Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default 76ers win over Heat - what it means...

I realize its only 1 game period. A good game to watch. Lot of sloppy play in the 3 q - but still fun.

Seriously though - the lesson I think is look at the hero's of the game. Jrue H and Lou Williams. Both guys in big pressure situations making some great plays. Solid draft picks too - netiher are number 1 overall.

Makes me even more committed to seeing what the young core of Derozan Davis Johnson Baylis and Draft pick 2011 et al can do here.

I was on the fence early in the seasom - thought adding a couple of high quality players (Ike was one for example) with the trade exception would keep the team competative for the playoffs and more. I was dead set against totally retooling the team..

I guess I gotta admit my mistake.

Nice win Philly - heres hoping you get 1 more !

Last edited by Jballer : 04-25-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 76ers win over Heat - what it means...

good point. I think philli and Indiana have potential to become elite teams of the east IF they can keep their core and continue to grow. Both of these teams look exciting and are very young. They could turn into the blazers or the thunder of the east.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

What is means is that they have a great supporting cast and are in need of a superstar. If they had a Lebron James calibur guy on their roster, this series would 3-1 rather than 1-3.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
What is means is that they have a great supporting cast and are in need of a superstar. If they had a Lebron James calibur guy on their roster, this series would 3-1 rather than 1-3.

Maybe - that is a fair assessment

Another potential is: Could also be that Philly will develop into a Pistons type team (the championship team). Lots of core pieces without a shinning superstar albiet Rip Tayshawn Billups and Big Ben were "elite - lite" in their day.

Of all the teams to win championships the last 20 years (Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Bulls) most relied on a combination of superstars but the Pistons and Spurs team argueably relied on complete rosters.

(I know the Spurs are debatable as TDunc is an elite superstar - but everyone else on the team is "kinda elite lite").

Indiana - maaaaybe.... gotta see where they go. I am not convinced yet.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with what you're saying to a certain extent, but the Pistons were better than the current Sixers at almost every roster spot. They didn't have a superstar but they did have multiple all-stars.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I agree with what you're saying to a certain extent, but the Pistons were better than the current Sixers at almost every roster spot. They didn't have a superstar but they did have multiple all-stars.

Yes agreed - but you are also comparing the current 76er roster to the "prime piston roster". I am suggesting that Ike Brand and their 2 young guns "could be" like that roster. Time injuries etc will tell of course.

I was of the opinion TO needed to use the CB4 cap exception to add 2 pieces - 2nd choice stars (Ike being a good example).

I guess I am admitting I am wholy wrong and like the direction of finding those guys like Lou Williams (Demar Derozan) who develope into clutch players.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Call me a downer but I personally think the Sixers and Pacers are firmly stuck in no man's land. Not good enough to do anything special and not bad enough to add the superstar piece to combine with their decent young roster to vault them into contention.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Call me a downer but I personally think the Sixers and Pacers are firmly stuck in no man's land. Not good enough to do anything special and not bad enough to add the superstar piece to combine with their decent young roster to vault them into contention.
I agree. Unless guys like Jrue Holiday or Evan Turner or Paul George or Hansbrough emerge into All-Stars, both teams are gonna be sitting at the bottom of the East playoff seeds with 1st round exits for years to come.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

agree about indy.
I think philly will be good in a few years.
They need to trade iggy and move turner into the starting 3.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 AM   #10
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
agree about indy.
I think philly will be good in a few years.
They need to trade iggy and move turner into the starting 3.

I think they have a shot at trading Turner for a star, that is if they are willing to.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: