Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #826
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Mr Know It All has decent reputationMr Know It All has decent reputation
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
No problem. You guys are fine, it just sucks that this thing now might go 7. I worry about the Lakers not because I think they can lose in this round or next, but because the effort its going to take for them to win these games.

I hate to say it, but the best thing for the Lakers would be a series against the Mavs. We will get killed and we aren't going to physically challenge Kobe and Gasol the way the Blazers would.

Part of me just wants us to lose to the Blazers so I don't have to watch the ass raping that would be Lakers vs. Mavs.

I thought the Lakers would easily win the West at the start of the year, but the Perkins trade has changed that for me. That series would be epic. But I don't think any other team can beat the Lakers....only the Thunder can in my opinion.

You can't possibly really be a Mavericks fan with an attitude as negative as this. No true fan would say that he wanted his team to lose at the risk of losing to another team deeper in the playoffs. Yes the Mavericks blew a huge lead in Portland but they have still looked like the better team in that series, and let's not forget that if they pull it out Caron Butler could return which would give them an enormous lift.

Ugh, now I'm talking Mavericks in a Lakers thread.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #827
LAKERSRETHEBEST
I airball my layups

LAKERSRETHEBEST has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing
Yeah that pissed me off, artest could of went up made it and probably got an and 1

And then there was Pau who was given the ball by Kobe but he couldn't hold on to it and it goes out of bounds back to the Hornets.

Pau and Ron's mistakes really hurt us towards the end.
LAKERSRETHEBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #828
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Would you rather see the Mavericks or Lakers get and lose in the Finals?

Mavs for sure. I want us to win every game we play. I just don't think our team is remotely good enough to challenge the Lakers in a series.

If people would actually look at this roster, the would understand how we are nothing more than an average team and that we are clearly worse than the Thunder even though we got the three seed.

With a healthy Butler? I would feel totally different, but sadly we don't have him.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #829
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
You can't possibly really be a Mavericks fan with an attitude as negative as this. No true fan would say that he wanted his team to lose at the risk of losing to another team deeper in the playoffs. Yes the Mavericks blew a huge lead in Portland but they have still looked like the better team in that series, and let's not forget that if they pull it out Caron Butler could return which would give them an enormous lift.

Ugh, now I'm talking Mavericks in a Lakers thread.

I said part of me feels that way. I obviously want us to win every game we play.

Its called being realistic. We are who we are. We are a decent team that has virtually no chance to beat a team like the Lakers without home court.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #830
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

man, lakers always have to make things interesting
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #831
Blue_Dog45
Banned

Blue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm responding only to the Lakers/Kobe fans that call Dirk a choker. Thats it. If Dirk choked yesterday....Kobe choked today.

All I ask is consistency.

For the record, I don't really think Kobe played poorly at all late. He took what the defense gave him. Exactly like Dirk did yesterday. But people don't care about players getting doubled and tripled.....they want hero ball.

Which is fine. Just stay consistent please.

OK then.

Since that's directed at trolls I'm just going to let the trolls respond to most of that.

But I agree that neither Dirk or Kobe choked. Maybe they could've played better overall (especially Kobe), but meh.

Blue_Dog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #832
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Any way to see what Chris Paul's FG% on mid-range jumpers is this series?

I feel like it's 100%, with 99% being swishes.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #833
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Such a distasteful loss. Ugh, LA always have to make it difficult on themselves.

Paul is playing out of his mind. Kudos...
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #834
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Mavs for sure. I want us to win every game we play. I just don't think our team is remotely good enough to challenge the Lakers in a series.

If people would actually look at this roster, the would understand how we are nothing more than an average team and that we are clearly worse than the Thunder even though we got the three seed.

With a healthy Butler? I would feel totally different, but sadly we don't have him.

Meh, injuries shouldn't be an excuse. It's part of the game.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #835
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku

I feel like I'm watching a hybrid of Isiah Thomas/Magic with what CP3 is doing to us. Got his midrange game down like Zeke, and is getting everyone involved with his insane passing skills and ability to dictate/control an offense a la Magic.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #836
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku

7-12 from 16-23 feet, 6-8 from 10-15 feet. That percentage is going to be high when you get big men on switches so often.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #837
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

f*ck i missed the game it was too late
anyone know where i can watch it ?

and i heard bynum hurt his ankles after guarding cp3... is he ok ?
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #838
NBASTATMAN

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch24
I feel like I'm watching a hybrid of Isiah Thomas/Magic with what CP3 is doing to us. Got his midrange game down like Zeke, and is getting everyone involved with his insane passing skills and ability to dictate/control an offense a la Magic.

Zeke would do the same thing to the Lakers as well.. Zeke actually played much more in a half court set and made ridiculous plays as well.. Magic was awesome too but played more fast tempo.. Dude was flat out ridiculous with his skills.. Lebron isn't close in terms dribbling and passing skills
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #839
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Meh, injuries shouldn't be an excuse. It's part of the game.

Its not an excuse for anything. Its just a fact that this Mavericks team is significantly better with Butler. He can get his own shot, he's tough, and he would be our best perimeter defender.

There is no excuse. Just stating a fact. I think we easily win this Blazers series and would have a legit chance against LA with a healthy Butler.

Doesn't mean the Mavs still shouldn't beat the Blazers. We should. We have homecourt and we have the best player in the series.

But to act like its not a huge deal that we are missing Butler is just silly. Its definitely part of the game, but that doesn't mean injuries don't play huge roles.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #840
NBASTATMAN

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Its not an excuse for anything. Its just a fact that this Mavericks team is significantly better with Butler. He can get his own shot, he's tough, and he would be our best perimeter defender.

There is no excuse. Just stating a fact. I think we easily win this Blazers series and would have a legit chance against LA with a healthy Butler.

Doesn't mean the Mavs still shouldn't beat the Blazers. We should. We have homecourt and we have the best player in the series.

But to act like its not a huge deal that we are missing Butler is just silly. Its definitely part of the game, but that doesn't mean injuries don't play huge roles.

Caron would have helped.. Too bad it seems like every team but LA gets the big injuries... Even when Bynum has been hurt he has been able to play and his big body helps out alot in the playoffs.
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: