Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #811
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
My posts aren't directed at you sir. Just making accurate statements about Kobe.

I wouldn't do it if Lakers/Kobe fans didn't infest every single thread about Dirk.

The other part is that nobody claimed Dirk played well yesterday. Nobody did, but will the same people that made threads calling Dirk a choker do the same thing about Kobe?

Of course not. Just pointing out the double standard.

So deal with it. I do after every single Mavs loss no matter how Dirk plays.

Sorry, I was raging about the loss. Really frustrating that LA will be in another must win home game so soon in the playoffs against a team that should have been swept.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #812
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

To be fair, the only two laker fans that are complete annoying assholes about Dirk are branslowki and hulk hogan. They should seriously be banned from talking about Dirk or the Mavericks.

(They're probably not even from Los Angeles I bet.)
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #813
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Sorry, I was raging about the loss. Really frustrating that LA will be in another must win home game so soon in the playoffs against a team that should have been swept.

No problem. You guys are fine, it just sucks that this thing now might go 7. I worry about the Lakers not because I think they can lose in this round or next, but because the effort its going to take for them to win these games.

I hate to say it, but the best thing for the Lakers would be a series against the Mavs. We will get killed and we aren't going to physically challenge Kobe and Gasol the way the Blazers would.

Part of me just wants us to lose to the Blazers so I don't have to watch the ass raping that would be Lakers vs. Mavs.

I thought the Lakers would easily win the West at the start of the year, but the Perkins trade has changed that for me. That series would be epic. But I don't think any other team can beat the Lakers....only the Thunder can in my opinion.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #814
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey, on the bright side, Ron Artest has played GREAT. Yeah yeah I totally understand why people might freak out and say the Lakers won't be winning another championship... but they're healthy, talented, and if they play with a chip on their shoulder they'll be having another parade in June.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #815
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Wow, what a game from Chris Paul! That's what you call stepping up when it counts.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #816
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No problem. You guys are fine, it just sucks that this thing now might go 7. I worry about the Lakers not because I think they can lose in this round or next, but because the effort its going to take for them to win these games.

I hate to say it, but the best thing for the Lakers would be a series against the Mavs. We will get killed and we aren't going to physically challenge Kobe and Gasol the way the Blazers would.

Part of me just wants us to lose to the Blazers so I don't have to watch the ass raping that would be Lakers vs. Mavs.

I thought the Lakers would easily win the West at the start of the year, but the Perkins trade has changed that for me. That series would be epic. But I don't think any other team can beat the Lakers....only the Thunder can in my opinion.

Fuck you and your defeatist attitude.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #817
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

And they have the audacity to charge people to read the opinions of these idiots?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #818
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Fuck you and your defeatist attitude.

Sorry for giving my honest basketball analysis. Care to wager on the outcome of a Mavs vs. Lakers series?

I'll be happy to take your money.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #819
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime

And they have the audacity to charge people to read the opinions of these idiots?

Chris Paul OWNING the "experts"
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #820
Doranku

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

The Thunder are going to be a nightmare if we meet them in the WCF.

They're playing a Nugget team with half of the team giving up and planning their free agencies and might end up playing the Memphis f*cking Grizzlies in the second round.

Meanwhile, LA is looking a potential 7 game series against the Hornets followed by a possible grind-it-out series with the Blazers.

Ugh.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #821
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:

They're playing a Nugget team with half of the team giving up and planning their free agencies and might end up playing the Memphis f*cking Grizzlies in the second round.

Meanwhile, LA is looking a potential 7 game series against the Hornets followed by a possible grind-it-out series with the Blazers.

Ugh.

Yea. Its trouble. If Memphis somehow wins the series the Thunder are a lock for the WCF. And then its just a nightmare matchup. The Thunder have everything now. They have everything you need to win the title. Two elite players. Good shutdown perimeter defender. Good size up front. Good depth.

Lakers can beat anyone anywhere of course, but the path of Mavs then Spurs is just considerably easier than Blazers then Thunder in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #822
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Ugh.

Definitely gonna be their toughest road to the Finals the last 3-4 years (counting the '08 season). It'll be the most impressive and hard fought out championship if they in fact win it all; that much is for certain.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #823
prodnus
Pounding down low

prodnus has an OK reputation so far

Huge rack on Inside the NBA
prodnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #824
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Would you rather see the Mavericks or Lakers get and lose in the Finals?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #825
Doranku

Quote:
Yea. Its trouble. If Memphis somehow wins the series the Thunder are a lock for the WCF. And then its just a nightmare matchup. The Thunder have everything now. They have everything you need to win the title. Two elite players. Good shutdown perimeter defender. Good size up front. Good depth.

Lakers can beat anyone anywhere of course, but the path of Mavs then Spurs is just considerably easier than Blazers then Thunder in my opinion.

I agree 100%.

The only positive about playing the Thunder opposed to the Spurs is having home court advantage, but I still think the Spurs are an easier match-up. Spurs have no long defenders to guard Kobe like the other teams do (Wallace, Marion, and Sefolosha).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: