Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #46
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rick Adelman Fired

Top 3 coach in the L.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #47
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come to the Lakers! He would be a perfect replacement for Phil Jackson.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #48
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Come to the Clippers. And you can have your revenge, Rick, on the team that scammed you of a championship!
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #49
InYaoWeTrust
I airball my layups

InYaoWeTrust has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

Now, I know he isn't 'fired', he simply won't return next season as the Rockets coach, but damnit LEs Alexander and Daryl, why didn't you do everything to keep him? Hall of Fame coaches don't grow on trees.

Not so sure it wasn't more Adelman saying its over.

Alexander has gone all-in on Morey. He has made some great moves, but we are still waiting for the one to bring the rockets back to contender level. Its time to live up to his hype...

Good luck Adelman, hope you win one. Got the most out of the the most average players.
InYaoWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #50
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
That's bull shit. He's a great coach. Not his fault he gets hammered with injuries.

I agree with you 100%, I have the utmost respect for him!!!!
And who the hell do they think they will get who is better??????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #51
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Come to the Lakers! He would be a perfect replacement for Phil Jackson.

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! I didn't even think of that!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #52
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rick Adelman gone, no longer Rockets coach

Rick Adelman to Orlando Magic. Book it.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #53
Marikina
Decent playground baller

Marikina has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiye
You guys really this dense? His contract was up. He's not coming back to the Rockets. He wasn't fired.

Semantics. If they wanted him back, they would've locked him up a long time ago.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #54
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong waygilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Rick Adelman gone, no longer Rockets coach

lol @ people thinking he'd go to the Heat. Spoelstra is Riley's boy. He's not going anywhere for at least another season after this one. And then only if they have a serious meltdown.

Knicks are an outside chance if they meltdown themselves during these playoffs and D'Antoni is fired.

I'd love to see him on the Clippers. Young, raw, talented squad with a bonafide star in Griffin, but desperately in need of veteran, experienced leadership. Mo is helping out with this a bit. But a hall of fame coach like Adelman would do wonders for them. He'd be a great fit, and automatically make them a playoff team. Unfortunately, the decision is Sterling's, so the Clips are likely screwed and stuck with a 2nd tier coach in Del Negro.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #55
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina
Semantics. If they wanted him back, they would've locked him up a long time ago.

You realize the man has a choice in the matter, right? Maybe he just doesn't want to coach the Rockets anymore.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #56
Marikina
Decent playground baller

Marikina has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiye
You realize the man has a choice in the matter, right? Maybe he just doesn't want to coach the Rockets anymore.

Dude wanted to stay. His PLAYERS wanted him to stay. This reeks of past coach maltreatment, like Rudy T and JVG before him.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #57
Ariza4three
Hi BB, Hi Rose, Hi Jam

Ariza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Adelman didn't want to stay, and I don't blame him. He didn't agree with some of the roster changes Morey did during the season. (Battier trade, like macmac said). Adelman has hinted this several times this season. It's pretty simple really. Morey had a rebuilding mentality, Adelman wanted to win now. As a result he refused to play the younger players. Different long term goals that's all. Adelman did the best he could with a limited roster. Good luck to him, hope he wins a ring eventually.
Ariza4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #58
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Coach the Twolves
I bet he's looking for better roads to travel than his past ones.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #59
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InYaoWeTrust
Not so sure it wasn't more Adelman saying its over.

Alexander has gone all-in on Morey. He has made some great moves, but we are still waiting for the one to bring the rockets back to contender level. Its time to live up to his hype...

Good luck Adelman, hope you win one. Got the most out of the the most average players.

I dunno, there are articles that state Adelman and Alexander don't see eye to eye, but I for one don't see why. It may well be because Alexander wanted to tank and Adelman refused (and good for him). The thing I don't understand is why they would willingly let go of a HOF coach and let him walk away. AT the very least try and keep him, but no, instead Alexander and Morey let a HOF coach just go.

I also disagree he didn't want to play young players, if anything that's the only thing we have, young players, he's played Lowry, Budinger, Lee, even Hill, guys who actually want to play and willing to shut up and do as they are told, not like Williams who is talented but can't buckle down. The Rockets players (most of them at any rate) even went into the end of season interviews with the FO to ask for Adelman to stay. This is really a head scratcher, because we have built a team that can run Adelman's offense (Miller, Martin and Budinger especially, a system that maximises the talents of the players) ubt now we don't have the coach to implement it. I imagine that next season, the Rockets offense will still be quite good, but it will drop off if a defensive minded coach is hired (I'm thinking of post-JVG era, when Rockets were top in defense and decent in offense with Adelman coaching, mostly because the players would still follow JVG's defensive instincts while trying out Adelman's system).

I still don't like Adelman's departure, mainly because none of the free agent coaches have anything near his resume and I don't think we can get another coach that can be as respected by the players as Rick Adelman. When we are rebuilding, I think only then Alexander will realise how much a team with above average talent at best will suffer without a coach that can squeeze every drop out of a team.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: