Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Promotion of Fake shoe sites

I'm all for people doing their thing and trying to make an extra buck but a string of you are coming on here and making like you're selling the real deal at a great price. That's ripping off the general public. So just to be ethical, please state that your product is not authentic.
But for the vote of the general posters what do you feel should be doen.

a) allow people to continue advertising
b) delete posts immediately

Sorry to post this but ISH is my people and I wouldn't want them to get ripped off unless they intentionally want to buy fakes.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Delete/ban dude. Most of us already know Eastbay is basically the 1 place you go online for authentic shoes. These guys are getting free advertising to basically 1000 people and they aren't even selling the real deal.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Delete/ban dude. Most of us already know Eastbay is basically the 1 place you go online for authentic shoes. These guys are getting free advertising to basically 1000 people and they aren't even selling the real deal.

Thanks BM, but you can't blame someone to want to make a quick buck. I'm really more concerned that they're not doing it in an ethical manner. Veiwers should be warned that the products in the sites are fake. But if the general consensus on this board is the delete, it shall be done. Jeff, PM me on what you think. Or post on here.

BTW BM, you've been really active in the Kings forum. Exellent job!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:50 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks, I just try to get discussion started, post articles, and hopefully once the season starts my forum will have even more activity.

But on topic: I just don't see why ISH should let these guys promote their fake shoes. Also have a question about this:

Could ISH(Jeff) get in trouble if people find out that these guys are selling them fake shoes, and they wasted hundreds of dollars on them? I mean because they are advertising them on insidehoops, and it is false advertising. I'm no expert about this or anything but it's something I thought might be worth asking.

Yeah you can't blame them for wanting to make a buck, but they're selling fake stuff. They don't even contribute anything to the site by posting/doing other stuff. Not to mention it seems like it clutters the place up.

I dunno get some more opinions on this.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

As long as they clearly state that the shoes are not authentic then I say let them do their thing. I just really hate when people insist that their stuff is auth when they know it isn't. All of us on here know the difference by now so don't insult people's intelligence. I would be more likely to buy from someone who tells the truth. Sometimes I want a color that isn't made auth but I won't buy from someone who trying to lie to me.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

anyone who claims to be authentic and isn't deserves to be banned and posts deleted
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

just curious , what is so wrong with fake shoes, it's not like i have any but they look exactly alike and it's not like someone is going to examine your shoes. you pay less, too.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #8
TruthMHz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TruthMHz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
just curious , what is so wrong with fake shoes, it's not like i have any but they look exactly alike and it's not like someone is going to examine your shoes. you pay less, too.

Well, for one, Nike and other shoe companies spend alot of time and money on R&D for technology in the shoes we wear. Buying cheap poorly made fakes don't support this, you have talented people designing shoes to be knocked-off by some overseas manufacturer looking to make a quick buck. That's just unethical. Bottom line... fakes are fakes inside and out. Would you buy a fake Ferrari just coz it looked like it? Not taking into account the quality of the engine, parts and such? I wouldn't. It sucks to see so many people wearing fakes its sad.

There's a great article in Sneaker Freaker's Vol 8., where they interview Richard Stanwix, head of Brand Security for Nike. They go into the whole fakes issue. Look for it, it's really informative and shows a good prespective on why you shouldn't support buying fake shoes.
TruthMHz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthMHz
Well, for one, Nike and other shoe companies spend alot of time and money on R&D for technology in the shoes we wear. Buying cheap poorly made fakes don't support this, you have talented people designing shoes to be knocked-off by some overseas manufacturer looking to make a quick buck. That's just unethical. Bottom line... fakes are fakes inside and out. Would you buy a fake Ferrari just coz it looked like it? Not taking into account the quality of the engine, parts and such? I wouldn't. It sucks to see so many people wearing fakes its sad.

There's a great article in Sneaker Freaker's Vol 8., where they interview Richard Stanwix, head of Brand Security for Nike. They go into the whole fakes issue. Look for it, it's really informative and shows a good prespective on why you shouldn't support buying fake shoes.

Couldn't agree any more.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
shaqman
I brick open layups

shaqman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Promotion of Fake shoe sites

Quote:

shaqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Old 05-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

PistonsFan1119 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Very true and Its just not right to take someone elses logo and put it on a product that they dont make or even have anything to do with. These products are very poorly made and fall apart, There is another good article about it in the first issue of Sole magazine.
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #13
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Thanks BM, {b]but you can't blame someone to want to make a quick buck.[/b] I'm really more concerned that they're not doing it in an ethical manner. Veiwers should be warned that the products in the sites are fake. But if the general consensus on this board is the delete, it shall be done. Jeff, PM me on what you think. Or post on here.

BTW BM, you've been really active in the Kings forum. Exellent job!
Dude what are you really saying..... It is illegal to sale counterfeit shoes, so why are you condoning this....because that is what you are doing. Just because they tell people that they are fakes doesn't make it alright.

ISH needs to ban these d0uchebags that sell counterfeit shoes.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
As long as they clearly state that the shoes are not authentic then I say let them do their thing. I just really hate when people insist that their stuff is auth when they know it isn't. All of us on here know the difference by now so don't insult people's intelligence. I would be more likely to buy from someone who tells the truth. Sometimes I want a color that isn't made auth but I won't buy from someone who trying to lie to me.
It doesn't matter whether they state their shlt is fake or not....they are still breaking the law, and flooding a bunch of fake kicks on the market.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames
Dude what are you really saying..... It is illegal to sale counterfeit shoes, so why are you condoning this....because that is what you are doing. Just because they tell people that they are fakes doesn't make it alright.

ISH needs to ban these d0uchebags that sell counterfeit shoes.

People know my stance on fakes and the distribution of fakes. I've literally screened and deleted dozens of counterfeit sites already. Some do slip throught the cracks. But one thing you got to understand that this is still a public message board and it's primary category is basketball, shoes are a sub category and there is still a practice of freedom of speech. But I go by what the masses request and most have agreed with me to delete these posts.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: