Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #31
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cam Newton Will Not Be A Franchise Caliber QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I really don't like any of the QB's in this class. I think some good be good starters and decent players but I wouldn't be spending a top 10 pick on anyone. This class is heavy at a bunch of positions and I'd want to grab a DE or DT that could be a key part of the future. Or even a CB to get a stud cover guy like Peterson who can be a playmaker back there for the next decade. The only QB I'd be willing to take a chance on is Newton in the top 10 and I'd take Gabbert at around 15 or so.
Don't get me wrong I think Peterson's the best OVERALL prospect in this draft, I'd go streaking if the Niners ended up with him at #7
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cam Newton will be an immediate favorite amoungst Madden players...cause he is a big black dude that can run a little...and he has a shady background

that's gangsta homey...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #33
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think every QB in this draft is overrated and teams that don't need one are going to benefit by actual good players sliding because of it. I'd put money on not a single one of them being a career starter. Maybe, MAYBE, Mallet.

And when'd Marlo become such a raging douche? Jesus Christ, a dude disagrees with you about a football player.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 04-25-2011 at 05:38 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #34
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I think every QB in this draft is overrated and teams that don't need one are going to benefit by actual good players sliding because of it. I'd put money on not a single one of them being a career starter. Maybe, MAYBE, Mallet.

And when'd Marlo become such a raging douche? Jesus Christ, a dude disagrees with you about a football player.
Same amount of time you've been a bucktoothed hillbilly. It's awfully annoying watching you give everyone the high hat.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #35
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Marlo is delusional.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #36
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

people still trying to discuss football in here made me laugh

StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #37
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Marlo is delusional.
and you're a total clown thats had his feelings hurt time and time again.

are you going to join another fantasy league and get embarrassed or just flat out quit? or have u conceded that i know more about football than you?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jesus Marlo lol. Why are you attacking everyone in here?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #39
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Same amount of time you've been a bucktoothed hillbilly. It's awfully annoying watching you give everyone the high hat.
C'mon, at least be original.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #40
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
C'mon, at least be original.
At least stop pretending you're some good doer that is so far above and beyond everyone that you feel the need to provide commentary when you aren't even aware of a lot of key facts. Look it's highly commendable that you take care of your grandmother and are a family man, I'm fairly positive your whole nice guy thing is genuine but at the end of the day your shit stinks like everyone else's.

Real Clowns Wear Green is quite possibly the biggest shitard that graces these forums when it comes to parroting other people's opinions or just pure homerism.

Everyone knows Carbine is a massive prick and completely void of a personality.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #41
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Jesus Marlo lol. Why are you attacking everyone in here?
Because it's my time of the month.

RMWG is a quintessential walking stereotype. It literally pains me to read his posts in here and in the NBA forum. The biggest failures occur when he tries to post in the OTC and he totally unintentionally makes a fool of himself.

Carbine at least knows better and sticks to the one thing that truly makes the days pass by.

Lebowski is a good guy but he's become jaded in the world of message boards.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #42
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Your saying he's stupid?
Your saying he isn't mentally tough enough?
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Don't know about his character issues, though there are certainly red flags when a blue chip recruit proves such a pain in the ass that a football factory sends him packing, and his family essentially admits to taking money to place him in a new school.

Don't know how smart he is, though he hasn't shown that he comes across well in unscripted, extemporaneous situations.

Don't know his personality, but I asked a few non-football fans to watch "Three for the Show" on ESPN and give me their opinions of the guys as individuals. Six did, and all six thought he came across as "self absorbed", "raging egotist", "douchebag", "interested only in Cam Newton", "a jerk" and "the only one of the three that never spoke about improving...just how wrong everyone was about him". I understand that there's editing involved, but ESPN has nothing to gain by making him look bad. Just thought it was interesting that the opinions of a half dozen people who knew virtually nothing about the guys all came away with the same impression. (ETA: The six were friends of my wife: 3 women, two gay guys, and a guy from England who watches soccer and stuff).

What I do know is that he has never dropped back from center in a game situation, and has never run an offense that wasn't setup for him to run if the first receiving option was covered.

I do know that he ran as much or more than he threw in college, and was pitifully inaccurate vs no defense at the combine, the biggest chance in his life to prove he could throw NFL routes.

So, based just on what I know, there's nothing about him that indicates he'll be a starting NFL QB. IMO, any team that spends a high pick on him is wasting time and money.

For the record, I feel the same way about using a high pick on Locker, Gabbert or any of the available QB. I see Mallett as the one most likely to start in the NFL successfully, and it looks like you'll be able to get him late first round.

Last edited by JMT : 04-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #44
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still don't understand the infatuation with Locker. Despite having all the physical tools and a lot of upside his numbers in college were very underwhelming.

619/1148
53.9%
7,639 yards
53 TD
35 INT
6.6 yards per pass attempt
16-26 record as a starter (3.5 seasons)

I know he was on some really bad teams at Washington, but a 16-26 record, a 1.5:1 TD to INT ratio, and a lousy 53.9% would really scare me if I was an NFL GM. Those numbers don't even scream 2nd or 3rd round to me, yet he's apparently a 1st round lock.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I still don't understand the infatuation with Locker. Despite having all the physical tools and a lot of upside his numbers in college were very underwhelming.

619/1148
53.9%
7,639 yards
53 TD
35 INT
6.6 yards per pass attempt
16-26 record as a starter (3.5 seasons)

I know he was on some really bad teams at Washington, but a 16-26 record, a 1.5:1 TD to INT ratio, and a lousy 53.9% would really scare me if I was an NFL GM. Those numbers don't even scream 2nd or 3rd round to me, yet he's apparently a 1st round lock.

Absolutely.

If you can't dominate college competition...and he didn't...the odds aren't good that you're an NFL player. Especially at QB.

Additionally, you don't learn accuracy in the NFL. I see people talking about him "sitting behind a veteran". You do that to learn the offense, the complexiyties and speed of the game, how to read defenses. Not how to hit a moving target.

Said it before and I'll say it again. There isn't a QB in the draft worthy of a top 10 pick, and I don't think there's any who should go before Mallett somewhere in the 10-15 range. Whichever GM uses a Top 10 pick on Newton will be looking for a job in 2-3 years.

I don't buy into the "1st round lock" talk, or basically anything that comes from Kiper, McShay, etc. Their sole job is to generate interest/viewers. No NFL team relies on a word they say. So they talk up QB and RB, because linemen and defensive players don't draw viewers.

But I am afraid this draft will be skewed by the inability to trade players, and some guys are going to go WAY higher than they ought to.

Last edited by JMT : 04-28-2011 at 12:30 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: