Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 04-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #856
Bandito
pauk's stan

Default Re: April 24, Playoffs round 1, Lakers at Hornets Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
We haven't had bynum for the last 3 post seasons?
The Lakers had Bynum for the last 2 post seasons what are you talking about.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #857
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Uhhhhhh. Bynum hasn't been as important as Odom until this year.

And you had Bynum last year. You didn't have him in 08 and lost.

I give anything to see Butler on the floor 25 minutes a game like Bynum played last year.

Hulk blatantly making crap up again.

Bynum played 23 games in 09 and 10 in the playoffs. He averaged 17 and 24 minutes respectively.

And even more....you had no ****ing chance to beat the Celtics last year if Bynum had missed that series.

LOL....Hulk...you are a joke. Please get banned. You ruin this board.

A 25% bynum is not a bynum. More like a liability you fool!
Second of all. Bynum played only about a quarter (mostly the first) in the entire boston series.
This is the first post-season we actually have a healthy bynum that can contribute.

Last edited by Hulk Hogan : 04-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #858
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
A 25% bynum is not a bynum. More like a liability you fool!
Second of all. Bynum played only about a quarter (mostly the first) in the entire boston series.
This is the first post-season we actually have a healthy bynum that can contribute.

1. I totally disagree with your take on the impact bynum had the last 2 years

2. You are making my point for me. Imagine trying to win this series...let alone the title missing either Bynum or Odom....take your pick. Doesn't matter. If a team loses its 2nd or 3rd best player it really hurts.

3. Funny how the year you didn't actually have Bynum at all the Lakers lost. Strange how that works isn't it.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #859
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
1. I totally disagree with your take on the impact bynum had the last 2 years

2. You are making my point for me. Imagine trying to win this series...let alone the title missing either Bynum or Odom....take your pick. Doesn't matter. If a team loses its 2nd or 3rd best player it really hurts.

3. Funny how the year you didn't actually have Bynum at all the Lakers lost. Strange how that works isn't it.

We still went to the finals without Bynum.
Mavs can't even get out the first round.

Secondly, we can win this series without Odom or Bynum.
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #860
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
We still went to the finals without Bynum.
Mavs can't even get out the first round.

What relevance does this have? We all know the Lakers are much better than the Mavs.

Is anyone claiming otherwise? Hulk, you need to start using your brain. Every discussion should not ultimately end with you talking about how many rings the Lakers or Kobe has.

Its really pathetic man.

We were discussing the impact of missing the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team. The impact can be enormous in my opinion. Great teams like the Lakers can overcome it to an extent. Good teams like the Mavs can't really overcome it.

Not sure your point. So the Mavs wouldn't have a much better chance in this series or potentially in the 2nd round without our 2nd best player? Its just laughable. This Mavs team is sorely missing Butler's ability to create his own shot and his perimeter defense.

I'm trying to give you a chance man, but you really are just useless and can't stay remotely consistent.

You constantly claim how badly Dirk sucks and say how awful he's playing in this series. But do you do that with Kobe? Kobe is actually playing worse than Dirk after 4 games now.

Nobody is saying Dirk is playing great. He's clearly not. But neither is Kobe. Have I said that Kobe sucks? No. Have I said Kobe is mentally weak? No. Have i said Kobe is a choker? No.

So if you are going to say all those constantly about other players....prepare for them when Kobe doesn't play well.

Again.

23/5/4 on 42/36/78......not great....and he hasn't been the best player in the series so far.

So STFU about other players if you aren't going to take the same stance with Kobe.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #861
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
I saw it. Of course its not true.

I do take issue with you saying that injuries don't play a role. Especially when your team has had some injury issues over the last few years.

Caron Butler is the 2nd best player on our team. No, he's not as important as Gasol, but he's probably a little more important to us than Odom is to the Lakers.

Imagine the Lakers trying to win this series, let alone the title without Odom.

That was my point and I stand by it. Its not an excuse or anything...just stating the reality of the Mavs and the importance of Butler.

It's the first round. Obviously losing a player like Odom would put the margin of error at next to zero, but they'd still be favorites to beat the Hornets.

I just don't think it's fair to say, "Oh, well it's not really an upset if the Mavericks lose to the Blazers because Butler's hurt." That's a cop out. The Blazers don't have their starting center and their franchise player is clearly not healthy. Injuries happen.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: