Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In

We need alot of pieces.

Outside of Amar'e and Melo there are only two other solid roster spots that I would bring back.

AC and Shawne Williams

AC because he is a solid defender makes the smart simple play, and controls a tempo and blends in well with Amar'e and Melo, which is a priority.

If the goal is to be a legit championship contender we have to have a veteran group mixed with a little touch of experienced youth.

I'm also keeping in mind that the players we would acquire would be on the cheaper side.

I will list the needs by priority, along with my ideal players.

1) 2 starting quality bigmen, 2 reserves in which one has to be a savvy vet.....

Nene, Jason Smith, Reggie Evans, Nazr even a crap shoot on Greg Oden

Notice I didn't say Centers....these guys will get plenty of minutes in the center role and can backup Amar'e, so he never has to play the 5.

Plus they all value a rebound, and post defense, which is a definite need in the position they will occupy.

2) Starting PG

This can be accomplished through draft 1 day deal, and look no further than the Detroit Pistons

Fields, Balkman, 3mil cash, 2011 1st rd pick for......

Detroit's 1st round pick (draft Jimmer Fredette),

AC can toughen up Jimmer get him used to NBA PG roles.

Can control the tempo, and can make and take solid jumper.

3) Starting and backup SG

I know he is out of position, but I want his experience and he could come cheap....Grant Hill.

He would be the perfect team mate, and still has game.

Also, Deshawn Stevenson because he is a solid player who prides in defense, and has experience and would come cheap.

Stevenson being the starter, Hill the backup.

4) A Quality sixth man, who will never be inserted into the starting line-up.

Jr Smith, he would know his role, still young, has game.

So my depth chart looks like.......

C Nene, Smith, Nazr
PF Amare, Evans
SF Melo, Shawne
SG Stevenson, Hill
PG Jimmer, AC

Sixth Man..... Jr Smith

Guys who are still here due to contract......

Turiaf, Douglas, Walker

I will stick this in a few.....

BTW Chauncey has been bought out in my plans for next season.

I'm a fan of the Knicks, not the players....It ain't personal.

Last edited by knickscity : 04-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #17
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

What are the Pistons lottery odds? We are going to need a better pick than most would think to get Jimmer Freddette. Alot of guys or staying in college this year so Jimmers probably going to go at a higher spot then initially thought.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@knickscity

Are you sure it's possible to sign Nene,Smith,Nazr,Evans,Stevenson,Hill and J.R.Smith ?

It looks suspicious to me.

Nene wants a big contract,so as J.R.Smith.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Those were just my choices but some of those guys don't make alot now.

I think some would take a sizeable paycut, or a cap friendly structured deal.

The idea is selling them on winning.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #20
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Those were just my choices but some of those guys don't make alot now.

I think some would take a sizeable paycut, or a cap friendly structured deal.

The idea is selling them on winning.
Still,I don't think we would be able to sign all those guys.

But I like your idea.
Jimmer
Smith
Melo
Amare
Nene

It looks scary.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #21
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Jimmer isn't going to have a place in this league four years from now.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #22
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official: "We Need To Bring This Player In" Thread

Jimmer .

He's probably the worst defender in the first round this year.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Knickscity you like Jimmer that much?That's giving alot for a guy who could even slip to us.Granted he had a phnomenal year but he wasn't playing against elite talent @ BYU.Kemba played in the best conference in america and UCONN's out-of-conference schedule was extremely tough too.That being said,I wouldn't give up all that for Kemba so I defeinitely wouldn't for Jimmer.

Furthermore,you do know if we get Jimmer Mike D'Antoni is going to stay right? I mean he's right up Mike's alley.They'd almost have to let him play with that toy for @ least a year.

I wouldn't mind offering JR Smith our mid-level or better and letting him be our starting sg.We have Landry.If JR gets on one of those Jamal Crawford chucking sprees...in comes Fields and to the bench he goes.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I don't see how Jimmer is really a D'antoni point guard. He doesn't strike me as a particularly competent passer or pick and roll player. D'antoni point guards have to control the offense and create for others, not chuck. Think Nash, not Chauncey.

The thing with JR is you have to give him good minutes. Karl has him on too short a leash. He only sees 10 minutes a night or something like that, and he starts getting antsy, thinking he has to make a big splash, chucking away without conscience. Get him into the flow of the game and he turns into a good defender and passer who can also be an explosive scorer.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

BTW, one guy I thought earlier in the season would be interesting to take a look at - as he seemed to be unhappy and poorly utilized where he was - was Rudy Fernandez. From what I could tell, he's being used as just a spot up shooter in Portland, when he has more to his game. He could really do some things off the dribble or out in transition, making some cool passes and stuff. I think he'd a popular, solid producer in NY. Maybe bring him and Oden over.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I actually Jimmer even better then Kemba, but I like them both.

I see Jimmer just making the solid play, and if no option is available he can knock down the shot himself.

The 3 mil cash probably wouldn't be needed.

What do you guys think about the rest of my ideas?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #27
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I don't like Nene at center. He's not the sort of defensive anchor you need down there, he's a scorer like Amar'e. Healthy Greg Oden is the starter on a championship team, so that's a good gamble.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #28
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Don't know how to do it but bring in

PG: Chris Paul

SG: OJ Mayo

C: Marc Gasol

Chris Paul/OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire/Marc Gasol
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds good but it's pretty much impossible.I do wish somehow we could bring in OJ Mayo.I've given up on getting Gasol.His stock,I'm sure,is rising and rising.

Quote:
I don't see how Jimmer is really a D'antoni point guard

Are you kidding me?

Would you guys be opposed to starting Williams over Fields @ the 2? I thought about it the other day.He'd be very similar to Dorell Wright from GS.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #30
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Don't know how to do it but bring in

PG: Chris Paul

SG: OJ Mayo

C: Marc Gasol

Chris Paul/OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire/Marc Gasol

What you on my man?

Kush?
Rocks?
Meth?