Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Kombo
:)

Default Rick Adelman?

Rick Adelman and Houston have agreed to part ways, I want him.

I really like Adelman as a coach and think he is in the second teir of NBA coaches, with only Popovich and Jackson definitively better.

He says he wants to still coach, the problem does he want a roster that's more set in stone?

I personally think he'll want to coach a team with an established core. But at the same time money talks, will Gores make his first big move?

What do you guys think?
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rick Adelman?

We kind of do have an established core though. We just need to add a piece or 2 and we need the right coach to guide them.

Is Adelman that guy? I'm not sure. We have pieces that would fit his style, that's for sure. Guys like Rip/Ben(one of them),DAye and a passing big like Monroe are definitely talents he could maximize.

OTOH, my heart says Detroit should always be a defensive oriented team with a defensive oriented coach and that's not Adelman's style. So i'm not sure in the end. I'd much rather have Mike Brown or Jeff Van Gundy if available, but I'm not sure if they'd come.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

I'm glad someone started this thread because if they didn't I was going to Adelman is a definite upgrade from what we've had. He's always been one of the games better coaches. With that said I'm still 50/50 on him. I certainly wouldn't be upset if Joe D looked into it though. I don't want any part of Mike Brown. I really hope they don't go after him. I was never impressed with the moves he made. JVG I'd be 100% for. I just don't think he wants to coach necessarily. I think he's happy being part of the media.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

I don't really think he "made the moves" and I want Pistons teams to play like his Cleveland teams played. Sure having Lebron was the biggest factor, but getting to the Finals with the talent level of that Cleveland team was impressive. He had everyone playing had and executing their roles. He can make Kue his offensive coordinator! haha, kidding of course.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I don't mean moves as far as drafting, signing, or trading players. I mean moves as far as who he would play at certain times, plays he would call, etc. They had a lot of talent on that roster. I wasn't really impressed by the job he did.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: