Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #106
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,232
Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If the Knick announcers ever said "WE ARE LOSING" i'd crap on them too. You like homer announcers waving the pom poms. That's great. I do not.

Why would "homer" announcers bother me? Seriously? I'm I supposed to get heated over every little thing like that?

What am I, a 13 year old girl?
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #107
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,852
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Why would "homer" announcers bother me? Seriously? I'm I supposed to get heated over every little thing like that?

What am I, a 13 year old girl?
Apparently because you want your opinions sugar coated to be pro spurs. you also are getting on me because i don't like an ex spur "HOW DARE YOU HATE ON SEAN ELLIOT? HE'S ROYALTY!"

And i don't want to hear i hate him because i don't like Spurs, you are GOING to win this series, you are a much better team, and you are a real threat to the Lakers whose ON switch apparently broke. I'm not saying that.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #108
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team
 
SayTownRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,121
SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

sean elliott is the man not just because he's a legendary spur, but because of his sick one liners such as:

"he brought the appetizers and the salads on that one"
"he's wearing a deodorant that you might be familiar with... it's called slam"

the guy's pure entertainment when he's on a roll.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #109
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,232
Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Apparently because you want your opinions sugar coated to be pro spurs.

So you know. That's great. Sean's opinions are his own, his analyst is his own. As our mine.

There were more than a few times I thought to myself and said outloud: "Goddamn the Spurs are playing like sh!t. They ****ing suck right now."

Sean actually will say they same thing but in a more PG way. Well, maybe G way.

I honestly don't get your dislike for him.

He's witty, clever, funny, charismatic, entertaining, etc. All things a good color commentary needs to have. I mean, I guess he could be some monotone side kick with a speaking role every few minutes while the play by play man is center stage. But it wouldn't be the same fun broadcast us Spurs fans enjoy.

Also, he'll criticize the Spurs (in his own way) just as he tongue bathes them.

Quote:
you also are getting on me because i don't like an ex spur "HOW DARE YOU HATE ON SEAN ELLIOT? HE'S ROYALTY!"

Really? I couldn't care less if you like him or not. Please quote my disapproval of you disliking him because he's a former Spurs player. Please.

I didn't, so that should save you some time. All I did was explain why he'd use the term "WE" so much. That's it. You're free to hate the guy all you want.

Quote:
And i don't want to hear i hate him because i don't like Spurs, you are GOING to win this series, you are a much better team, and you are a real threat to the Lakers whose ON switch apparently broke. I'm not saying that.

Which is why I wrote the bold statement above.

Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid : 04-21-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #110
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,850
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Yeah, Sean Elliot is a piss poor announcer.

Most local ones are pretty shitty these days.

Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #111
Gotterdammerung
God-killer
 
Gotterdammerung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,293
Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Can't really say much about Sean Elliott as an announcer, but for my money, Chick Hearn was the greatest. And I'm no Lakers fan.

Besides the catch-phrases and the honest assessment of the team, he was sharp all the way to the end. Plus he would predict whether a shot would be flat/short/long before it hit the rim.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #112
MooseJuiceBowen
Banned
 
MooseJuiceBowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 987
MooseJuiceBowen has decent reputationMooseJuiceBowen has decent reputation
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

listen.

we could all careless if you guys dont like sean elliot.

his number is hanging up in the rafters so all you haters can eat a dick we love him
MooseJuiceBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #113
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,850
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
listen.

we could all careless if you guys dont like sean elliot.

his number is hanging up in the rafters so all you haters can eat a dick we love him
What does you loving him have to do with how effective he is as an announcer?

I love Magic Johnson, his number is in the rafters.. .but I know he'd be a shit announcer and don't want him doing it.

Pull your head out of your ass dude.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #114
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,852
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
So you know. That's great. Sean's opinions are his own, his analyst is his own. As our mine.

There were more than a few times I thought to myself and said outloud: "Goddamn the Spurs are playing like sh!t. They ****ing suck right now."

Sean actually will say they same thing but in a more PG way. Well, maybe G way.

I honestly don't get your dislike for him.

He's witty, clever, funny, charismatic, entertaining, etc. All things a good color commentary needs to have. I mean, I guess he could be some monotone side kick with a speaking role every few minutes while the play by play man is center stage. But it wouldn't be the same fun broadcast us Spurs fans enjoy.

Also, he'll criticize the Spurs (in his own way) just as he tongue bathes them.



Really? I couldn't care less if you like him or not. Please quote my disapproval of you disliking him because he's a former Spurs player. Please.

I didn't, so that should save you some time. All I did was explain why he'd use the term "WE" so much. That's it. You're free to hate the guy all you want.



Which is why I wrote the bold statement above.

Sean doesn't say the SPurs suck ever, not in rounadbout way, not ever. If they are down 20 he says "a 10 pt run here and we'll be right back in it". The SPurs are good, i've seen them play so many times - he is a total homer. When the Spurs score on a role and he says "WE ARE IN THIS!" it's irritating. No, you are not. YOU are retired. Parker, Duncan, etc. - THEY are in it. YOu are sitting and watching.

I'm sorry, he's awful. I get you like him because you personally like him. Like i probably can listen to Strahan ramble about the Giants, etc. But i know the difference between homer announcer fun to listen to and good announcer. Sean Elliot is awful. I'm sorry.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #115
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,232
Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Sean doesn't say the SPurs suck ever, not in rounadbout way, not ever. If they are down 20 he says "a 10 pt run here and we'll be right back in it". The SPurs are good, i've seen them play so many times - he is a total homer. When the Spurs score on a role and he says "WE ARE IN THIS!" it's irritating. No, you are not. YOU are retired. Parker, Duncan, etc. - THEY are in it. YOu are sitting and watching.

Geeze could you nitpick any more? When Doug Collions colored games he'd say the same stuff. "If so and so can get this lead to single digits before the half/4th they'll put themselves in a good position."

It honestly seems like you have a problem with the fact that he uses the possessive "we" a lot. So what? Fans say the same thing and I don't see you throwing fits in threads about that. If there's anyone in that arena that not on the Spurs bench who has the right to say we it's David Robinson and Sean Elliott.

You just seem to have your knickers all twisted up over something so petty and insignificant. Don't you have better things to worry about?
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #116
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,850
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Geeze could you nitpick any more? When Doug Collions colored games he'd say the same stuff. "If so and so can get this lead to single digits before the half/4th they'll put themselves in a good position."

It honestly seems like you have a problem with the fact that he uses the possessive "we" a lot. So what? Fans say the same thing and I don't see you throwing fits in threads about that. If there's anyone in that arena that not on the Spurs bench who has the right to say we it's David Robinson and Sean Elliott.

You just seem to have your knickers all twisted up over something so petty and insignificant. Don't you have better things to worry about?
I don't get what's so hard to see.

Even the hardest core Celtic homers know Tommy H is a terrible announcer... but they like him because he's a homer for the same team they are homers for.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #117
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,852
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Geeze could you nitpick any more? When Doug Collions colored games he'd say the same stuff. "If so and so can get this lead to single digits before the half/4th they'll put themselves in a good position."

It honestly seems like you have a problem with the fact that he uses the possessive "we" a lot. So what? Fans say the same thing and I don't see you throwing fits in threads about that. If there's anyone in that arena that not on the Spurs bench who has the right to say we it's David Robinson and Sean Elliott.

You just seem to have your knickers all twisted up over something so petty and insignificant. Don't you have better things to worry about?
it doesn't bother me. im arguing because you are acting like i have some sort of character issue because i don't like crappy homer announcing. Yes, i don't like the WE. He's an announcer, not a cheerleader. Cheerleaders cheer, act happy, are part of the team. Announcers talk about the team. He's a combination. I don't like it. Get over it.

BTW, you are acting like it's just me. Sean Elliot got killed by the national media last night because normally not everyone hears that. THey basically said waht i said. YOu like it because you are a SPur fan. i doubt you watch Celtic games and when their announcer goes off for 5 minutes befacuse he thinks everyone is cheating the Celtics you enjoy it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #118
MooseJuiceBowen
Banned
 
MooseJuiceBowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 987
MooseJuiceBowen has decent reputationMooseJuiceBowen has decent reputation
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

hahahaha you kids mad? you mad elliot calls lamar lamar kardashian?!?! LOL
MooseJuiceBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #119
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,852
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
hahahaha you kids mad? you mad elliot calls lamar lamar kardashian?!?! LOL
No, that's funny. I love you SN btw. Where the **** did you come up with that?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #120
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,850
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
hahahaha you kids mad? you mad elliot calls lamar lamar kardashian?!?! LOL
Everyone calls him that... what's your point?

Your boy Elliot is a terrible announcer and it's universally agreed upon by everyone except by the most biased, idiot homers.


Anything else you want to add?
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy