Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people
Default Blazers fans wanted the Mavericks. Well they got their wish.

Now they are experiencing the wrath of Dirkules.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Blazers fans wanted the Mavericks. Well they got their wish.

Dirk really hasen't been the difference. I think it's players like Peja stepping up from the bench today and Kidd having 18 points each game.

Blazers should have won Game one though, refs bailed you out. Tonight, you were clearly the better team. It all comes down to executing in 4th quarters to win Playoff games. We didn't. We never do.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
FF1
Serious playground baller

FF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
Dirk really hasen't been the difference. I think it's players like Peja stepping up from the bench today and Kidd having 18 points each game.

Blazers should have won Game one though, refs bailed you out. Tonight, you were clearly the better team. It all comes down to executing in 4th quarters to win Playoff games. We didn't. We never do.

Ya Dirk is only averaging 30+ points... and averaging like 14-15 in the 4th. Definitely not a difference maker.
FF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT

I don't get it. Your biggest lead in game 1 was 6 points. Mavs led basically all game. You got away with hacking the hell out of Dirk for three quarters that game.

Dirk has owned your squad completely in the 4th quarter.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Dirk's been sick. Rocky starts, but closing that shit out like a HOFer.

Jason Kidd and Pedrag though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i didnt expect peja and kidd to suddenly turn into their prime selves
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1
Ya Dirk is only averaging 30+ points... and averaging like 14-15 in the 4th. Definitely not a difference maker.
Have you been watching the games? Dirk didn't do much in the first 3 quarters in game 1. Kidd was the guy keeping the Mavs in it, and Dirk finished off the close game. Tonight, Kidd and Peja were helping Dirk a ton. Kidd has been the best Mav so far overall.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i didnt expect peja and kidd to suddenly turn into their prime selves

They are too focused on Dirkules. They are giving up wide open shots. The way to beat the Mavs is to let Dirkules get his and then shut down the Mavs 3 pt game. Because no matter what Dirkules is going to kill your team.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
The Decision
Banned

The Decision has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Now they are experiencing the wrath of Dirkules.

The wrath of 30% shooting in both games?
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
JoshCoward
I hit open layups

JoshCoward has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
They are too focused on Dirkules. They are giving up wide open shots. The way to beat the Mavs is to let Dirkules get his and then shut down the Mavs 3 pt game. Because no matter what Dirkules is going to kill your team.

Still series ain't over yet. It's good that we have 2-0 lead but we just protected our home court. Now we gotta go over there and get something.
JoshCoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 AM   #11
XSNiper
Banned

XSNiper has an OK reputation so far

XSNiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #12
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Decision
The wrath of 30% shooting in both games?

The wrath of beating the shit out of your team in the 4th quarter when it matters
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #13
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke is considered somewhat coolMavsPoke is considered somewhat cool

In the two home games so far the Mavs defense has been as good as what we saw early in the season that got our fans so excited. Early in the season we saw the Mavs lock down opponents in the 4th quarter with very effective defense. We saw some of that in tonight's game. I hope we can see more of it.

It's nice to see it in the playoffs this year.

The Blazers haven't been able to dictate the tone of this series at all. Since the Golden State series when the Mavs finished with the best record in the league, Mavs playoff opponents have had the Mavs on their heels trying to play to the other teams tempo.

So far I haven't seen the Blazers force the Mavs into anything uncomfortable. I am worried about the crowd in Portland. I am worried about the adjustments Nate can make to alter this series. The Blazers on paper appear to have the kind of lengthy athletic players that can give the previous Mavs playoff teams real trouble. So far the Mavs have been able to play their style. There were stretches in the 4th quarter where the Mavs were running set plays to perfection on offense. The Mavs were allowed to play their two man pick and roll game in the 4th that just has been so effective all season long and led to the Mavs winning a high percentage of close games. I didn't expect the Mavs to be able to do this in the playoffs this year. I looked for the Mavs to be put in uncomfortable situations and not to be able to rely on the two man game at crunch time. But the Blazers don't seem to be able to get the Mavs out of it and it killed them in the 4th. Dallas ate the Blazers up tonight because they were playing exactly how they like to play in the regular season. I did not see this coming.

We will see how things look on Portland's home court with their fans behind them.

Last edited by MavsPoke : 04-20-2011 at 03:09 AM.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #14
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's called serving court.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #15
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The wrath of beating the shit out of your team in the 4th quarter when it matters

oh owned
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: