Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #1471
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #1472
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, great job with Margery Terrell.

I really liked it last night. I thought they handled the Imp's red herring plot exceptionally well. It was also split up in a nice fashion. Less bouncing around, and more of four distinct parts. Jon Snow. Renly/Cat. Imp. Arya. Nothing from Dany. It works best when they focus on different stuff episode to episode, rather than trying to move the entire story forward in a single episode, which means you get trimmed down sections on everything that wind up making less sense.

I like how they handled Margaery too. They made the gay angle front and centre which was kiind of surprising considering they its really only hinted at in the books. Adding the sexpositions to the show is a brillaint idea since it clears up a lot of back stories which people who haven't read the books. I agree the story is better served when they focus on 4 sotrylines instead of jumping all over the place. Things are really going to heat up in the next few episodes...
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #1473
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Love the ending, that Arya is a smart little girl (I haven't read the books).
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #1474
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Love the ending, that Arya is a smart little girl (I haven't read the books).

Yeah she's a great character. It's interesting to see how all the Stark characters progress now that they're separating. The conversation between Bran and his Maester (I forget his name) was great. I like that he mentioned the children of the forest.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #1475
FatComputerNerd
College star

I think it sucks that the Reed children aren't included, as they were pretty central to Bran's post-winterfell arc.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #1476
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
I think it sucks that the Reed children aren't included, as they were pretty central to Bran's post-winterfell arc.

I assume that's forthcoming.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #1477
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

it was alright episode, sort of like the last one. tyrion scenes are always great even if its just him talking, and it seems like he's on the Starks side more than Lannisters by his actions/behavior which seems odd, but i guess it shows he's more honorable than he is bias. i like how he played all of them to figure out the spies.

rest was bleh. they really need to start giving some warning before showing 2 dudes passionately going at it, was completely KO'd by that, had to turn the channel for like 5 secs. at least with True Blood i got my finger ready on the remote. that was not cool

i'd love to see some action with Jon Snow and them going out into the north wilderness...or even Arya. the rest of it seems a little stale.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #1478
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

Same boat as everyone else. Thought the episode was alright. Really liked the interaction between Bran and his Maester. It was nice to see Hodor, too. I really dug getting to see Yorens backstory and his sort of heroic ending. Not enough Gendry/Arya in this episode though, they're my favorite characters in the second book.

Really though the biggest thing I'm getting stoked about is seeing Jaqen and Arya develop their story arc starting next episode, probably.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #1479
FatComputerNerd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I assume that's forthcoming.

I don't think so. They would have already been around, and I think the discussions Bran is having with the Maester about his dreams were had with Meera and Jojen in the books.

I also read somewhere that they are replacing the Reeds with Osha. Not sure if this has been confirmed or not.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #1480
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Who was the gay dude overseeing that fight where the woman in armor won? I don't remember ever seeing him before.

Also, that episode sucked. As usual, absolutely nothing happened until the last five minutes (where something cool finally happened).
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1481
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

Yeah, there's definitely still some time to introduce the Reed kids, and I don't think they'd possible to omit. They have too much to do in the story. And in addition, I can't see the people running these shows passing up the opportunity to cast a hot young lithe athletic forest chick dressed up in fur and leather. And seeing how much they blew out the nearly imperceptible gay undertones into a full out sex addiction, it seems unlikely they'd pass up on the opportunity to cash in on the obvious stirrings a broken young soon to be man Bran has toward his slightly older companian.

Plus she's kind of a watered down Katniss Everdene, and I'm sure they'll try to play that up too.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #1482
FatComputerNerd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Who was the gay dude overseeing that fight where the woman in armor won? I don't remember ever seeing him before.

Also, that episode sucked. As usual, absolutely nothing happened until the last five minutes (where something cool finally happened).

Loras Tyrell, aka The Knight of Flowers, aka Queen Margaery's brother and King Renly's lover.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #1483
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, there's definitely still some time to introduce the Reed kids, and I don't think they'd possible to omit. They have too much to do in the story. And in addition, I can't see the people running these shows passing up the opportunity to cast a hot young lithe athletic forest chick dressed up in fur and leather. And seeing how much they blew out the nearly imperceptible gay undertones into a full out sex addiction, it seems unlikely they'd pass up on the opportunity to cash in on the obvious stirrings a broken young soon to be man Bran has toward his slightly older companian.

Plus she's kind of a watered down Katniss Everdene, and I'm sure they'll try to play that up too.

I would expect them to arrive within the next 2 episodes.

White text: Gotta get there before Theon anyway.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #1484
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i'd love to see some action with Jon Snow and them going out into the north wilderness...

Hang on.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #1485
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I would expect them to arrive within the next 2 episodes.

White text: Gotta get there before President Snow kills Gale.

Exactly. They should've appeared in episode one when Bran was doing his bland liege lord interviews, but I can see how they either would've been lost in the crowd, or it wouldn't have fit the tone they were going for of Bran being bored of being The Stark in Winterfell.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: