Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #151
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official: "We Need To Bring This Player In" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I am biased on him. I thought dropping out of school was an awful decision.

He seems to be on a mission to prove his decision was better than attending a college for a year.

His game reminds me so much of Channing Frye, and folks who have been here awhile know I wanted Frye gone the day we drafted him.

NBA body, nice touch, but soft as baby shit.

Frye wasn't immature though.

For a 2nd rounder, I'd take a chance on him, let him prove himself without having guaranteed money.

I dont think Tyler has the range of a Channing Frye, most of the stuff on him shows him just being a dunker.

Just another big guy out of HS who doesnt know anything but to dunk right now. From the combine it looked like he has a good touch around the basket too, but it seems like he doesnt show it in any game.

I'd take a flyer on him in Round 2. He seems like one of those 2nd contract players who disappoints the hell out of you in his first few years, but goes somewhere else and then becomes a good player.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #152
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also please bring in Chris Douglas-Roberts.

This man can average 15 PPG in the NBA now, he just has had a problem with tweeting and being a happy camper while not playing his first 3 years.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #153
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
What about Jeremy Tyler in this year's draft? Legit NBA size, athleticism, and a nice skill component. Immaturity issues might cause him to drop, no?
I'd be REALLY nervous about this kid. I only known one person who has been in contact with this kid that hasn't called him a jackhole. However, all those people dealt with him when he was a hotshot HS prospect with an inflated ego.

Has the struggles overseas changed his outlook on life for good or is the change thats been reported a temporary one?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #154
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Also please bring in Chris Douglas-Roberts.

This man can average 15 PPG in the NBA now, he just has had a problem with tweeting and being a happy camper while not playing his first 3 years.

That would be a great move, he's a bench producer for the right price.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #155
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

brandon jennings seems to be available, what about tradeing for him plus magette for billups fields, walker and our pick

maybe the bucks can throw in a pick aswell.

they would be good trade chips if anything
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #156
stat1melo7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stat1melo7 has an OK reputation so far

Dwight Howard
stat1melo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #157
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat1melo7
Dwight Howard
Welcome
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #158
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
That would be a great move, he's a bench producer for the right price.
Yeah whatever team gets him will know what he is in terms of a scorer. He's probably the 2nd best available at SG behind JR Smith who might get more money than we can offer.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #159
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I dont think Tyler has the range of a Channing Frye, most of the stuff on him shows him just being a dunker.

Just another big guy out of HS who doesnt know anything but to dunk right now. From the combine it looked like he has a good touch around the basket too, but it seems like he doesnt show it in any game.

I'd take a flyer on him in Round 2. He seems like one of those 2nd contract players who disappoints the hell out of you in his first few years, but goes somewhere else and then becomes a good player.
I feel he is like Frye in the sense of being soft and seemingly afraid of contact in the paint.

Not referring to the PHX Frye but the Frye we drafted.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #160
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Knicks need defensive minded role players.. We don't need more scorers.

Look at KC they have a bunch of role players around Durant and Westbrook, same with Mavs, etc.

We don't need Paul, we just need a serviceable PG who'll play defense, facilitate the offense and knock his open shots down. We don't need Dwight, we need a center who defends the post, grabs boards and contests shots. It's about balance. We can get a player like Mayo and sign players with our cap this offseason and build a solid team instead of waiting for Dwight or CP3.

I'd like the knicks to go after thabo sefolsha(sp?) and asik, players of that mold.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #161
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I feel he is like Frye in the sense of being soft and seemingly afraid of contact in the paint.

Not referring to the PHX Frye but the Frye we drafted.
Oh, ok. Then we definetly need to avoid that.

You cant teach toughness. With all the stuff about Tyler being a headcase, it has to make you wonder how anyone can act "tough" when they dont have a game to match. I can tolerate a kid like Stephenson, Selby, etc having that edge to them but not a guy scared of contact.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #162
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oh, ok. Then we definetly need to avoid that.

You cant teach toughness. With all the stuff about Tyler being a headcase, it has to make you wonder how anyone can act "tough" when they dont have a game to match. I can tolerate a kid like Stephenson, Selby, etc having that edge to them but not a guy scared of contact.
I just don't think the kid is tough.

But for a 2nd rounder, I'd take a chance considering it's all on him to prove his worth.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #163
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Knicks need defensive minded role players.. We don't need more scorers.

Look at KC they have a bunch of role players around Durant and Westbrook, same with Mavs, etc.

The thing that seperates us from OKC & Dallas is a defensive anchor/shot blocker down low. I think when we find that guy we will be able to take the next step into a Title Contender, its just so few big men them out there available.

We're building our team around 2 Scoring Forwards who need the ball. As we saw during the rest of the season and in the Playoffs, both guys alone can not carry a team who has no defense. As they say you build your team from the inside-out, we didnt exactly do that. A team like Miami is in the same boat, but the production of Joel Anthony has pushed them potentially into a NBA Finals.

Quote:
We don't need Paul, we just need a serviceable PG who'll play defense, facilitate the offense and knock his open shots down. We don't need Dwight, we need a center who defends the post, grabs boards and contests shots. It's about balance. We can get a player like Mayo and sign players with our cap this offseason and build a solid team instead of waiting for Dwight or CP3.

Why go after a PG who'll play defense, facilitate the offense and knock his open shots down when we can get the best in the league at it like Chris Paul?

Why go after a C who defends the post, grabs boards and contests shots when we can get the best in the league at it like Dwight Howard?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #164
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You go after those guys and if you can't get them you build a team with depth.I don't think we have to trade for them like Melo but if you have an opportunity to bring in one of the best at any position,you do it.That said,we don't have to mortgage the farm for them.So essentially both of you guys are right.Unlike with Melo,there are options at C and PG that aren't "settling". Besides,I don't know if it's just because Paul mentioned it,but why so much Paul talk and not DWill?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #165
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You go after those guys and if you can't get them you build a team with depth.I don't think we have to trade for them like Melo but if you have an opportunity to bring in one of the best at any position,you do it.That said,we don't have to mortgage the farm for them.So essentially both of you guys are right.Unlike with Melo,there are options at C and PG that aren't "settling". Besides,I don't know if it's just because Paul mentioned it,but why so much Paul talk and not DWill?

Because of the move to the swamp. Although I doubt he stays there after losing 60 games again next season.

I'd definitely prefer Deron over CP3 on this team.

Mostly health wise. CP3, Amar'e and Turiaf are all not known for durability.

And Deron is by far my favorite PG in the game.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: