Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Game 2 vs Pacers

This game tonight should be a different story right from the start. No way do the Bulls let the Pacers dictate the game as they did in the first one. Although it was a win for the Bulls their first lead came with 48 seconds, talk about getting things done in the last minute. Indiana played probably the best they'll play this series and the Bulls defense should be much more focused right from the start this game. In all reality this game tonight shouldn't even be close and should be at least a double digit victory. What happens though we'll see. Go Bulls, got to play better if you want to sweep!
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Game 2 vs Pacers

Boozer needs to dominate like he should. Seriously 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 turnovers and 5 fouls isn't getting it done. Especially when he's playing against Tyler Hansbrough.

20/10 should be expected from him, and he shouldn't be letting Hansbrough work him all game. It's the Playoffs, step up and be the inside presense you're suppose to be.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't care about Boozer's stats. He can pull a Bogans for all I care, as long as he can do his part in keeping Indiana at a low FG% in his zone.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boozer will have a huge offensive game tonight. Book that shit.

Contrary to popular belief, Boozer's a good playoff performer. Too many posters here love to troll about his last series, but let's not act like that was his only series. He averages 20/12.5/3/50% in the playoffs guys :P

Boozer is going to unload tonight.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Boozer off to a great start.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Poohdini does it again. Love the work on the boards as well.

Need to cut down on the turnovers, clean it up and it's still a sweep.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its gonna be tough in indy. But there will be some pressure on the pacers too
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Some things we need to be more consistent with if we really want to meet our ultimate goal, but what's most important is that were truly showing the will to win and getting these wins no matter what. Our players are hungry and want to be the best. That really sticks out to me that they are really leaving it all out there on the court and giving it all they have. We should sweep the Pacers but I could see each game being a difficult one. And I'd actually prefer it that way. It's the 1st round so it gives us an oppurtunity to work on a few things and set us up for the rest of the postseason. We plan on making a long run so we need to concentrate on one game at a time and just find ways to advance.

I'd like for us to get a sweep or win in 5 because I see the Orlando-Atlanta series going 6 or 7 games and a little extra rest after this series could only be beneficial. Plus it gives our coaching staff a little more time to strategize and plan for our next opponent.

Our guys want this. They're playing with alot of confidence and they believe in eachother and feed off of eachother.

Let's go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 AM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I don't care about Boozer's stats. He can pull a Bogans for all I care, as long as he can do his part in keeping Indiana at a low FG% in his zone.

Interesting take bec I always feel Boozer's main strength is his offense, ability to take high % shots, go to the line aside from his rebounding.
Taj Gibson IMO, is a much better defender bec of his quickness, higher vertical leap, better nose with the ball etc.
I have a bad feeling that the Bulls will bleed for points in Indi, Rose not getting the calls and some of his teammates settling etc.
They will need Boozer's offense badly IMO.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Interesting game 2 stats
Rose's 6 turnovers, Noah, Deng, Booze combing for another 10.
Noah's horrendous shooting, missing 8 of 10 close range shots.
Bogans' missed 4 of 5 WIDE OPEN shots.
Indiana shot a disturbingly higher 41.6% as compared to Bulls 35.7%
Foster shot 4 of 5, Dunleavy with 3 of 5, Price took 8 shots which netted 13 pts, Granger took 14 attempts enroute to 19 pts.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Interesting take bec I always feel Boozer's main strength is his offense, ability to take high % shots, go to the line aside from his rebounding.
Taj Gibson IMO, is a much better defender bec of his quickness, higher vertical leap, better nose with the ball etc.
I have a bad feeling that the Bulls will bleed for points in Indi, Rose not getting the calls and some of his teammates settling etc.
They will need Boozer's offense badly IMO.

Boozer provides an offensive threat, which is great, but the statlines will not matter if he is a liability and we lose. He'll be Kevin Love'ing us.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boozer is kind of pissing me off now. I keep trying to wait on him to explode for a huge game but he's not doing it. He got a lot of boards which is great, but he's gotta score too.

Pacers' frontcourt is okay but really isn't that great. I don't understand why Boozer is still struggling against them. He should be basically feasting on these guys.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Boozer is kind of pissing me off now. I keep trying to wait on him to explode for a huge game but he's not doing it. He got a lot of boards which is great, but he's gotta score too.

Pacers' frontcourt is okay but really isn't that great. I don't understand why Boozer is still struggling against them. He should be basically feasting on these guys.

I think Boozer is pretty short for a prototypical PF in this era. He is very graciously listed at 6-9 but it just seems to me he is 6-8 at best. He can get away with his lack of height against non physical PFs/centers like Pau Gasol and Bosh but IMO, he struggles with taller PLUS more physical guys like psycho Hansbrough. Carlos also has lost some quickness and vertical leaping ability over the years.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Boozer provides an offensive threat, which is great, but the statlines will not matter if he is a liability and we lose. He'll be Kevin Love'ing us.

I don't think he did a terrible job in game 2 defending. Hansbrough was 2 of 12. If he was indeed that bad, Thibs would not tolerate it and just simply bench him. What made it harder for them to win was how Price, Dunleavy made those low % perimeter shots imo.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I don't think he did a terrible job in game 2 defending. Hansbrough was 2 of 12. If he was indeed that bad, Thibs would not tolerate it and just simply bench him. What made it harder for them to win was how Price, Dunleavy made those low % perimeter shots imo.

He did do better, but my original post is from before game 2.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: