Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #1351
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Hm, just started watching the TV show.

It's good, just as I've expected. The acting is phenomenal. Though, like others, I'm a little unsure of Cersei's actress. Don't get me wrong, she's talented and a good actress but like others have complained, I don't think she fits Cersei's character well enough. She's too likeable even when she tries not to be.

*slight spoiler*
Watching the show and finishing up the last book, I do worry about how the story will end. I imagine that this next winter is supposed to last a generation. Does that mean there will be a time skip? Books 4 and 5 didn't really forward the plot and having only 2 books to wrap everything up seems a little sparse.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1352
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

a game of thrones comic

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2755945/24956825/

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #1353
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

What's the time frame? I really want something that shows a lot of Roberts Rebellion.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #1354
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
What's the time frame? I really want something that shows a lot of Roberts Rebellion.
just downloaded it, it's basically just the first episode of the hbo series. i wasn't that impressed. the cover art was alot better then the interior.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #1355
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
just downloaded it, it's basically just the first episode of the hbo series. i wasn't that impressed. the cover art was alot better then the interior.

Oh... I'll pass then. Thanks anyhow.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #1356
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Hey can any one tell me if A Dance with Dragons is worth buying or should I just pick it up a copy from the library?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #1357
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Hey can any one tell me if A Dance with Dragons is worth buying or should I just pick it up a copy from the library?

If you want to save yourself some money just rent it. If you like it or just want the complete series you can always buy it later.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #1358
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I just started book 3.

Is it me or is Catelyn Stark one of the most least likeable characters in the series? I know the Starks are the protagonists in the series, and she seems to be portrayed as one but that woman is downright annoying.

SPOILERS

-Her cruel remarks to Jon Snow after Bran fell from the building

"I wish it was you"

-Taking Tyrion Lannister hostage on a whim without proof and having many of her bannermen killed in the process

-Her constant questioning and undermining of Robb and her brother Edmure. Her constant weeping for Rickon and Bran when she could have returned there long ago after the North got their footing and were winning the war.

-Now she sets Jaime Lannister free, their main bargaining chip stupidly thinking the Lannisters are honourable enough to return her daughters to her. How stupid is she to trust the Lannisters?
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #1359
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
I just started book 3.

Is it me or is Catelyn Stark one of the most least likeable characters in the series? I know the Starks are the protagonists in the series, and she seems to be portrayed as one but that woman is downright annoying.

SPOILERS

"I wish it was you"

-Taking Tyrion Lannister hostage on a whim without proof and having many of her bannermen killed in the process

-Her constant questioning and undermining of Robb and her brother Edmure. Her constant weeping for Rickon and Bran when she could have returned there long ago after the North got their footing and were winning the war.

-Now she sets Jaime Lannister free, their main bargaining chip stupidly thinking the Lannisters are honourable enough to return her daughters to her. How stupid is she to trust the Lannisters?

Catelyn Stark is my least favorite character... And don't be so quick to hate on my boy Jaime. He's a good cat just misunderstood.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #1360
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
I just started book 3.

SPOILERS

"I wish it was you"

Catelyn is kind of a bitch and she does the stupidest shit. But yeah not everyone is what they seem in the book. I'd have to go with Cersei as the least likeable character, but enjoy book 3 it's non stop action.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #1361
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Catelyn is almost always disliked to a degree that I never felt while reading the books.

She's portrayed mostly as an overly concerned mother, so yeah she's a bit annoying, but she's flat out hated at times. And she frequently redeems herself. Sure she jumped the gun on Tyrion, and while she never fully trusts him, she does sort of come to his defense with Lysa after seeing that she is indeed batshit insane. Her decision with Jamie turns out to be vindicated. Her mistrust of one other comes to mind as being completely warranted. You can make the case that had Robb listened to Catelyn, the north wouldn't have lost the war.

I do completely agree however that her treatment of Jon Snow, right from the get go, it's not even something I developed over the course of time after coming to like Jon Snow, but immediately, her distaste for him is sort of unjustifiably bitchy.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #1362
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd like to point out for no reason at all just to be recognized that I was the first reader to hate Cat in this thread. I called her a c*nt 1000 posts back.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #1363
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Catelyn is almost always disliked to a degree that I never felt while reading the books.

She's portrayed mostly as an overly concerned mother, so yeah she's a bit annoying, but she's flat out hated at times. And she frequently redeems herself. Sure she jumped the gun on Tyrion, and while she never fully trusts him, she does sort of come to his defense with Lysa after seeing that she is indeed batshit insane. Her decision with Jamie turns out to be vindicated. Her mistrust of one other comes to mind as being completely warranted. You can make the case that had Robb listened to Catelyn, the north wouldn't have lost the war.

I do completely agree however that her treatment of Jon Snow, right from the get go, it's not even something I developed over the course of time after coming to like Jon Snow, but immediately, her distaste for him is sort of unjustifiably bitchy.

well meaning or not, she is responsible for most of her family's tragedies.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #1364
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well meaning or not, she is responsible for most of her family's tragedies.

Yes, but she also told Ned not to go to King's Landing (actually I don't recall if she did or didn't in the book or the show, I know they were opposites). She negotiated the deal with The Freys to get them across the river to start with when no one else could do it. She fought off Bran's attacker with her bare hands. And she warned Rob about trusting Theon.

She has more than a few positive moments even though she comes across as overbearing.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #1365
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

She also came back from the dead. That's got to mean something.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: