Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #841
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,792
LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
Caron would have helped.. Too bad it seems like every team but LA gets the big injuries... Even when Bynum has been hurt he has been able to play and his big body helps out alot in the playoffs.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Bynum. Kobe. Pau. Ariza. Barnes. Farmar. Those guys have all been injured... just because Bynum, Kobe, and Barnes play through knee injuries doesn't mean the Lakers are luckier than everyone else.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #842
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Bynum. Kobe. Pau. Ariza. Barnes. Farmar. Those guys have all been injured... just because Bynum, Kobe, and Barnes play through knee injuries doesn't mean the Lakers are luckier than everyone else.

I will assume you aren't questioning the toughness of Caron Butler with this comment.

If you are:
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 AM   #843
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,673
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Cant believe how good chris paul is.. holy shit. That guy is perfect at getting to his spots and when he gets to them and has even an ounce of air, it's going right through the net. One of the smartest and most mentally tough players I've ever seen.

He was making the lakers defensive gameplan look straight up stupid in the third when he got bynum switched on him him one on one several times in a row. This guy rarely forces a shot when a player goes under a screen so I don't know why the lakers kept switching. When Chris paul has a big man on him soloed he picks the spot he's going to go to, dribbles his confidence up for a few seconds, gets to that spot after shaking the defender a little, and it's all wet after that. You can't let Paul develop a rythym like that because that is exactly what sparks his jumpshot. LA has to dictate defensively what's going to happen and have Paul react to it, not the other way around. Shit doubling him and making him give the ball to one of his teammates who couldn't hit side side of a building would have worked fine but the lakers didn't learn.

Chris Paul killed the lakers again tonight. If they can slow him down it's good night for New Orleans.. otherwise we may be looking at a deja vu from last year when the lakers were a tip in away from going to seven with a lower seeded team.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #844
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,792
LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I will assume you aren't questioning the toughness of Caron Butler with this comment.

If you are:

No, I'm not. Why don't you go back and read what he posted. It was ridiculous.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #845
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
No, I'm not. Why don't you go back and read what he posted. It was ridiculous.

I saw it. Of course its not true.

I do take issue with you saying that injuries don't play a role. Especially when your team has had some injury issues over the last few years.

Caron Butler is the 2nd best player on our team. No, he's not as important as Gasol, but he's probably a little more important to us than Odom is to the Lakers.

Imagine the Lakers trying to win this series, let alone the title without Odom.

That was my point and I stand by it. Its not an excuse or anything...just stating the reality of the Mavs and the importance of Butler.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #846
Hulk Hogan
Banned
 
Hulk Hogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,136
Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I saw it. Of course its not true.

I do take issue with you saying that injuries don't play a role. Especially when your team has had some injury issues over the last few years.

Caron Butler is the 2nd best player on our team. No, he's not as important as Gasol, but he's probably a little more important to us than Odom is to the Lakers.

Imagine the Lakers trying to win this series, let alone the title without Odom.

That was my point and I stand by it. Its not an excuse or anything...just stating the reality of the Mavs and the importance of Butler.

We haven't had bynum for the last 3 post seasons?
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #847
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,974
blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

it's time LA considers doubling cp3 hard. let everyone else beat you. kobe isn't recovering fast enough and it's just mismatch for any LA bigs on switches. factor in LA's slow closeout defense and it's just...ya.

personally, i would have liked to see gasol, bynum or artest get a couple more touches down late. artest abuses bellinelli in the post...and bynum and gasol were having success. post up, if it's not there, repost and kick out for a clean shot. LA's late game decisions have been questionable at best.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #848
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
We haven't had bynum for the last 3 post seasons?

Uhhhhhh. Bynum hasn't been as important as Odom until this year.

And you had Bynum last year. You didn't have him in 08 and lost.

I give anything to see Butler on the floor 25 minutes a game like Bynum played last year.

Hulk blatantly making crap up again.

Bynum played 23 games in 09 and 10 in the playoffs. He averaged 17 and 24 minutes respectively.

And even more....you had no ****ing chance to beat the Celtics last year if Bynum had missed that series.

LOL....Hulk...you are a joke. Please get banned. You ruin this board.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #849
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Uhhhhhh. Bynum hasn't been as important as Odom until this year.

And you had Bynum last year. You didn't have him in 08 and lost.

I give anything to see Butler on the floor 25 minutes a game like Bynum played last year.

Hulk blatantly making crap up again.

Bynum played 23 games in 09 and 10 in the playoffs. He averaged 17 and 24 minutes respectively.

And even more....you had no ****ing chance to beat the Celtics last year if Bynum had missed that series.

LOL....Hulk...you are a joke. Please get banned. You ruin this board.

Please go educate yourself about the state of the Lakers with & without Bynum. In 2008, healthy Bynum was easily our 2nd best player (prior to Pau's arrival) and it showed. LA went 9-1 and were the #1 seed mostly because of how dominant Bynum was. What you think provoked the Gasol trade? Lamar's health?

LA proceeded to go 5-5 after Bynum went down and before Pau's arrival. Injury free, Bynum is our 3rd best player without question; heck sometimes I wonder if he's our 2nd best player. Unfortunately (and fortunately for every other team) every time he looks perfectly healthy; he sustains a set-back injury.

We made the NBA finals without much contribution from Drew; this is the first post-season where the guy is somewhat healthy and he is contributing. We really need him right now with the way Pau & Kobe have been playing in this first round and the last 20 some games in the regular season.

Bynum is our defensive anchor; and is a very efficient scorer. Of course he's more important then Lamar when healthy; primarily, defensively of course. Lamar is a more versatile offensive player, which is why Phil always leaves him in late in games. But if Drew can stay healthy; I think he can be a candidate for DPOTY.

I just wish our four stars can find some sort of rhythm, consistency and chemistry among each other. It's like we can never have these four on the same page ever. If Drew & Kobe are having a good game; Lamar & Pau are not etc.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #850
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Also, just because Drew was injured in 2008 & 2009; how is that an indication that Lamar is more important? Outside of the obvious reason; not being injury prone. Of course there is two-sides to story; if Drew never got hurt, we would have never pursued Pau.

But don't be fooled, as good as Lamar has been this season & as much as he brings to the team off the bench...Bynum brings even more, specifically his defensive presence.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #851
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosso√er
Please go educate yourself about the state of the Lakers with & without Bynum. In 2008, healthy Bynum was easily our 2nd best player (prior to Pau's arrival) and it showed. LA went 9-1 and were the #1 seed mostly because of how dominant Bynum was. What you think provoked the Gasol trade? Lamar's health?

LA proceeded to go 5-5 after Bynum went down and before Pau's arrival. Injury free, Bynum is our 3rd best player without question; heck sometimes I wonder if he's our 2nd best player. Unfortunately (and fortunately for every other team) every time he looks perfectly healthy; he sustains a set-back injury.

We made the NBA finals without much contribution from Drew; this is the first post-season where the guy is somewhat healthy and he is contributing. We really need him right now with the way Pau & Kobe have been playing in this first round and the last 20 some games in the regular season.

Bynum is our defensive anchor; and is a very efficient scorer. Of course he's more important then Lamar when healthy; primarily, defensively of course. Lamar is a more versatile offensive player, which is why Phil always leaves him in late in games. But if Drew can stay healthy; I think he can be a candidate for DPOTY.

I just wish our four stars can find some sort of rhythm, consistency and chemistry among each other. It's like we can never have these four on the same page ever. If Drew & Kobe are having a good game; Lamar & Pau are not etc.

You are agreeing with me. A healthy bynum is more important than Odom....of course.

My point was that he hasn't been healthy and therefore has not impacted the game as much as Odom....until this year in my opinion.

Hulk claimed that the Lakers haven't had Bynum for the last 3 years in the playoffs. That of course is a flat out lie. You didn't have him in 08....and you lost...making my point for me.

But Bynum did play 23 games the last two playoffs and now he's playing this year. So again...Hulk is full of shit.

I said that the Mavs missing Caron Butler would be similar to the Lakers not having Odom...even though in reality Butler is worth more to the Mavs than Odom is to the Lakers.

I didn't bring up Bynum. Your boy Hulk did.....and he was full of shit as usual.

If you want to make it about Bynum...so be it. My point stands just the same. Take Bynum off the Lakers the last 2 years completely and I'm not sure they win either title. They could have won in 09, but definitely not last year.

Again. Hulk was trying to claim that the Mavs missing Butler doesn't impact the Mavs at all. Total BS.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #852
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
You are agreeing with me. A healthy bynum is more important than Odom....of course.

My point was that he hasn't been healthy and therefore has not impacted the game as much as Odom....until this year in my opinion.

Hulk claimed that the Lakers haven't had Bynum for the last 3 years in the playoffs. That of course is a flat out lie. You didn't have him in 08....and you lost...making my point for me.

But Bynum did play 23 games the last two playoffs and now he's playing this year. So again...Hulk is full of shit.

I said that the Mavs missing Caron Butler would be similar to the Lakers not having Odom...even though in reality Butler is worth more to the Mavs than Odom is to the Lakers.

I didn't bring up Bynum. Your boy Hulk did.....and he was full of shit as usual.

If you want to make it about Bynum...so be it. My point stands just the same. Take Bynum off the Lakers the last 2 years completely and I'm not sure they win either title. They could have won in 09, but definitely not last year.

Again. Hulk was trying to claim that the Mavs missing Butler doesn't impact the Mavs at all. Total BS.

My bad, but to be fair...
Bynum despite playing 20+ games was not productive. He was playing hurt and was only playing because we desperately needed his size down low. He picked up fouls rapidly and his stamina was extremely weak. He was no where near our 3rd best player, like he is this season; despite Lamar having his best year as a pro.

PS - I don't think LA would have won the title last year without Bynum ONLY because of our weak rotation up-front (besides Lamar, Drew & Pau). I mean Bynum had one impressive game in the NBA finals and was almost a non-factor for the other five/six games. He did help LA beat Boston, but they could have beaten Boston in six games at most if Bynum was actually healthy last year against them.

Last edited by crosso√er : 04-25-2011 at 08:34 AM.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #853
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

To all the Kobe stans that have been railing on Dirk and were bringing up his poor shooting and saying he's playing terrible:

Dirk:

27/7/3 on 41/57/88....averaging over 11 points in the 4th qtr for the series

Kobe

23/5/4 on 42/36/78....not sure what his 4th qtr scoring is like...but its not 11

Yep. Dirk has just been terrible.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 04-25-2011 at 08:35 AM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #854
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,001
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosso√er
My bad, but to be fair...
Bynum despite playing 20+ games was not productive. He was playing hurt and was only playing because we desperately needed his size down low. He picked up fouls rapidly and his stamina was extremely weak. He was no where near our 3rd best player, like he is this season; despite Lamar having his best year as a pro.

Which is exactly why I used Odom as my example.

All my point was is this:

If a team loses one of its 2 or 3 best players....it really hurts you. Certain teams like the Lakers can overcome it more because they are just better than the Mavs. The Mavs can't overcome it as well. We really really really miss Butler and what he brings.

That was my point. Hulk was trying to assert that it doesn't matter at all. Which we all know is total BS.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #855
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,573
Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
it's time LA considers doubling cp3 hard. let everyone else beat you. kobe isn't recovering fast enough and it's just mismatch for any LA bigs on switches. factor in LA's slow closeout defense and it's just...ya.

personally, i would have liked to see gasol, bynum or artest get a couple more touches down late. artest abuses bellinelli in the post...and bynum and gasol were having success. post up, if it's not there, repost and kick out for a clean shot. LA's late game decisions have been questionable at best.

This.

LA needs to just throw hard doubles at CP3 from the get-go. Make his life a living hell out there, and limit his penetration.

The other Hornets aren't going to beat us. That whole team starts and ends with Chris Paul.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy