Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #31
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation
Default Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
i still really want to see bargnani put alongside Carmelo- how much do you think the raptors would have to add to send bargnani and Calderon to ny for Amare? 2 1sts?
if Raptors keep Bargnani the target has to be pairing him with Nene

the best possible move the Raptors could do in this offseason (even tho I believe many won't like it at all on this board) is trading Ed Davis and filler for Iguodala, then sign a free agent C (Chandler, Nene, Jordan, Gasol, Dalembert).
That would be the best possible realistically obtainable roster if you want to win now. Otherwise just blow it up, keep on sucking and hope to luck out in the draft.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #32
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
the best possible move the Raptors could do in this offseason (even tho I believe many won't like it at all on this board) is trading Ed Davis and filler for Iguodala, then sign a free agent C (Chandler, Nene, Jordan, Gasol, Dalembert).
That would be the best possible realistically obtainable roster if you want to win now. Otherwise just blow it up, keep on sucking and hope to luck out in the draft.

If by "win now" you mean mortgage the future to squeak into the playoffs and then get pwned ala Philly then sure, great move. Otherwise I'll take the latter option of blowing this thing to hell.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #33
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
If by "win now" you mean mortgage the future to squeak into the playoffs and then get pwned ala Philly then sure, great move. Otherwise I'll take the latter option of blowing this thing to hell.

Personally, I'd rather have multiple playoff seasons that accept the risk of being in the lottery for years, because even with high picks success is not guaranteed, just look at Minnesota. But I can understand people that feel otherwise.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #34
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Same.

Getting Iguodala when Bosh was around, that would've made some sense. Now? No thanks. A team with Iguodala as it's best player and not a single All-Star behind him is not doing anything.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #35
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Same.

Getting Iguodala when Bosh was around, that would've made some sense. Now? No thanks. A team with Iguodala as it's best player and not a single All-Star behind him is not doing anything.

I don't think we as Raptors fans can call making the playoffs "not doing anything", since under our last franchise player we went to the playoffs 2 out of 7 years and got eliminated in the first round both times.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I genuinely think we'd be better keeping davis and trading bargnani, under the same idea as you have
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #37
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
I don't think we as Raptors fans can call making the playoffs "not doing anything", since under our last franchise player we went to the playoffs 2 out of 7 years and got eliminated in the first round both times.

Your assuming that team will make the playoffs.
Borderline (7-10th) at best.

This team needs a guy who can become a genuine star.
And I mean a player way better than bosh.

Really this draft doesn't even have a legit star.
Next years draft will have 2-3.
So hopefully we get a solid player this year and Minny and Cleveland significantly improve so we can get another shot at a 1-3 pick.

That is how it is done.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #38
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Adding Iggy does not make us make the playoffs.

In fact, there's nothing we can do for next year that will make us make the playoffs. Nothing. MAYBE the next year if things pan out ok.

P.S. Anyone know what draft lottery day is?
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #39
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

a week from now, on the 17th
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #40
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

draft good, get young players on your team and rebuild. Stop with this nonsense of signing one player after another hoping he will take us to the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed. I want us to rebuild for 2 more seasons while drafting very well. Thats how teams do it if you are not part of the mega market. Hell, the bulls are part of the big market yet they still kept it simple via the draft.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: