill someone. He totally 180's in book 4, and his explanations of the Kingslayer and how it's his biggest demon and probably his greatest act for the realm.. I as a human being with my past can relate to Jaime. He might be one of my new favorites behind the Lord Commander

Cersei, I can't hate her. The same way I never hate a lot of the 'heel' wrestlers. It's her gimmick to be this vile c*nt of a bitch.. and she is, even though she has her own reasons for being that. I hate Catelyn Stark waaaaay more than Cersei, Cat basically screws everything she comes into contact with.. I blame her for the King of the North being killed.. and she's so mean to Jon...(he's such a good dude) still she has her reasons for all these things too but.. I hate her anyhow.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #1272
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I can kind of dig/follow what's going on in Dorne, but not totally interested in it. On the flip side, I can't get enough of the Ironmen stories.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #1273
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

The Emmys are tonight. I'll try and post any Game Of Thrones wins on here but I'm not going to watch it because football is on. Here are some of the bigger awards Game Of Thrones is up for.

Outstanding Drama Series
"Boardwalk Empire"
"Dexter"
"Friday Night Lights"
"Game Of Thrones"
"The Good Wife"
"Mad Men"

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
"Game Of Thrones" - Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
"The Good Wife" - Josh Charles as Will Gardner
"The Good Wife" - Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
"Justified" - Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder
"Mad Men" - John Slattery as Roger Sterling
"Men Of A Certain Age" - Andre Braugher as Owen

I don't think Game Of Thrones will win Outstanding Drama Series with shows such as Boardwalk Empire (never watched), Mad Men (only saw first season, meh) and Dexter(my favorite show) to go up against. However, I do believe Peter Dinklage has a real shot to win Outstanding Supporting Actor. He was the actor that really stood out to me before I knew anything about A Song of Ice and fire and was basically just watching the show based on reccomendation.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #1274
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The Emmys are tonight. I'll try and post any Game Of Thrones wins on here but I'm not going to watch it because football is on. Here are some of the bigger awards Game Of Thrones is up for.

Outstanding Drama Series
"Boardwalk Empire"
"Dexter"
"Friday Night Lights"
"Game Of Thrones"
"The Good Wife"
"Mad Men"

I don't think Game Of Thrones will win Outstanding Drama Series with shows such as Boardwalk Empire (never watched), Mad Men (only saw first season, meh) and Dexter(my favorite show) to go up against. However, I do believe Peter Dinklage has a real shot to win Outstanding Supporting Actor. He was the actor that really stood out to me before I knew anything about A Song of Ice and fire and was basically just watching the show based on reccomendation.

Peter Dinklage better win!

I only started reading the books after I saw the show. Reading the books gives you a real perspective on how outstanding Dinklage is as Tyrion. He really brought that character to life.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #1275
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Outstanding Drama Series
"Boardwalk Empire"
"Dexter"
"Friday Night Lights"
"Game Of Thrones"
"The Good Wife"
"Mad Men"

Give Mad Men another chance (move on to season 2), it's really f*ckin' good!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: