Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The official NBA playoffs 2011 thread

^^ I'm not really sure how easily he would get such a contract with a lockout looming.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quick change of pace for a second:

bokes, we can merge threads now? whats going on here?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ I'm not really sure how easily he would get such a contract with a lockout looming.

Apparently they extended Randolph so I guess they're not terribly concerned about the CBA (I saw 71 million over 4 years in the NBA forum). I can't see them not matching anything other than a gross overpayment for Gasol. With Thabeet traded, I think their only other centre is Hadadi.

Fun playoffs so far. NO plays such a simple game on offense but it's hard to argue with the reasoning for using it given their personnel. 3 turnovers over a whole game is incredible.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #19
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Marc Gasol will easily make 60 million over 5.
And even that Memphis would match.

This.

Memphis cannot afford to lose Marc Gasol, unless they are not willing to go over a certain cap limit.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Quick change of pace for a second:

bokes, we can merge threads now? whats going on here?
We've always had the ability to merge threads. I just never really saw a use for it until today.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

Just saw this:

Quote:
As first reported by ESPN.com, the deal is worth a guaranteed $66 million with $1.3 million in possible individual and team incentives each season. The fourth year of the deal is a player option.
Randolph, 29, has been brilliant in two seasons with the Grizzlies. Since being acquired from the Clippers in 2009, Randolph has averaged at least 20 points and 11 rebounds in each of the last two seasons. He was an All-Star in 2010 and this season was the driving force behind Memphis' first playoff appearance since 2006. On Sunday, Randolph scored a game-high 25 points and pulled down 14 rebounds in Memphis' 101-98 win over top-seeded San Antonio, the Grizzlies' first playoff win in franchise history.
Within the last year, the Grizzlies have committed to deal worth $188 million to Randolph, Rudy Gay ($82 million) and Mike Conley ($40 million). The team still has to make a decision on center Marc Gasol, who will be a restricted free agent after this season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1JqKqFctZ

edit: I personally feel like signing Randolph to that huge extension means they might be forced to let go of Gasol. Or, they might have already pretty much made their choice.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-18-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #22
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Just saw this:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1JqKqFctZ

edit: I personally feel like signing Randolph to that huge extension means they might be forced to let go of Gasol. Or, they might have already pretty much made their choice.

Yeah, that's a possibility. I just think after assembling such a gritty team that has thus performed thus far without Gay, it'd be a shame to dismantle that frontline even though that would be a very expensive team that realisticaly, isn't a contender. Checking out their salaries though, they have Jaric and Battier's (I think he'd be a smart resigning) big contracts coming off the books so that may help flexibility.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah you're right, they might just overpay and keep him despite it potentially being a franchise crippling, Atlanta hawks type of move which keeps them as a perennial mid to late playoff contender for the next 5 years.

As for yesterdays games though, one more thing to add was Jermaine O'neal. He reminded me of why I loved the guy so much when he was in Toronto (at least when he wasn't injured). One leg, two legs, one arm, it doesn't matter, as long as he can walk he's gonna be tough, he's gonna rebound, he's gonna intimidate, and he's gonna block shots. He was the key to their game 1 victory.

And the Hornets, while obviously heavily relying on Chris Paul's dominance, also got some solid minutes out of Jarret Jack who was able to take on the point guard duties during the few times they were able to get CP3 out for some rest. Good to see some veterans getting a shot on playoff teams. Especially JO, he deserves it.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #24
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:
And the Hornets, while obviously heavily relying on Chris Paul's dominance, also got some solid minutes out of Jarret Jack who was able to take on the point guard duties during the few times they were able to get CP3 out for some rest. Good to see some veterans getting a shot on playoff teams. Especially JO, he deserves it.

I was really happy to see Jack have such a great game, especially since it's his first time in the playoffs. The Hornets finally have the ability to give CP3 rest. He and Paul really controlled that game. I'm pulling for the upset but I'm not too confident lol. Hopefully Aaron Gray is able to go, they really need his size.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

Once again, JO is dominating the defensive interior. Grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, intimidating. This was just the type of team a vet like JO needed.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #26
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Very interested in the Portland/Dallas game tonight. I picked the Blazers to come out of that series and they have the ability to throw a lot of interesting defensive matchups on Dirk. Kidd really bailed out the Mavs from 3 last game and apparently the ref has a history of screwing Dallas over (I think it's more coincidence though).
Old 04-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Melo with a hero's effort tonight. Billups out, STAT goes down, and all of a sudden it's Melo + scrubs vs the Celtics and Melo almost won it out single handedly. Tough loss. I wasn't going for the Knicks but I feel for them.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #28
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Melo with a hero's effort tonight. Billups out, STAT goes down, and all of a sudden it's Melo + scrubs vs the Celtics and Melo almost won it out single handedly. Tough loss. I wasn't going for the Knicks but I feel for them.

Melo was exceptional, but poor execution down the stretch by the Knicks eventually costs them the game. I don't understand why Jared Jefferies was on the floor, he has no offensive game at all, of course the Celts were going to let him have the ball and eventually fumble the ball. Poor execution by Mike D'antoni.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
bokes15
Playoffs!

Not to defend the move or anything but Jared Jeffries also had the rebound/put back that put them ahead in the final minute.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #30
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Very interested in the Portland/Dallas game tonight. I picked the Blazers to come out of that series and they have the ability to throw a lot of interesting defensive matchups on Dirk. Kidd really bailed out the Mavs from 3 last game and apparently the ref has a history of screwing Dallas over (I think it's more coincidence though).

At 2-16 with him reffing, makes you wonder.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: