Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Knicks plan to pursue Kurt Thomas

Quote:
Kurt Thomas is the NBA's oldest player and he might just hold the title of slowest and most vertically challenged, too.

Yet, he's precisely what the Knicks need.

According to a team source, the Knicks intend to make a run at reacquiring Thomas this summer, or whenever the expected NBA lockout ends. The veteran power forward is a free agent who spent last season with the Chicago Bulls and has made it clear that he wants to play at least one more season.

Thomas will likely decide between the Knicks and Bulls, although he remains hopeful that his hometown Dallas Mavericks will reach out to him as well. Thomas attended all three NBA Finals games in Dallas.

"I'm working out and staying in shape," Thomas, a Knick from 1999-2005, said over the telephone. "I definitely want to play again."

Thomas, who will turn 39 in October, has replaced the recently retired Shaquille O'Neal as the NBA's oldest player. However, unlike Shaq, Thomas has proven that he can stay healthy and be productive.

Thomas appeared in 52 games and made 32 starts last season for a Bulls team that won a league-high 62 games. He was signed as insurance for Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer and ended up being a vital player for Chicago when the Bulls' starting center and starting power forward, respectively, both missed significant time due to injury.

The 6-9 Thomas appeals to the Knicks because he gives them an experienced low-post defender off the bench. Plus, he's still a good pick-and-pop shooter with decent range. The Knicks also believe Thomas' voice and presence will help their locker room and that he can be a good influence on rookies Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson.

Mike D'Antoni, who coached Thomas in Phoenix, tried to recruit Thomas to the Knicks two years ago. Thomas left the Knicks organization on good terms despite having a celebrated falling-out with Stephon Marbury that culminated with the two nearly fighting in the locker room after a game.

Thomas and Marcus Camby are the two remaining active players from the Knicks' 1999 conference title team.

"Everyone knows how I feel about the Knicks," said Thomas, who averaged 4.1 points and 5.8 rebounds in 22.7 minutes per game last season. "I have a lot of friends there. We'll see what happens. It's too early to say right now, especially since there might be a lockout. But I'm keeping myself ready because I want to keep playing."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...xzz1QfSI74 fh
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks plan to pursue Kurt Thomas

Quote:
Alex Kennedy: The New York Knicks will meet with PG Julyan Stone on Thursday morning. Stone went undrafted, but New York liked him throughout the process. Twitter

we can see what he can do in training camp
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can we PLEASE stop BSing and sign Earl Barron? Seriously

I wouldnt mind Julyan Stone or Randy Culpepper from UTEP.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Can we PLEASE stop BSing and sign Earl Barron? Seriously

I wouldnt mind Julyan Stone or Randy Culpepper from UTEP.
Barron must have done something personal to D'antoni.

Even Walsh at a point last season said he didn't think he'd play.

Id give Julyan a look though, a tall pg is intriguing.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is very true.It's been a while since the league has had an effective one. My only thing is...isn't that what Shumpert is supposed to be? Im not sure about OUR plans but I can assure you HE thinks he's going to play point.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good decision if we can get him and etan thomas or kwame we should be good for next year
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I like the Kwame idea.I heard Etan Thomas developed some heart or brain condition.Not sure of the details.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Sorry...its a heart condition.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kurt would be a decent backup to Amar'e, but I see no reason why he'd leave the Bulls though.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Kurt would be a decent backup to Amar'e, but I see no reason why he'd leave the Bulls though.

I saw in the New York Post he would like to come back to the NY area.

I really dont understand why, I assumed he would've bought a house around the area when he played for us.

Anyways, I think he must know Chicago is going to give his backup minutes to Asik.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is very true.It's been a while since the league has had an effective one. My only thing is...isn't that what Shumpert is supposed to be? Im not sure about OUR plans but I can assure you HE thinks he's going to play point.
From the 1 game I saw of Stone in the C-USA Tournament & of course the scouting reports on him, hes a pass first PG who is not looking for his shot. Most likely because he doesnt have one. Im not sure how that will fly in the NBA though because teams will sag off of him while he doesnt utilize his size advantage.

Well, Shumpert is not a true PG like Stone. It would just be an example of putting a good ballhandler at the PG position, but in the NBA he projects as our SG. I hope D'Antoni doesnt try to turn him into a NBA PG in the same vein of young Jamal Crawford, Hughes, Evans, & most recently Stephenson as a big PG.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Court vision, playmaking mainly the p n r, that's all I can ask for in the backcourt players.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

In defense of Shumpert,I h8 when analyst (talking about the guys on TV) point out things and don't explain why.He had a poor shooting percentage @ GT because he was forced to take bad shots.Once Lawal left, they didnt have much scoring at GT.If you look at his form,it really isn't indicatice of a guy who shoots 27%.It's kinda like Vince Carter.He has an excellent stroke but his shot selection brings his percentage down.

That being said,I actually hope we do try him out @ point initially.In the few games I've seen of him and his footage on youtube,he has surprisingly good basketball instincts.The way I see it is,@ sg if he develops he'll be just another 6'5" sg.If we can get him to develop well as a point guard,we'd have something special.He already can guard the position.He already has an NBA body.Imagine smaller pg's tryna guard him with al that size and athleticism.

As for Kurt Thomas,I was impressed by his limited minutes he played in Chicago.At times I wanted to see him out there over Boozer.However,he looks like a health issue waiting to happen.For the 1st time he's beginning to look really outta shape and fat.I wouldnt mind bringing him in for leadership and toughness for the vet min but @ some point we have to address our STARTING center position.This was my only argument with the whole Harrellson acquisition.We're going after al these backup centers...what about one starting one?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Its been a while but I rather them sign young players than crust like Thomas. I wouldnt be all that opposed to Kwame (midget hands) Brown.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #15
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who needs an old fart
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: