Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #241
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is popular on this boardQuebecBaller is popular on this boardQuebecBaller is popular on this boardQuebecBaller is popular on this boardQuebecBaller is popular on this board
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Nuggets at Thunder, Game 2

I didn't watched the game but... why Earl Smith Jr and Birdman just played 6 minutes in game 2?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #242
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
I didn't watched the game but... why Earl Smith Jr and Birdman just played 6 minutes in game 2?
They were ineffective. The Nuggets weren't running any offense though, they were just 1 pass shoot, bring the ball up and shoot off the dribble, iso for Earl and it was not working. Then he got fouled once with no call and GK got a tech, then he just walked off the court and went back to the locker room
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #243
sprainedankle
I airball my layups

sprainedankle has no real reputation yet.

Great atmosphere last night! It's good to get a clean win and without 72 points from KD/Russ...I don't know what Karl is going to have to say to spin this one to a positive. lol I guess we have to win on the road now is the angle.

4-0 vs. Denver since both trades, including a win at Denver. The back court match-ups are just awful for Denver now when Gallinari is out & we have the size to even out Nene/KMart.
sprainedankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #244
sprainedankle
I airball my layups

sprainedankle has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
Because Maynor > Nate and Cook > Nate. Nate only gets garbage minutes.

I kind of thought he'd get some garbage minutes at the end, but I'm sure Brooks is just working for the future and that's not Nate. Let our young, developing guys get all the playoff minutes they can get. No reason at all to play Nate right now other than a courtesy. I thought it was pretty funny he was sitting in the first players chair after the coaches like maybe someone would see him and put him in, but then nothing. Gotta work for the future with a team this young.
sprainedankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #245
Notorious D.M.C
It was all a dream

Notorious D.M.C has an OK reputation so far

OKC THUNDER
Notorious D.M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #246
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm thinking an avi of Durant/Westbrook together and a message that says "STARS WIN TITLES" for Kurple. What do you think Kurple?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #247
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Denver packing it up?
Quote:
The Nuggets had a team meeting on Thursday and Smith said the team didn’t have “a pulse” as they regrouped at Pepsi Center.

“Just frustration, just really didn’t have any life in there,” Smith said. “No one was really into it.”
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #248
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

I understand what people were telling us about the lack of a superstar and someone who can takeover. I am 100 percent sure we would have won this series with Melo..not looking good for us.
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #249
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

I don't have the link to the article right on hand, but JR Smith is so mad he says he doesn't think he is going to resign with the Nuggets in the offseason
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #250
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't get me wrong, this was not a bad trade for the nuggets. For a star who wanted out, they got a bunch of young assets, enough to rebuild and if they are lucky, maybe snag a different star. But for the shortterm i always didn't get this thought that the Nuggets were better, especially in the playoffs. The way the Nuggets play is taylor made for the regular season especially in Denver, they tire you out, they play two sets of five, etc. The problem is in the playoffs you need go to guys, which they never established, and you lose the advantage of depth because you are playing your bench against the other teams starters, not the bench and because in the playoffs, some people always wind up getting shorter minutes because you can't ride out ineffectiveness. See JR Smith (being a total douche btw - does he think Denver wants him?). See Birdman. The two sets of 5 is benig wittled down to 5 starters and 2/3 bench.

I think this trade benefited both of us, but the Knicks got better short and longterm, while the Nuggets will benefit longterm ,more from the flexibilty than the abundance of players.

If this is going to be a series, Denver wins Game 3 going away. If they win BARELY they are going to lose Game 4. They may lose Game 3. If they win Game 3 handily then i think Game 4 will be there for them at the end. (Funny enough, its 100% the same situation i think the Knicks are in)
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #251
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

I think this trade benefited both of us, but the Knicks got better short and longterm, while the Nuggets will benefit longterm ,more from the flexibilty than the abundance of players.
Nuggets were better offensively and defensively after the trade.

Knicks were worse defensively, but better offensively after the trade.

You can't argue that. It's fact.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #252
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Nuggets were better offensively and defensively after the trade.

Knicks were worse defensively, but better offensively after the trade.

You can't argue that. It's fact.
in the regular season, sure. But we have been a ton better in the playoffs than we ever approached before. We are also rebounding now, which we didn't do before (which is part of the reason our defense is so bad, we get a stop, don't get the ball). As you are seeing in the playoffs, Gallo, Chandler and Felton are getting shredded. I think Felton would help right now (Defensively) but neither Gallo nor Chandler is any better defensively than Melo has been. Playoffs are all that matters.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #253
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Denver deff got better in the shortterm\longterm not sure how that's even arguable. We had ONE bad playoff game. We were right there in game 1, with included an admitted NBA mistake.

Nobody expected Denver to actually win, and the series is only 2-0.

How many times has Melo failed us in the playoffs? People are acting like Melo has went bizurk in the playoffs. Guy's had like what 2 good series with Denver? Inconsistent as hell. Remember game 6 against Utah last year?.

Doing the same thing NY is doing, without a max contract player. Denver with Melo? Our defense would revert back to completely awful and we'd have a play to make timely buckets. It's about the only thing were lacking.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #254
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Denver deff got better in the shortterm\longterm not sure how that's even arguable. We had ONE bad playoff game. We were right there in game 1, with included an admitted NBA mistake.

Nobody expected Denver to actually win, and the series is only 2-0.

How many times has Melo failed us in the playoffs? People are acting like Melo has went bizurk in the playoffs. Guy's had like what 2 good series with Denver? Inconsistent as hell. Remember game 6 against Utah last year?.

Doing the same thing NY is doing, without a max contract player. Denver with Melo? Our defense would revert back to completely awful and we'd have a play to make timely buckets. It's about the only thing were lacking.
In Game 1 you lost because no one could get a basket for you. (Yes i know there was a bad call but you had SIX more possesions, most of which were awful.) Game 2 you got run over. We lost our two best players so Melo had 42, 17 rebounds, played good D and almost willed us to victory with the JV as his teammates.

You really think you'd be worse off with Melo? Didn't you beat OKC with him? And are now 0-4 without him?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #255
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
I understand what people were telling us about the lack of a superstar and someone who can takeover. I am 100 percent sure we would have won this series with Melo..not looking good for us.
If OKC loses in 6 or less i'm on for another bet for the next Chelsea/Man U game btw.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: